79 Xmas Bud IBL

Day 33. Doing pretty good #1 is going to need to be up potted real soon, hopefully warmer weather is coming soon. There are blossoms on my peach tree ready to open within the next couple days. And were getting a frost almost every single night.
DSC08507.JPG
DSC08508.JPG
DSC08509.JPG
DSC08510.JPG
DSC08511.JPG

Yikes, sounds like you might be waiting another week or 2 to get them outside. General rule of thumb in our parts is plant your veggie gardens on may long weekend. I think I'm waiting til then to get mine started. Brother in-law started his autos to get ready for the greenhouse, but no frost in there, just cool at night.

Yikes, sounds like you might be waiting another week or 2 to get them outside. General rule of thumb in our parts is plant your veggie gardens on may long weekend. I think I'm waiting til then to get mine started. Brother in-law started his autos to get ready for the greenhouse, but no frost in there, just cool at night.
Is it just me or do you also wish it was a little warmer climate up north? :)

Is it just me or do you also wish it was a little warmer climate up north? :)
More warm months would be nice, but our summers get hot enough as it is. Once that temp gets over 35c it's no fun at all

More warm months would be nice, but our summers get hot enough as it is. Once that temp gets over 35c it's no fun at all
Yeah i agree. I don't even think i would hate winter so much if it wasn't for having to drive to work in the dark in white out blizzards. I've had enough of not being able to see past the hood of my car due to the snow.

Day 35. I watered plant#1 and i topped plant #4 today. I've noticed now that the humidity is starting to rise in the house and the furnace is running a little bit less they are not burning through the water they have been given as fast. Well new things to learn, this will make my first non winter grow. heh all of my plants have been watered on different days now, this should be interesting to try and keep up with.
DSC08517.JPG
DSC08519.JPG
DSC08520.JPG
DSC08521.JPG
DSC08522.JPG

Looking good. Kind of looks like #3 might be ready for a drink today at some point, #4 still standing straight and perky.

All nice and healthy. Keep up the good work

Looking good. Kind of looks like #3 might be ready for a drink today at some point, #4 still standing straight and perky.

All nice and healthy. Keep up the good work
I was wondering my plants are getting about 18 hours of light in the tent right now. if i stuck one outside and it got 16 hours of light would that trigger it to flower and if so, would the days getting longer affect that?

Plants are looking great and getting bushy. I'm sure those 2 would appreciate the transplant. Are you putting the outdoor plant in the ground at some point or leaving it in a container?

I was wondering my plants are getting about 18 hours of light in the tent right now. if i stuck one outside and it got 16 hours of light would that trigger it to flower and if so, would the days getting longer affect that?
16 hours should not trigger flowering in the majority of strains, but there could be some genetics out there that might. I know there are strains that will flower in 14 hours of light because of where they originated, that's all they were naturally reduced to. I think you'd be fine.
Another option would be to supplement the extra 2 hours of light for now. Either hang a couple house bulbs above the plant for 2 hours or bring it back inside for light. Bringing it back inside could invite bugs in though to your other plants.

Plants are looking great and getting bushy. I'm sure those 2 would appreciate the transplant. Are you putting the outdoor plant in the ground at some point or leaving it in a container?

16 hours should not trigger flowering in the majority of strains, but there could be some genetics out there that might. I know there are strains that will flower in 14 hours of light because of where they originated, that's all they were naturally reduced to. I think you'd be fine.
Another option would be to supplement the extra 2 hours of light for now. Either hang a couple house bulbs above the plant for 2 hours or bring it back inside for light. Bringing it back inside could invite bugs in though to your other plants.
Hmm.. i think i'll take my chances with it outside rather than possibly bringing in aphids or whatever else. Im only going to keep one plant outside, so on the off chance that something happens it will only be one plant. even if it hermies thats ok im planning on breeding one female, assuming i get more than one that is. Since number four is the smallest i think it's going to be the one to go outside, seeing as it's not going to be able to compete with the others for light.

Seems like a good choice to not invite bugs inside. Aphids are the friggin worst! I've dealt with that before.

Plants are all looking great, I wouldn't be surprised if they all turn out female just judging by their stature and the way they are growing. With regulars I always found the males tended to be more lanky and have large spaces between nodes, but this isn't always the case.

Seems like a good choice to not invite bugs inside. Aphids are the friggin worst! I've dealt with that before.

Plants are all looking great, I wouldn't be surprised if they all turn out female just judging by their stature and the way they are growing. With regulars I always found the males tended to be more lanky and have large spaces between nodes, but this isn't always the case.
All four being female would be great! Although this is a dying breed, i would like to get some seeds for propagation. If i got seeds from them would you like some?

All four being female would be great! Although this is a dying breed, i would like to get some seeds for propagation. If i got seeds from them would you like some?
That's a very generous offer. I'm sure that could be arranged and I would do a grow journal of them here at some point.

If they did end up all being female you could always use the sts method on a female plant and create female pollen, then once collected you could pollinate branches or the whole plant. And as a bonus, you would end up with feminized seeds. I've never done it but seen some guys here doing it.

That's a very generous offer. I'm sure that could be arranged and I would do a grow journal of them here at some point.

If they did end up all being female you could always use the sts method on a female plant and create female pollen, then once collected you could pollinate branches or the whole plant. And as a bonus, you would end up with feminized seeds. I've never done it but seen some guys here doing it.
I think i know what your talking about. It's basically spraying them down with colloidal silver to make feminized seeds? Im not sure but i think thats what i read.

Back
Top Bottom