AKGramma Grows Autos: Current

Old Med User has just started an interesting thread about making meds. Some great input on differing methods at his journal

:nomo:

Miss Harley withered and died. Another failed reveg!

One of the two JH AF's I planted has emerged from the soil, the same one who had a big root in the paper towel. It is tempting to start a couple more, but I know the grow unit will be too crowded a couple months down the line. Better to train two good pants to their potential.

Well ...... the more vigorous of the two seeds broke soil 3 days after planting and is resting with just one pari of new leaves, while its roots system develops. Still waiting for the other one to show. I'm trying to resist the impulse to go digging for it to see if it's still alive.

Still no sign of seed #2. So I have the single Jock Horror Auto Fem left. I can train her to fill the tent early on, then let her do her thing. I will pollinate one stem with Afghani in order to get some JH seeds.

Still no sign of seed #2. So I have the single Jock Horror Auto Fem left. I can train her to fill the tent early on, then let her do her thing. I will pollinate one stem with Afghani in order to get some JH seeds.

Interesting. Will this retain the auto qualities in the seeds? Or will they potentially be diluted and lose the autoflower trait?

Interesting. Will this retain the auto qualities in the seeds? Or will they potentially be diluted and lose the autoflower trait?

Any non-auto I cross it with (I don't have any male auto or Ruderalis pollen) will cut the probability of auto offspring at least 50%, probably 25%, since the pure Afghani pollen is from a photo-period. I'd have to do a second cross of the offspring, and then another cross between two auto phenos to have any hope of producing auto seeds of both sexes. It would be much easier for me to buy auto seeds. If memory serves, one of our sponsors has both male and female auto seeds.

I just have a small shelving unit in the corner of my bedroom.

I am more interested in propagating the Jock Horror strain than the auto.

If by chance I am gifted autos with both sexes, I'd be up to breeding them. But even two Autos will give rise to the Mendelian spread of 25% auto-photo, 50% auto-auto, and 25% photo-photo. And probably variations in between. Genetics is not an exact science!

Any non-auto I cross it with (I don't have any male auto or Ruderalis pollen) will cut the probability of auto offspring at least 50%, probably 25%, since the pure Afghani pollen is from a photo-period. I'd have to do a second cross of the offspring, and then another cross between two auto phenos to have any hope of producing auto seeds of both sexes. It would be much easier for me to buy auto seeds. If memory serves, one of our sponsors has both male and female auto seeds.

I just have a small shelving unit in the corner of my bedroom.

I am more interested in propagating the Jock Horror strain than the auto.

If by chance I am gifted autos with both sexes, I'd be up to breeding them. But even two Autos will give rise to the Mendelian spread of 25% auto-photo, 50% auto-auto, and 25% photo-photo. And probably variations in between. Genetics is not an exact science!

Yeah, genetics are tricky. Best of luck to you! I'll be watching if you don't mind. :)

Yeah, genetics are tricky. Best of luck to you! I'll be watching if you don't mind. :)

You are most welcome! I'm no expert, and I grow cheap. Even my MARS 300's I got for less than $80 each on Amazon. Before that I used CFL's, and still do for auxiliary lighting down lower.

And I use garden-variety nutes, because they are cheaper. Miracle Grow has a great all-purpose liquid vegetable fertilizer with many minerals in it. (not just the main 3)

MG's bloom formula is also much less $ than the brands advertised "for cannabis". A pet peeve of mine is being charged 3 times as much just for the brand and getting a bottle that has to be mixed with yet another bottle to get the full-spectrum I get with MG.

My last grows all ended up with some seeds, some "pure" strains and some crossed with another strain. Most was intentional, with some unintentional slop-over. :rofl:

I have a lot of seeds with .... strange .... ancestry!

You are most welcome! I'm no expert, and I grow cheap. Even my MARS 300's I got for less than $80 each on Amazon. Before that I used CFL's, and still do for auxiliary lighting down lower.

And I use garden-variety nutes, because they are cheaper. Miracle Grow has a great all-purpose liquid vegetable fertilizer with many minerals in it. (not just the main 3)

MG's bloom formula is also much less $ than the brands advertised "for cannabis". A pet peeve of mine is being charged 3 times as much just for the brand and getting a bottle that has to be mixed with yet another bottle to get the full-spectrum I get with MG.

My last grows all ended up with some seeds, some "pure" strains and some crossed with another strain. Most was intentional, with some unintentional slop-over. :rofl:

I have a lot of seeds with .... strange .... ancestry!

Nothing wrong with saving money if you're end results are what you're looking for! And I find that strange, usually isn't bad!

As far as I know, the autoflowering trait is recessive and, therefore, crossing two autoflowers will produce more of the same.

As far as I know, the autoflowering trait is recessive and, therefore, crossing two autoflowers will produce more of the same.

I did have an Polar Express Auto Fem grow like a photo, and I had to force her under 12/12 to get her to flower. No way to know if it was a misplaced seed at the grower's or it was a rare genetic mix. She got crossed with one of my male White Castles. I have NO idea what the offspring would be ike, if I ever popped the seeds.

I'm naming my last surviving Jock Horror Auto Fem "Eve" because she is going to be the mother of all my JHxAfg seeds. She is finally showing progress growing her top half. Her first true leaves are growing bigger, and the second pair have emerged.

I raised the paired CFLs up 6 inches, so she doesn't grow into them overnight. I haven't turned on the overhead LEDS yet, because the CFLS give out all the light she needs at this stage.

I still have a stock of 23 W CFLs, and wonder, when they run out, what their equivalence in LED bulbs would be for lighting the babies. I want to keep using the double-socket clip ons after the CFLs all die. They are easy to move around, and clip just about anywhere.

Any ideas?

I see Sweet Sue is catching up on my journal. Thank you, Sue! Although my growing activity has scaled down, my next grow MUST be another Harley grow for buds and meds. I need to up my cannabis intake to counteract the ravages of getting old.

Going to stick with cooking herbs and capsules, and make sure taking them becomes a daily habit.

The little LEDs in the house lighting market are new to me, but they sure are tempting, aren’t they? Why not ask Icemud, if he’s still active? He’d be able to give you reliable guidance on what to look for.

Mind if I stroll through now and again? Sorry the revegging died. They can be tricky. I killed my singular attempt to date with too much light too early in the game. The most successful ones I’ve watched have been set off to the side and ignored.

And good luck with the JH seeding project. I haven’t seen Ziggy around for over a year now, so that may be the last seed available. I seem to recall him telling me he’d grown them all out.

Last, but not least, thanks for the reminder that peanut butter and cannabis are a dynamite mix.

Oh yeah.... nice seed bank you have there neighbor. :high-five:

Looking at the thousand or so seeds I have, I REALLY need to reduce my stock. No way am I ever going to grow all those out in a small grow unit in the corner of my bedroom!

I see Sweet Sue is catching up on my journal. Thank you, Sue! Although my growing activity has scaled down, my next grow MUST be another Harley grow for buds and meds. I need to up my cannabis intake to counteract the ravages of getting old.

Going to stick with cooking herbs and capsules, and make sure taking them becomes a daily habit.

Since I started my roaming stage of existence :laughtwo: I’ve been off any regulated regimen, and it’s beginning to show. I was reminding myself that edibles do me best, and I have none on hand at the moment.

Although I enjoy my soaring adventures it’s a relief to get back home where I actually scale back. Lol! I’ve been looking for ways to consistently input raw bud, and I’ve started carrying a small tin of ground cob to chew through the day.

I appreciated your thoughts on how spoiled we are with metered medications. We keep trying to do that with cannabis, and it feels to me like we’re chasing our tail. Cannabis doesn’t play by the same cautionary rules pharma drugs demand.

Back
Top Bottom