79 Xmas Bud IBL

I don't know what it is about lake superior that gives us such hard winters and late springs but it sure does. Usually only if it completely freezes over does it stop the lake effect snow for the winter.
The bigger the lake the worse the weather. I've traveled across Canada numerous times and drove along Superior and Huron from Thunder Bay to Sudbury. Those lakes play tricks on ya in the winter and can be sketchy traveling.

The bigger the lake the worse the weather. I've traveled across Canada numerous times and drove along Superior and Huron from Thunder Bay to Sudbury. Those lakes play tricks on ya in the winter and can be sketchy traveling.
Yeah i am not a fan of having to go over the mackinac bridge in the winter time, we went to bay city in lower michigan last year at the end of october and the day we went back we got a half foot of snow. The lanes on that bridge are very narrow.

Day 25. everybody is doing good, going to need to give them a watering tomorrow. And my dirt came to day so i can up pot #2 on my next day off.
DSC08447.JPG
DSC08448.JPG
DSC08449.JPG
DSC08450.JPG
DSC08451.JPG

The bigger the lake the worse the weather. I've traveled across Canada numerous times and drove along Superior and Huron from Thunder Bay to Sudbury. Those lakes play tricks on ya in the winter and can be sketchy travelin
Hmm.. well this discoloration is starting to appear on plants #1,2, and 3 this is the same stuff that turned the leaf on #3 crispy about a week and a half ago. I had this stuff on my previous grow and i hit it with some nutes and it cleared it up, so i started fertilizing #1 and 3 with cal mag today and fish emoluments next watering ( at a third the strength). on my last grow this didn't show up until day 48. this time it's showing up way earlier, today is only day 26. im pretty sure it's a deficency and not the soil running hot and causing nutrient burn. Over all the plants are good and healthy and i know this is no reason for alarm. i was wondering what you think, deficency or burn?
DSC08457.JPG
DSC08458.JPG
DSC08460.JPG
DSC08461.JPG

I think # 2 is a female, it has a strong smell of pot to it. Im basing this soley on a grow i did twenty years ago where the female plant had a strong smell of pot well before it flowered and the males did not. I have no idea if that really means anything or not but it's the same smell this time. My other grows didn't really have any smell at all until they were curing. i49 seed company's plants have no smell to them when your growing them. I don't even use my charcoal filter in the grow tent. The xmas bud seeds are from humboldtcsi.

Sorry for the late reply, I was absent a couple of days. I'm not quite sure what that is at the moment. I do see some nutrient burn showing on the leaf tips in a couple of pictures. Here is the guide I normally use for deficiencies

Fox farm does run hot after all.
I have heard this before, but I've never used it myself to be able to confirm that. And to be honest, I sort of forgot with all the other info from here I try to cram in my brain :laughtwo:

I have heard this before, but I've never used it myself to be able to confirm that. And to be honest, I sort of forgot with all the other info from here I try to cram in my brain :laughtwo:
No worries, i think i've got this figured out. im just going to water them with straight water for about two more weeks before i start adding fertilizer. The growth on them is good and over all they are healthy so im not to concerned with a few spots on the leaves.

Hey fuzzy! Looking good still, plants are getting bigger by the day it seems now and they've gotten into the groove.

Appears that the issue on #3 has subsided now, that's good to see. It must have gotten splashed I guess, or just an odd ph fluctuation. All the new growth looks perfectly healthy.

That's a dam nice sturgeon. Congrats on the catch. I hope the release went okay for ya, I've read that people try not to take them out of the water to keep from injuring them. This is likely for some of the massive ones though 6 feet or larger

Hey fuzzy! Looking good still, plants are getting bigger by the day it seems now and they've gotten into the groove.

Appears that the issue on #3 has subsided now, that's good to see. It must have gotten splashed I guess, or just an odd ph fluctuation. All the new growth looks perfectly healthy.

That's a dam nice sturgeon. Congrats on the catch. I hope the release went okay for ya, I've read that people try not to take them out of the water to keep from injuring them. This is likely for some of the massive ones though 6 feet or larger
We had a really big net we could get him out of the water with. and two of us to carry him up to shore in it. we didn't want to do it in the water because it's nothing but large jagged rocks down there and he still had some fight in him to thrash around on them. we figured the grass 10 feet up was the safer option. But yeah we kept him in the net in the river for about ten minutes before releasing him so he could catch his breath and get his energy back before releasing him into the current. we took his head out of the net after and let him swim away when he was ready.

Back
Top Bottom