8000 Watts 6 Strains

thanks for checking in HERBS im proud of that piece of work only wish i could have put them outside the room but what do you do.would love to have u over for harvest but im gonna stick a pair of scissors in your hands cuz we'll be trimmimg :tokin:

no problem man, I'd be happy to help trim, just may need a smoke break in between colas

well i bought some green lites so i could work in room after lites out need to wipe out the cooltubes weekly to keep em clean, pain in the butt that job is !!!!!
took some pics in between heres the third dimension im happy with the LST on her lots 0 buds sites looks cool
tmpphpxTUj5B.jpg

heres a shot of 1 of the afgans she has 2 tops side by side this should be fun to watch !!
two_cola_afgan.jpg

heres her sister
tmpphpOGGzTD.jpg

this is the dairy queen the other LST plant her spread is 4 ft x 3ft
tmpphpZMefTU.jpg

the shiva skunk i think its just gonna b colas
tmpphpkbgwuE.jpg

dang guy,
and they thought i'd robbed a lighting store...wow....super envy here....now learn or grow on to get that thing flowering...wow, what a setup....is this somethng youve done before or are you going for a pilots license? that is hugh....congrats....you'll do just great....i bet the wife did have sticker shock...i know my hubby does....but im finally done buying for a while...eventually will upgrade the lights tho...need to get higher watt led's for summer as the heat stays down with them.. i like the hps in the winter tho...thats great....good on ya...L

Hey Fluoroman that is a massive setup.

If you are having high temps now your are really going to love summer. Either you will have to cease growing in the summer or add more BTUs. Your power meter must be spinning like a top already.

I have grown Big Bud before and I do not think they had an exaggerated stretch in flower. You are not feeding them any nitrogen are you? At any rare there at tricks to keep your canopy even that you can do during flower, like low stress training. If you need to keep your canopy even that may be necessary. I hope you got a good pheno of big bud to work with because not all of it is worthy of your setup. Now that you have a first class grow op you need first class genetics to go along with it. I have seen guys with the correct pheno of big bud that would rival the really expensive genetic out there, all Frosty and stuff. I am not familiar with your other genetics first hand. I do know I had one pheno of Big Bud that would have been a super keeper but my exwife killed it (Killed the whole crop in flower) when she was in an agry rage. That was the beginning of the end of that relationship.

Your plants look a little spindly and sparse. Is that from being in the veg chamber? Seems you need something out there to make them denser in veg so you have more buds in the finish. I am sure you will get them dialed in soon enough.

One thought of the flower cycle.... If you could divide the room in half from a lighing point of view while maintaining a common cooling environment you could half your heat load on the place by running alternate 12 hour lighting cycles. Not to mention running the lights at night will help with the heat too. That is going to be a major concern this summer for you,

Great grow and great thread. Hope you are having fun.

g dog,
excellent point about the lights, also the rates are cheaper in non peak hours...i run all mine at night....for 3 rooms, it only raised it about forty bucks...im happy with that, but i have leds and nothing like this going...L

oh, i hate when women do that, it gives us all a bad name....L
some of us, ok, very few of us, some are an exception, really love to grow...
but more all the time....:blunt:

That brings me to a point where I have to ask, what is the overall cost per month for energy consumption for a grow room of that caliber?

Christ your talking 48Kwh per day alone for the lights (on a 12/12 cycle) plus the fans and AC unit... do you have solar panels???

That brings me to a point where I have to ask, what is the overall cost per month for energy consumption for a grow room of that caliber?

Christ your talking 48Kwh per day alone for the lights (on a 12/12 cycle) plus the fans and AC unit... do you have solar panels???

He is using 8kw for lights, and less than 1kw for fans and AC. What are you talking about? And as far as solar panels are concerned, if you only knew anything at all about them you would not even mention them. They are not in any way cost effective or even practical if they were. Each solar cell generates 3/4 of a volt. You have to link thousands in series and parallel to even get 120v and that is DC. After that you have to invert them to AC and inverters do not do well with inductive loads (i.e. ballast) because of the squarish wave pattern of the output. In order to even use solar panels you have to have a huge battery bank system to charge, which is lead and acid, as you know. I have helped people put solar panels on their cabin in the mountains. One about 3 foot x 4 foot was 60 watts maximum under ideal conditions and cost a couple hundred dollars for the panel alone. Deep cycle batteries are not cheap. Inverters are getting cheaper, but the cheaper ones have the cheapest wave pattern output (square) and that equates to wasted energy in an inductive load like a motor. I remember trying to watch a TV in a cabin run from a cheap inverter and the motor of the VCR made all kinds of amplified noise. The picture quality was bad too.

Sorry for my rant... but people talk about solar panels as though they are the second coming or something.

thank you all for stopping by had quite the scare today.
the dogs started barking this morning i went outside to check and a guy was walking away from my Elec meter w/clipboard in hand gets in car w/ E plate on it and leaves, couple hours later im at hospital w/ wife when son calls, the guy came back with another fellow and again are looking at my meter then start banging on the doors.so on way home from hosp.son calls again they cut the power off......this aint good.......i called an MMJ lawyer and started asking questions like mad,he calmed me down prepared me with what to say when i got here.......
i get home the guys are gone and i got a NEW METER put on my house
so i take a walk around the block and notice that several other people in my neighborhood also got the new meters today not everyone just a few of us.........:trance:
so that was our day how was yours ?????????????????
ill post my bill up after the first im curious also as to how much this puppy cost to run

Wow Fluoroman, you were freaking ME out just reading this. I hate high power loads and heat signatures with a passion. I grow with CFLs now and will until I am 100% sure I can grow with HIDs without any legal problems at all.

You Can calculate Exactly what your power bill will be.

Add up all your loads.... All the lights, AC and Fans. Many times the watts of something is estimated on the box, but if you look at all the paperwork you will see the true wattage. Add up all those loads. Determine how often they are running. So if you are running (lets say) 9kw, 12 hours a day you are running 108kwh (108 kw hours per day). So if you look at your bill you will see how much you are being charged per kilowatt hour. If it is 9 cents (you have to look at your bill, I have no idea what it will be) you multiply .09x108= $9.72 per day. Multiply that by how many days in the month, say 30 and you have $9.72x30= $291.60. If you are only running that for two months than you are looking at almost $600 for power to flower your ladies. That don't even count on how much you spend to veg them.

But that is not it... Many power companies add surcharges for exceeding certain amounts per month or surcharges for use during PEAK periods in the day. You may be able to get a cost break by running them at night, and that will give you a break on the cooling too.

That is a hell of a lot of wattage you are using. I am sure the payoff could be high, but Man, there is no getting around the spike in your power bill. If you in an area where they look at that kind of thing you may invite another visit from a meter reader and then a FLIR (Foward Looking Infrared Recording). Cops can do that without a warrant. A lot of times a meter reader can get a reward for breaking up an illegal grow op. I have just read that on the internet, so I have no first hand information.

I think it is great if you are supplying a legal dispensary or something, but getting rich from weed illegally will mess up your life like there is no tomorrow.

Well G-Dog... apparently my math was wrong... you are right that the lights alone would be double what I mentioned earlier and I was not thinking clearly do to some good smoke of course. As far as the solar panels, it was meant to say holy shit his bill will be high, not necessarily to literally ask if he had em. But thanks for the rant anyway.

LET ME STATE THAT THIS IS A LEGAL GROW IM BELOW THE NUMBER OF PLANTS IM ALLOWED.I GROW FOR 3 patients they are allowed 6 mature plants each for a total of 18 in flower im doing 9 flowering and 9 vegging {once a plant is over 1 ft tall it is considered to be flowering }this is not a money motivated grow op.each patient is allowed 24 dried oz's so thats 4.5 pounds the extra if any is donated to a dispenery for a reimbusement towards my cost of running this beast.i have a friend in the same city who runs 6000 watts, intakes, scubbers....etc......lights run about 300 month we have some of the cheapest power in the state here.
just wanted to make it clear im LEGAL i just freaked a lil bit today nobody wants to test those waters.
lets get back to growing some good meds what do ya say !!!!!!!! :tokin:

?
...Maybe they came to replace your meter with a smart meter...saw the high usage and the flunky got worried he might be shutting down someones grow when he disrupted service for the meter swap, and the fallout over a lost legal medical crop, so he got a supervisor and they knocked on the door to warn you about the temporary interruption.
?

Sorry Fluoro. You mentioned that you freaked out about the visit and I freaked too.

I know a man in the Bay Area, Cali, and he is 100% legal and is having a hell of a time from a bust. They took everything and put him out of business. He had to be bonded out, etc. He was transporting a large amount to His dispensary.

Your numbers and laws sound like what we have where I live. I know guys that have some Giant outdoor stuff going on here and they do not have a worry in the world... well maybe getting ripped off, but no legal worries.

I am sorry, but your story just freaked me out. So many people are still fighting this war and following the letter of the law.

Or... they just gave them to their best customers... the growers... LMAO!
It looks like I'm here early enough in the party to enjoy it...
Cheers and regards fluroman!

so i take a walk around the block and notice that several other people in my neighborhood also got the new meters today not everyone just a few of us.........:trance:

captain K,
welcome there is still seating available up front.
snowbender,
i belive thats what they did thanks for stopping by, have a chair lets see how this grow turns out !!!!!
today was day 14 of flower the room smells yummy the bigbud id trying to hit the ceiling the thing wont stop growing like thats a bad thing !!!!!
i have to rethink my room and how to raise the lights wont b easy this i know.
G-dog,
all is good brother i love Frisco was there 2 times this summer !!!!!
hope ur friend is all right.

the best was at HD when i went to get drip pans for the 25 gallon buckets
the guy showed me where the pans were for hot water heaters and grabbed me 1 then i grabbed 8 more.
he said most people only buy 1, i told him i had a very large house he just walked away shaking his head...lol yeah i know you had to be there but it was funny
That's one :rofl:
the proper term is had hella bank.......lol
wife didnt speak me to me for 3 hrs when i showed her the receipt from hydro shop.
That's two, and I'm just on the first page of an epic. +rep

Lavender,
thank you for the kind words i feel more comfortable running this setup during the day while im awake yes it cost a lil more but its kinda noisey in the middle of the night and i have close neighbors so we do what we gotta do.
Woodsman thanks for stopping by hope you enjoy the show !!!!!
Propa Gator,
im glad you can see the humor in all of this cuz its kinda funny.
everytime i've been back to HD the old guy just turns and walks away from me.

the old guy just turns and walks away from me.
You want to see him get all huffy? Tell him for true what you're doing. :tokin:
I made that mistake 30 yrs ago. Took me 10 yrs to pull up my trou, and try again.
She laughed, and walked away. Lime to amend soil in Arizona? Duh

Back
Top Bottom