AK47 Serious Seeds - First Grow - CFL - Soil

There are actually only 3 plants in the box :) ha ha but between them there are about 25 - 30 colas :thumb:

:peace:

Haha, sorry i knew that.. a lot of the time i can't keep track of my own stuff. lol I like all the details in your journal. You've been doing lots of research, have you looked into leds? I have been reading a bit and you can customize your UV and IR and everything else it seems. Its just hard to lay down the coin till your a believer... Look forward to the bud shots!

AK-47 report: can't believe these things topped them a while back, there less then 12" tall i think and the main stock is pushin 1/2 inch.:peace:

Haha, sorry i knew that.. a lot of the time i can't keep track of my own stuff. lol I like all the details in your journal. You've been doing lots of research, have you looked into leds? I have been reading a bit and you can customize your UV and IR and everything else it seems. Its just hard to lay down the coin till your a believer... Look forward to the bud shots!

AK-47 report: can't believe these things topped them a while back, there less then 12" tall i think and the main stock is pushin 1/2 inch.:peace:

Thanks Greenhouse250, I try to make the journal as informative as possible or at least have this journal consist of what I like to see in others journals :)

I haven't actually looked in to LEDs properly mainly due to the cost ha ha but I definitely think they warrant investigation even if it is only for supplementary lighting :)

Wow I'm so happy that they are growing so vigorously for you :)
Keep up the good work :thumb:

UPDATE:

DAY 28 OF FLOWER,
WEEK 4 ( 25 - 35 DAYS REMAINING )

Pictures as promised :)

Below: Ms. Sativa beefing up :) look at those Trichomes ha ha

11644.JPG

21245.JPG

31122.JPG

4772.JPG

5594.JPG

6500.JPG

7449.JPG

8351.JPG

9262.JPG

10240.JPG

13182.JPG

Below: Ms. Purple , you can see a lot of her Calcium deficient leaves :(

11645.JPG

12245.JPG

14161.JPG

15143.JPG

16141.JPG

17137.JPG

18127.JPG

19121.JPG

Below: Underneath the canopy, nice and open :)

2087.JPG

Below: I just had to bump these forward :)

21244.JPG

31099.JPG

Hope you all enjoyed this one :thumb:

Re: AK47 Serious Seeds, First Grow, CFL, Soil

Hello i'm a new member and i'm wondering what SCROG, LST, and SOG means i see them
in some of the grow conversations and don't know what it means. Can you please help?

hi,
scrog is screen of green, its basically growing the plants under a screen then when you flip them to flower you let the buds grow through the screen, what it does is gives an even canopy over the whole plant and increases yield. you can either use a metal scrog or a net scrog and you veg the plant under it then flip to flower then when it starts flower it grows through the net and the net supports the buds and makes them nice and big as everything is getting all the light, anything below the screen is cut off as it wont get any light

lst= low stress training, this is basically tying bits of string round the plant and you then train the plant to grow sideways, this then gets all the growth at the nodes growing up towards the light giving you many top buds instead of just the main stem.

sog= sea of green, this is when you grow a high number of plants in a small space, usually 12-12 from seed or clone, a sea of green would be something like a 2ltr pop bottle as the pot and you then grow a load of these in a small space, you get less yield per plant but as you can get a whole lot of plants in their it means you get a big yield over all, so if you only got 20g per plant 12-12 from seed, then a sea of green would be 10 or 20 of these in the same room, so then you have 10 x 20g which gives you 200g, and as its 12-12 from seed it means you get 200g every 8 weeks, so sea of green is many plants in a small space, most are grown so they only have 1 bud, all side branches are clipped, this is called lolly popping, you basically cut any side branches bigger than an inch and a half in length and you then just keep the main stem so you only end up with 1 big bud, but many of these gives you a big yield,

hope that helps, give me a shout if you have any more questions

Hey ajagunle :)

Sweet :) I'm glad that information was helpful and you caught it just in time ha ha any pet shop should stock UVB lights, they are for reptile terrariums.

I would advise you to get the strongest one you can but make sure that the bulb is NOT an incandescent UVB bulb as these are for producing heat along with the UVB and you dont want that ha ha Make sure you get a CFL version, they dont produce any heat and are perfect for the job, the strongest one that i know of is made by Exo-Terra and it is a 23w 10.0 CFL.

Make sure that you move the bulb around from day to day as you don't want your plants to get sunburned :thedoubletake: ha ha

Oh and DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE LIGHT its bad for your eyes :) ha ha

Here is a really interesting Video about Cannabis and UVB I think everybody should find this quite informative :)

[video=youtube;lfiI78uN3Ks]
[/video]

:thumb:

Thanks for this!! I'll do a lil' more studying.

K

Re: AK47 Serious Seeds, First Grow, CFL, Soil

Hello i'm a new member and i'm wondering what SCROG, LST, and SOG means i see them
in some of the grow conversations and don't know what it means. Can you please help?

Hello jride129

SCROG is a Screen of Green, it is where you put a screen over the top of your plants or like chicken wire and weave all the tops through each of the holes to fill the screen with tops so that when you switch to flower you will have an even canopy of buds, the grower Tesmp has a great example :)

LST is Low Stress Training, this it where you can tie the tops of your plant so that they are bent over, this causes your plant to produce more branches which you can also begin to train and tie over, this will make your plant bushy rather than stretching tall. If you look back through this journal you can see how this process was done to these plants :)

SOG is a Sea of Green, this is where you have lots of small plants rather than a few large ones, the goal is to create an even Sea of little plants all just producing one large bud each :)

I hope this helped answer your question :)

Hi greenfingers,
I'm a new grower and wondering- what signs if any does my girls give me if my tent is to full, and if i need to take some of them out?

thank you...

Hi greenfingers,
I'm a new grower and wondering- what signs if any does my girls give me if my tent is to full, and if i need to take some of them out?

thank you...

Usually you would know if it was too crowded if plants are growing into one another or if there are lots of dark spots or if tops are pressed up against each other, each top would need some space around it to allow for air movement usually a plant per square foot is a good measurement but that all depends on how long you let them Veg for.

If you see my plants, any more tops in that space would be considered overcrowded, at the moment they are comfortable.

Do you have a picture that you could post of the plants ? It would make it much easier to make a judgement by actually seeing it :)

How large is your grow area and how many plants do you have ?

UPDATE:

DAY 30 OF FLOWER
( 23 - 33 DAYS REMAINING )

Everything seems to be looking good so far :) unfortunately some irreversible damage was caused to Ms. Purple due to the Calcium Lockout / Deficiency which is disappointing as it will most certainly affect her yields as it looks as if her growth was a little stunted but all the burned leaves are only at the very tops of the colas and the damage does not seem to have progressed since I upped her PH to 7.0 so time will tell if she starts to swell :)

In contrast, Ms Sativa is fattening up daily :) she had a slight Magnesium issue indicated by the way her leaves were canoeing but I added a tablespoon of epsom salts to her feed so hopefully that problem should disappear.

I have also ordered some Cal-Mag as a future precaution :)

Well that's all the news that I can think of for today ha ha If anyone has any questions or anything Please feel free to ask.

Picture time :)

Below: Ms. Purple, Her Calcium deficient leaves are very noticeable on the colas but all of her other growth looks good :)

p130.JPG

p226.JPG

p317.JPG

p411.JPG

Below: Ms. Sativa, She is getting so Fat :)

s120.JPG

s220.JPG

s36.JPG

s46.JPG

s53.JPG

s64.JPG

Hope you all enjoyed this one :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom