A Grouchier Grow - LED 3Wx100 - Hempy - 9 Plants - 3 Strains - Lucas - Mainline

UPDATE:

Hey everyone! Sorry my updates are so long in between. I've been busy with school, kids, and work! You guys know how it is.

anyway!

I've done the final topping! for most anyway... there is I think still one plant that needs a final topping but for the most part, it will be vegging time! Hopefully nodes stay close together during their stretch!

I've also come across a problem.

One of the branches was supposed to make the initial 4 never grew in. There is pictures below. It only grew a small little leaf. This is the result of not waiting long enough to top and assuming the prior nodes will grow. You'll be able to see what I mean below.

I love how you can see the difference in strains from the leaves.

_________________________________________________________________________________
I wanted to post these pictures to show how easy it is to use the test dropper kit for PH testing.
First get your water you want to test (with or without your nutrients in it).
Then drop 3-5 drops in it of the solution.
Shake it gentle until it mixes than match it up!
IMG_46116.JPG

This is my water before testing it. Its about a 7 as is most peoples. I then add 4 drops of the pH solution
IMG_46137.JPG

IMG_46158.JPG

IMG_46169.JPG
IMG_46184.JPG
IMG_46106.JPG

IMG_46065.JPG
IMG_46046.JPG
IMG_46016.JPG
IMG_45995.JPG
IMG_45937.JPG
IMG_45916.JPG

I also have a slight leaf twisting as you can see in some pictures. I've been feeding at about 75% strength (at least for the last week) but I'm going to drop it back to 50%. I knew 75% was too much but figured I'd push the limits to see what they could handle.

also, Can anyone tell me what this is?
IMG_46075.JPG
IMG_46087.JPG

coming along well it appears! looks like you've been giving these ladies some tough love -- it's amazing how resilient mj plants are...

dude, your manifolds are very horizontal; did you put the torpedo level on them or something! the pictures on my walls aren't even that level ;)

no comment on the discolouration as I haven't run into that before (in my whole 3 months experience).

can't wait to see them start filling in now that you're done topping.

coming along well it appears! looks like you've been giving these ladies some tough love -- it's amazing how resilient mj plants are...

dude, your manifolds are very horizontal; did you put the torpedo level on them or something! the pictures on my walls aren't even that level ;)

no comment on the discolouration as I haven't run into that before (in my whole 3 months experience).

can't wait to see them start filling in now that you're done topping.

Man, they sure are resilient! I've tortured these [potential] girls so much but that's why I like the mainline method. The first few weeks are harsh as far as training but after you get the training out of the way, you just watch 'em grow! The only thing ill be doing now is ill put a tomato cage on each of them and bring each of the 8 colas inside the tomato ring as support (as Nugbuckets has done).

@Torpedo level: hahaha! Thanks! I didn't think they'd turn out so straight but one thing I'd do differently, when I top the very first time, I'll leave a little 'wiener' where I cut the stem. My manifolds get little splits in them from the trunk growth but they're so small that they heal within a day or so. Nothing drastic that will affect the growth but just an observation.

Plants look good grouchy. I'm anxious to see how the grow takes off now that topping is done and what other techniques you use for the rest of the grow. Hopefully someone with some more knowledge than me can get on here and let you know something about the discoloration of your girls :(

Hey thanks camo! I'm excited to see the growth as well! Ya know I'm pretty sure that leaf problem/discoloration is a mutation. The leaves on one side of the manifold look contorted and mutated. The leaves are irregular and I don't believe a nutrient problem could cause that. But like you said, hopefully someone comes along and either confirms what I just said or can give me an answer.

The plants are doing good! Nothing too major to report. I'm really hoping they will be done before the end of the year but honestly, I don't see that happening. Still, they're coming along nicely. Not all the toppings happened with symmetrical nodes because the nodes seemed to grow staggered a lot. So the colas may not turn out completely even. It in the event they do, then that's good to know. If it doesn't make a huge difference, then I won't have to be so picky with the selection of nodes next time.
image923.jpeg

Your probably right about mutation grouchy. Sense you keep up with the nutes and haven't really changed anything. I'm curious to see how much more this yields since it's 5 plants and 2 leds, compared to 2 plants and a led! With the training and with your precious training, cause I'd be totally happy with your yield from a grouchy grow! What are you thinking bout this time ? 1/2 pound ?

Your probably right about mutation grouchy. Sense you keep up with the nutes and haven't really changed anything. I'm curious to see how much more this yields since it's 5 plants and 2 leds, compared to 2 plants and a led! With the training and with your precious training, cause I'd be totally happy with your yield from a grouchy grow! What are you thinking bout this time ? 1/2 pound ?

Thanks camo! Well my last grow goal was 1 gram per watt (1 gpw). I was pulling about 180 watts and I pulled 163.17 grams. This time around, I have twice the lighting and more than twice the plants. This time around, I'm hoping for more than 1 gpw. My goal is 400 grams which is just shy 50 grams of one pound.

Here's the tomato cages. I have to get 2 more though.
image927.jpeg

PICTURE UPDATE!

So today I split the main trunk right in the middle. Once again, id recommend leaving a little bit of stem after topping. It seems to give it a lot more support to the manifold. Fortunately, it was a nice, clean break so I threw some aluminum tape on it and it should be good in a couple days. Ive done this about 3 other times this grow and followed up with the same aluminum tape repair and there has been little to no slowed growth from it. I fed them again today at 50% strength. My last feeding was a flush with FloraKleen because I was getting "The Claw" also knows as nitrogen toxicity. A few days after the flush, and almost every leaf was absent of the Nitrogen Toxicity.
This is why I always go with the phrase, "When in doubt, flush it out." It seems to work with almost every nutrient problem having to do with toxicity or has for me at least.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMG_46846.JPG

IMG_46858.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMG_46885.JPG

IMG_46895.JPG

IMG_46904.JPG

IMG_46913.JPG

IMG_46932.JPG

IMG_46943.JPG

IMG_46953.JPG

IMG_46974.JPG

You my friend are an artist. Beautiful training. :goodjob:

You my friend are an artist. Beautiful training. :goodjob:

Haha! Thanks brother man!
If I am an "artist," it's because all you awesome fellas helping me along the way! It's amazing how people who don't even know eachother help one another to the extent that they do. Thanks again stage. I appreciate it.:Namaste:

Looking good grouch, hopefully the plant still yields good even with the splits! They look good with all those main tops!

Thanks camo. The split won't effect yield. It will be healed in a couple days time and I'll remove the tape and give ya a look to see the scarring. My concern is the potential males. I'll be flipping to flower by the end of the month and I'm hoping there are mostly females. If 3 are males, each remaining plant will have its own light so I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I got faith that they'll be girls grouch! But if not WOW that'll be plenty of light for each plant and will make the yields great on a individual level at least. Sounds great about the pics after the healing, thanks in advance for that knowledge!

Hey I sent you a pm grouch, if you will get back to me on it whenever you get a chance. Much appreciation brother!

Hey Grouchy, have you had any issues with N deficiency using the Lucas Formula?
I'm having a few issues with that myself and wondering if you had come across the same and if so, what you did to combat it? I've tried adding more Flora Micro to the mix to up the N but doesn't seem to be effective. Any thoughts?

PICTURE UPDATE!

So today I split the main trunk right in the middle. Once again, id recommend leaving a little bit of stem after topping. It seems to give it a lot more support to the manifold. Fortunately, it was a nice, clean break so I threw some aluminum tape on it and it should be good in a couple days. Ive done this about 3 other times this grow and followed up with the same aluminum tape repair and there has been little to no slowed growth from it. I fed them again today at 50% strength. My last feeding was a flush with FloraKleen because I was getting "The Claw" also knows as nitrogen toxicity. A few days after the flush, and almost every leaf was absent of the Nitrogen Toxicity.
This is why I always go with the phrase, "When in doubt, flush it out." It seems to work with almost every nutrient problem having to do with toxicity or has for me at least.
IMG_46846.JPG

IMG_46858.JPG

IMG_46885.JPG

IMG_46895.JPG

IMG_46904.JPG

IMG_46913.JPG

IMG_46932.JPG

IMG_46943.JPG

IMG_46953.JPG

IMG_46974.JPG

Pretty cool, Iv never seen anyone do this kind of training "mainlining" I am very interested to see the outcome of this. Keep up the good work grouch!:goodjob:

I got faith that they'll be girls grouch! But if not WOW that'll be plenty of light for each plant and will make the yields great on a individual level at least. Sounds great about the pics after the healing, thanks in advance for that knowledge!

Hey I sent you a pm grouch, if you will get back to me on it whenever you get a chance. Much appreciation brother!

hey, maybe try sending it again. I didn't get any message. but thanks camo! yeah 1 light per plant would be not bad lol

Hey Grouchy, have you had any issues with N deficiency using the Lucas Formula?
I'm having a few issues with that myself and wondering if you had come across the same and if so, what you did to combat it? I've tried adding more Flora Micro to the mix to up the N but doesn't seem to be effective. Any thoughts?

Hey, 11:55pm! Get it? :laugh: ....... Sorry, I'm high.

I've not had any problems thus far with the Lucas formula. But then again, I'm using FloraNova Bloom for my Lucas Formula. You're using the Flora Series for Lucas formula correct?

As far as your N deficiency problem, I just posted something about N deficiency on someone else's grow. I'll copy and paste it.

Now I don't know if you know much about nitrogen but I'm going to tell you anyway LOL. If you know then just disregard and maybe someone else can pick it up and learn. Nitrogen is a mobile nutrient. This means that the nitrogen inside the plant will go where it's needed. The new growth needs the most nitrogen because it's newly developing. So all the nitrogen the plant takes up goes to the top of the plant. This makes the lower leaves yellow because the new growth is stealing the nitrogen from the bottom of the plant. You also have to remember that the leaves that are yellow now will not turn back green. Leaves don't really recover. After they start to be damaged, the plant will recognize them as fatally injured. The plant will not repair them so don't ever watch the yellow leaves for improvement. Instead, remember all the leaves that are damaged now, or mark them somehow, and see if any new leaves are becoming yellow. If new leaves are not turning yellow, then you should be good. Have you flushed at all? If I ever encounter ANY problem, I always flush once with FloraKleen so all the buildup of nutrients doesn't make my plant all wacky. Gives me a new slate to work with in regards to fertilizers.

During flower, the plant will require a lot less nitrogen than when it was in veg. If you have too much nitrogen in flower, it will make for some bad smoke. You shouldn't have a Nitrogen toxicity though since you are suffering the opposite problem at the moment.

What nutes are you using right now? Flora Series right? You might want to try some MaxiBloom. It's a one-part, powder formula (The Lucas Formula to be exact) that you can use at the same dosage throughout the entire grow. Its a fairly popular selection for people who don't want to deal with bad companies, complicated nute programs, or just want to simplify their feeding. The best part about this nutrient is that its literally one of the cheapest nutrients out there. That does not mean its a crappy product though. Its awesome in my opinion. $14 I think for a GIANT bag that should last a few grows.

So what I would start with is a good flush, preferably with FloraKleen or similar product that will break up the salts.

I hope this helped some. I know you probably know some of what I said but maybe it will help someone else.
Thanks again man for stopping by! I'm watchin your grow too! :thumb:

Pretty cool, Iv never seen anyone do this kind of training "mainlining" I am very interested to see the outcome of this. Keep up the good work grouch!:goodjob:

Thanks DV! I appreciate ya!

Back
Top Bottom