Take Two on the Clones

I can only guess you are out west...at any rate, you are working inside. Your RH is likely to be fairly low. Why would you skip the humidity dome? You can make one from a 2litre plastic soda bottle, so it can't be expense. Here the RH is like 80% or more every day (subtropics) and I keep my cuttings on the back porch...I still use humidity domes. I think the yellowing was more a function of the "too intense" light...more than lack of nutes. Soft light, balanced PH, and a gentle patient hand with the FF will go a very long way. I'm currently using the FF family of products (but I make my own soil) and I couldn't be happier so far. I'M ROOTIN' FOR YOU!!!:cheer::cheer:
:surf:

I have tried 3 different ways to clone - soil, soilless and dome and with out the dome . the two plants i got to root were in 2-1 soil. one was in a dome one wasnt in a dome . not putting it in a dome and feeding it water lets the leafs still absorber air while the stem gives nuters to the clone or cutting but i might use a dome depending on whow they react, ill be watching them close once i cut them and the Fim tech. is turning out to be amazing !!!!!

I clone in soil (in the pot I will use till harvest) and use the plastic cover from a package of DVRs for a dome. Works fine.

I have tried 3 different ways to clone - soil, soilless and dome and with out the dome . the two plants i got to root were in 2-1 soil. one was in a dome one wasnt in a dome . not putting it in a dome and feeding it water lets the leafs still absorber air while the stem gives nuters to the clone or cutting but i might use a dome depending on whow they react, ill be watching them close once i cut them and the Fim tech. is turning out to be amazing !!!!!

hmmmm.....yeah...but I lift that dome and mist the inside of it several times a day... lots o air exchange. We're still at 94 degrees during the day and 78 at night....It's very warm still. The climatic differences are likely everything. Whatever works best for ya. I read everything I can, and try most of it at least once....(lots of time, space and sunshine to work things out ) I like the bubble systems. You may want to read one of the tutorials on it. I think I'll try a small (4'x4') one and see. I'd like to bubble outside by the pool,but that'd be just plain indiscreet. :tokin: hahahaha

YouTube - blueberrybyflow :ganjamon: smoke up everbody.

UPDATE: Clones were too small, so I just trimmed the bottom set of leafs off. I was thinking about flowering them on Monday, or a week from that. Does anyone know about putting the plants into 36 hours of dark before i flower them? I know you do that before you harvest them, right? but I need more info on this. So sign up/on and write my ass. Please write back if you know what you are talking about and have done it first hand. but two more months. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: and i was thinking of having the 12/12 (on) part during the night, but i dont want any random like leaks(im scared to mess them up). but I really want to utilize the cold nights with the 400 watt hps... speak to me my weed people .

foxfarmguyZ, I have heard about people putting the plants into 36 hours dark period before flowering, but I personally don't think it is beneficial. Seems more natural for the plant to just go through your normal dark period and then switch to 12/12. As for the 36 hour dark period before harvest, I highly recommend that. This will increase trich production as the plant fears it is about to die, so it will make a last ditch effort to try and collect some pollen. More trichs = more stickyness to collect pollen with. Also, more trichs = more THC.

Also, I will mention I have not personally tried the 36 hour dark period before switching to 12/12. But, I have read on more than one instance that there is no obvious benefit. Although, if there is someone out there that does see some sort of benefit, I would love to hear about it.

Good luck, and happy growing!

foxfarmguyZ, I have heard about people putting the plants into 36 hours dark period before flowering, but I personally don't think it is beneficial. Seems more natural for the plant to just go through your normal dark period and then switch to 12/12. As for the 36 hour dark period before harvest, I highly recommend that. This will increase trich production as the plant fears it is about to die, so it will make a last ditch effort to try and collect some pollen. More trichs = more stickyness to collect pollen with. Also, more trichs = more THC.

Also, I will mention I have not personally tried the 36 hour dark period before switching to 12/12. But, I have read on more than one instance that there is no obvious benefit. Although, if there is someone out there that does see some sort of benefit, I would love to hear about it.

Good luck, and happy growing!

thanks alot ill for sure do that then .

Looks good so far... hope all goes well with the FIM man... Blueberry is a bomb strain..:bong:

it already started to get bushy. I'm giving them one more week and then its off to flowering!. I can't wait. They are giving off a nice blue berry muffin smell. Sooooo sexyy. :yahoo:

take it easy everyone

I took clones today. threw the humidity dome on . doing the 2-1 of 2 being light warrior, and 1 being ocean forest. i like soil to start with. ill have pics of them up soon or even a film :] :blunt: <<< i need one of those .

The timing of your post is superb! :passitleft:

And can't wait to see the clones. I hope to dive into this area eventually, so it's cool to see how other people clone since there are many variations.

The timing of your post is superb! :passitleft:

And can't wait to see the clones. I hope to dive into this area eventually, so it's cool to see how other people clone since there are many variations.

clones died, they were to small... im going to get some seeds soon I hope.
Also I'll be getting a New can fan 6" with a charcoal filter. I'd love some input on different brands and what not. So that means my out take now (4") will become my new intake, or i'll use it for my veg room. My two ladies : Sasha, Wendy. Will be going into flower this friday or saterday. I can't fucking wait. they're both over 11 inches And getting bushy. I'll have a video up soon, maybe a week after flowering or sooner .

Whats up ladies and gents at 420:ciao:. I will catch everyone up at where I'm at on my grow, the ladies are on day 32 of vegging. They are handling the FF nutrients (I'm fallowing there feeding chart, just a week behind tho)The leafs are pretty green and i don't want to over do it. Also I was reading about "super cropping", It scared the shit out of me when i first saw it. I didnt want to hurt my ladies... im sure you all understand. But i decided to do it to wendy. (bigger is better duhhh)but anywhoo It looks like she is handling it fine. :slide: ill have an update after 24 hours. but i hope she turns out well. Ill be starting 12/12 Saturday night.Whootwhooot:wood: so stay tuned.

And on a finishing note I'll be ordering some sexy seeds from Marijuana Seeds - Worldwide Marijuana Seeds

this is what im getting:

1lemon skunk -fem
1lsd-fem
3 unknown-fem

If you know about there feeding schedule or anything particular about them let me know

sooo in me "super cropping " i broke the stem. the article i read said it should be ok . . . i hope it is . i need to be softer with them next time i try this .

Yea, as long as the split is vertical and going with the grain of the stem you should be OK. Just a quick tip with supercropping, you want to have that done well before you switch to flowering so that you can give those lower branches time to grow upward to the height of the main stem, which is the goal. It basically makes all your branches top colas, hence the name "supercropping".

But, even then you definitely haven't hurt anything. It is good to get the plants growth hormones moving to the other budsites. Always good to experiment with new techniques.

+rep :tokin:

Yea, as long as the split is vertical and going with the grain of the stem you should be OK. Just a quick tip with supercropping, you want to have that done well before you switch to flowering so that you can give those lower branches time to grow upward to the height of the main stem, which is the goal. It basically makes all your branches top colas, hence the name "supercropping".

But, even then you definitely haven't hurt anything. It is good to get the plants growth hormones moving to the other budsites. Always good to experiment with new techniques.

+rep :tokin:

buddy! thanks for the info .
I was looking into getting some seeds. Im looking for someones opinion on fem and reg seeds.I know fem seeds can hermi on you . but that is rare, at least i hope. but with normal seeds i can onlyways make my own seeds for later down the road. i dont know if i should just get a couple different fem. or a 5 pack of normal seeds. get at me if you have any info on this subject . and only first hand info, none of that "well my homie of a homie told me this...." fuck that shit haha but get at me peps

+reps to Attitude Seed bank and Nirvana as well. Both good companies so far

+reps to Attitude Seed bank and Nirvana as well. Both good companies so far

I've heard good things about both of these companies. BC bud depot and dr. greenthumb have both been reliable for me as well. Nirvana seems to have great prices though.

Back
Top Bottom