A Grouchier Grow - LED 3Wx100 - Hempy - 9 Plants - 3 Strains - Lucas - Mainline

You say I can just do 100% coco and the plants will do good? How often are you watering just coco?

Like I said, I have mine in 100% coco now and they're doing great. The water retention of coco is amazing. The plants are about 3 weeks old in their vegetative state, And I've only had to water once every 6 days. I have my plants in about 2.5 gallon containers and because the plants are so small, they don't drink too much water. Now when they get a little older and their branches get to be the size of 2 or 3 pencils, then watering will be changed to about once every 2 or 3 days. There isn't any definite answers though with growing so I'll say there are a few factors with how much they drink. Pot size, growing medium composition, air circulation, temperature, Humidity, rate of evaporation, age of plants, and the health of your plants.

Thanks for the welcoming too ! I'm actually still over seas doing one last tour & just finishing up this last year and when I get home I'm done! Which leads me to maybe lean towards packaging up the wifey & kids and moving to a legal state once I return home. Sad thing is tho many employers still scrutinize with drug policies even tho its legal in the state. Read a court case about a guy in Colorado who used medicinally, failed a random and the fired him. He sued and the employer won the case because it's their lawful "federal" right to enforce mo tolerance drug use! So really having to look into route I'm going once leaving the military due to "laws" and company's policies.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that some companies have to comply with federal law over state law because a lot do business with the Federal government. If I were you, I wouldn't move anywhere for MJ quite yet. There are a lot of states considering legalization in the coming elections.

On another note, just got me a tent in the mail to the house as well! So now I'll know my Sq ft so I can get the right light, it's 2'7"x2'7"x5'3"! So I'm looking at around 9 Sq ft x 40watt. 360 watts needed correct ? Leads me to the question for the P300 or a mars reflector(just using P300 as reference) it pulls 180 watts. So is that actually watts or just electricity used? So pretty much what is the actual wattage put out of the P300?

GOOD QUESTION! That tent size is perfect for just 1 of either the P300 or Reflector. I'm sure you could fit 2 lights inside that tent if you choose but 1 will definitely work great! The power that the light pulls from the wall is what you want to look for. The 180 watts is what it actually pulls from the wall. This is the number I use to base my number of plants to throw under them. The goal for most growers is to hit the 1 gram per watt objective. My last grow, My light was pulling about 180 watts. I harvested 163 grams. That means I had a ratio of...
0.9 gram / 1 watt
I was happy but I think I can get above 1GPW on this grow... hopefully....

1st off thanks for the quick response! So P300 gives 180 watts. Now is that only with the veg button on or do both buttons have to be on to achieve/pull the full 180? Pretty much what I'm asking is if the led is either only in veg or bloom is it only putting out 90 watts? If so that'd be entirely to low correct?

I'm really leaning towards the coco coir now thanks to your influence for my first grow, then go to a dwc.

But as far as moving goes, I've read that now oregon, alaska, washington, Colorado and DC now have recreational use legal. So that's good news, just still going to have to be on a look out for civilian jobs that do not random drug test after initial drug test for hiring ! Weather it be in those 4 states or any other one, regardless I'll always use stealthy and no one know of use or growing.

1st off thanks for the quick response! So P300 gives 180 watts. Now is that only with the veg button on or do both buttons have to be on to achieve/pull the full 180? Pretty much what I'm asking is if the led is either only in veg or bloom is it only putting out 90 watts? If so that'd be entirely to low correct?

I'm really leaning towards the coco coir now thanks to your influence for my first grow, then go to a dwc.

But as far as moving goes, I've read that now oregon, alaska, washington, Colorado and DC now have recreational use legal. So that's good news, just still going to have to be on a look out for civilian jobs that do not random drug test after initial drug test for hiring ! Weather it be in those 4 states or any other one, regardless I'll always use stealthy and no one know of use or growing.

Just the veg switch puts out about 90 watts, and with both switches on, it uses about 180 watts. 90 watts will be plenty for a 2'7"x2'7" for veg

Ok I'll keep the led vs hid difference in mind. Is there ever a time you run your P300 with both veg & bloom on? To get the full spectrum I have read so much about, or strictly use veg switch for veg stage and bloom switch for flower stage?

Chettej,
I run my p300 with both switches on in the bloom cycle.
The only time I run just one switch is in the veg cycle.
Hope that helps.:thanks:

Ok I'll keep the led vs hid difference in mind. Is there ever a time you run your P300 with both veg & bloom on? To get the full spectrum I have read so much about, or strictly use veg switch for veg stage and bloom switch for flower stage?

What stage said.

During bloom, all lights should always be on. During veg, you can choose to use just the veg switch, which is what I do to save power/money, or you can use both switches during veg as some believe they get better growth.

You're welcome brother! That's what we're here for! And I am by no means an expert so don't take anything I say as professional advice. Lol I guess that's my disclaimer :laugh: but I have learned a lot from :420: it's rediculous.

Incoming pictures of my new MARS REFLECTER! Tent comes in tomorrow but I have a picture update coming as well this evening!

UPDATE:

HEY EVERYBODY! I cleaned up the girls and make them all purty! I guess it's incorrect to call them girls seeing how we don't know yet. I'll just get to the pics and let them to the talking.

This was before I redid their tie-downs.
before26.jpg

This was after I redid the tie-downs. I think this way makes it easiest for me. I say for me because different ways work for different people.
after25.jpg

And here is the 2 lights together! I'm glad I got a tent too because that filter is really starting to get in the way. I just hope the roof poles of the Apollo grow tent are strong enough to support the fan, filter, and 2 lights. Does anyone have any input on that subject?
growspace1.jpg

Nirvana Mystery
This plant has one arm shorter than the other. This may result in uneven colas but that's fine. It's not that big of a difference so I'm not sweating it too much. It has great form otherwise.
far_left.jpg

Hindu Kush
This baby is probably my favorite. Id say almost no problems. I put the aluminum tape on them to give them extra support while I train them. I'd say its not necessary but has always worked for me for mending plant wounds and for making a branch nice and rigid to bend it or train it in some way. As I said in an earlier post, when the plant branch grows, the tape simply breaks. It is super sticky so it stays on the branch but the glue adhesive on it never dries and it rips really easy. I love the stuff personally.
front_left2.jpg

Nirvana Mystery
This is one I broke early on in the plants life while training it and it is officially fully recovered and doing great! Once again, that tape worked perfect and allowed me to finish the training while it still had a broken branch.
front_right2.jpg

Nirvana Mystery
This one is doing okay. still waiting to do the second top but its okay otherwise. I think by now you've noticed I like to take off the growth tips of the lower nodes but leave some of the fan leaves. I sometimes remove the fan leaves too but I don't think it affects the growth too much. Maybe I'm wrong but I'll have to do some experimenting sometime.
back_right1.jpg

Northern Lights Femenized
Here is my numero uno! She is truly a "She" since she is feminized. I also broke a branch while attempting to manipulate the branch sideways. I barely touched it I felt like, but I guess that's why its important not to choose a stalky, burly plant with fat branches while mainlining. It obviously can be done, and with great success I might add, but I'd prefer to have an easy time training to minimize the risk of damage.
back_left2.jpg

both_lights_profile.jpg

I got to say... When I first purchased the Reflector, I knew there would be some quality difference between the Reflector and P300, but wow. Plastic, Plastic, Plastic. That's one problem. The other is the LED bulbs are directly exposed. The P300 has a glass cover between the plants and the diodes. Now, I realized this may degrade the light and reduce light intensity but it has that cheap, knockoff feeling to it. Not to mention there is NO indicator whether mine is a 3w or 5w panel. There is so much conflicting information as to what the lights are meant to be sold as (3w diodes or 5w diodes). On amazon, it states they are 3 watts and if you scroll further down, it says 5 watt. It also does this on their website. I'd really like for them to clarify this. Now that all being said, If this light produces good yields, it will be awesome! The price is what makes it so popular and feasible. I've also heard they have good customer service but on the flip side, I've heard of service problems. More positives than negatives though so I'm satisfied with my purchase and for the reason I did purchase it.
1.5 thumbs up!
closeup_mars.jpg

I know of someone who is running the Apollo 4x4. Had a 6"x16" Phresh filter, Blockbuster 6" hood, Can Fan Pro series 6" fan and a 2' T5 setup hanging in there with no problems.

UPDATE:

I got my tent! It measures actually 47" rather than 48". Not a problem for me but say you have a 48" T5... you're not gonna be a happy camper. The tent is really damn nice though. No light leaks, Strong metal pole frame with metal joints, heavy duty zipper with back zipper flaps for light proofing, and my favorite color, purple! Kidding of course about the color. I really don't care what color the darn thing is but it is great quality. I have a lot of weight running from the top... more so than I'd like, but it seems to be holding up for now. I'll tell you one thing. Hanging stuff from the roof of the tent is no easy task by yourself. I was struggling holding up stuff and trying to secure it. They're not heavy but its just awkward.

ONWARD TO THE PICTURES!

I had tough time fitting everything up top. My filter is just too damn big. But it will last I suppose and there's no resistance.
41397.jpg

31801.jpg

20150930_005457763_iOS.jpg

So, here is the guy that lost his/her arm. I was going to do a small SCRoG attachment to the bucket but decided to stay on track with the mainlining and just try to restart creating that manifold. It should technically be the same as topping at the third node like it was originally intended to do.
20150930_005221235_iOS.jpg

UPDATE:

I got my tent! It measures actually 47" rather than 48". Not a problem for me but say you have a 48" T5... you're not gonna be a happy camper. The tent is really damn nice though. No light leaks, Strong metal pole frame with metal joints, heavy duty zipper with back zipper flaps for light proofing, and my favorite color, purple! Kidding of course about the color. I really don't care what color the darn thing is but it is great quality. I have a lot of weight running from the top... more so than I'd like, but it seems to be holding up for now. I'll tell you one thing. Hanging stuff from the roof of the tent is no easy task by yourself. I was struggling holding up stuff and trying to secure it. They're not heavy but its just awkward.

ONWARD TO THE PICTURES!

I had tough time fitting everything up top. My filter is just too damn big. But it will last I suppose and there's no resistance.
41397.jpg

31801.jpg

20150930_005457763_iOS.jpg

So, here is the guy that lost his/her arm. I was going to do a small SCRoG attachment to the bucket but decided to stay on track with the mainlining and just try to restart creating that manifold. It should technically be the same as topping at the third node like it was originally intended to do.
20150930_005221235_iOS.jpg
Awesome set up you got man, I have the same brand tent but it's the 3x3x7 does yours have the two side zippers to open the left and right side? I love thst about the Apollo tent I have. Although I don't use my carbon filter (my neighbors are always smoking and we have alot of skunks in my area. Smell is not an issue ) I have an extremely heavy duty 400whps and a heavy duty 6 inch ducting fan probably weighs 30 or 40 lbs together and my tent is holding up fine. I even store stuff on top of it, bubble dome when not in use, watering spout, drying net when not in use. I'm sure your lights don't weigh too much. I also read your earlier comments on the blue dream. One of my favorite strains definitely and I would highly recommend it to any sativa loving growers for their collection. Good luck with everything

Dang grouchy! Looking freaking awesome! This tent is 4x4x7? Loving the setup tho! I was wondering what is the side ductworkfor ? I see the top coming put from the fan for ventilation our of the tent thru the filter and fan, but what is the duct work coming out of the side for?

Looks like he's pulling cool air from outside with it that's all.

Awesome set up you got man, I have the same brand tent but it's the 3x3x7 does yours have the two side zippers to open the left and right side? I love that about the Apollo tent I have. Although I don't use my carbon filter (my neighbors are always smoking and we have a lot of skunks in my area. Smell is not an issue ) I have an extremely heavy duty 400whps and a heavy duty 6 inch ducting fan probably weighs 30 or 40 lbs together and my tent is holding up fine. I even store stuff on top of it, bubble dome when not in use, watering spout, drying net when not in use. I'm sure your lights don't weigh too much. I also read your earlier comments on the blue dream. One of my favorite strains definitely and I would highly recommend it to any sativa loving growers for their collection. Good luck with everything

Thanks, DoubleVision!
The 3x3x7 is something I was considering but I wanted my tent to sit against my wall and take as little room up as possible so I opted with the 2x4x5. Mine doesn't have those side zippers you're talking about and the reason I think they did that was because the 3x3 tent like yours has a more depth to it so it would be harder to maintain the plants in the back without better more access (hence the side zippers). I would love to not use a carbon filter but I have a lot of company come over that don't know about my "green" situation. My neighbors are a bunch of seniors and are dime droppers, not dime smokers.
Here are my weights. Honestly, if I had to add more weight, I'd come up with a better way to hang it all because it seems like quite a bit of weight to me. But, I don't know the gauge of steel, quality of it, or composition of metal so I can't say for sure.
Now on to the blue dream... I think I'll definitely be growing at least one plant of the blue dream in my next journal. Maybe an auto...
Anyway thanks man! Hopefully this grow gets real exciting towards flowering!

Dang grouchy! Looking freaking awesome! This tent is 4x4x7? Loving the setup tho! I was wondering what is the side duct work for? I see the top coming put from the fan for ventilation our of the tent thru the filter and fan, but what is the duct work coming out of the side for?

Hey, Chettej!
No, my tent is 4 feet wide, 5 feet tall, and 2 feet in depth. Thanks though! I appreciate it! Those things are surprisingly simple to setup. 2 people would be preferred but my wife was at work and I'm impatient :laughtwo:.
The reason I have just a piece of ducting there that looks like a dead, silver anaconda, is because that is the passive intake. I have it long to act as a "light trap" so when it's time to flower, the tent is 100% lightproof and we don't get ourselves some hermies from light stress. There doesn't need to be a fan pulling air INTO the tent. As long as there is a fan pulling air OUT of the tent, then the negative pressure of the tent will suck air into the grow space. You'll know if you have negative pressure in the grow space (assuming it doesn't have hard walls) if the walls are being sucked in.
Clear as mud? :;):

Back
Top Bottom