AKGramma Grows Autos: Current

Bet he's not addicted to the smell of white vinegar ;) .

Do I have to apply it to the plants, or will a dish of white vinegar set in each pot do?

I'd just start spraying Mr. I. B. Kitty. with a diluted (50%?) white vinegar solution whenever you catch him in forbidden territory. Then, after you've caught him a time or three, try spraying the area(s) you want him to avoid. For the latter half of this operation, you can dilute the vinegar more so as to not make your entire home smell like you've just cleaned your coffee pot; cats have dandy senses of smell, and hate vinegar.

It's just an annoyance thing. It doesn't actually harm a cat.

Remember to plant catnip in a separate location. That might also help and, if not, you can go wreck his plant in retaliation ;) .

I'd just start spraying Mr. I. B. Kitty. with a diluted (50%?) white vinegar solution whenever you catch him in forbidden territory. Then, after you've caught him a time or three, try spraying the area(s) you want him to avoid. For the latter half of this operation, you can dilute the vinegar more so as to not make your entire home smell like you've just cleaned your coffee pot; cats have dandy senses of smell, and hate vinegar.

It's just an annoyance thing. It doesn't actually harm a cat.

Remember to plant catnip in a separate location. That might also help and, if not, you can go wreck his plant in retaliation ;) .

Merlin KNOWS he's not allowed in the grow units. He waits till I'm busy at the PC then does his deed. When I remember to put the barriers back in place and clip them to the the framework, he can't get in.

I would rather just place little dishes of wht vinegar in each bin, if it's just the smell that keeps him away.

It's the smell, associated with the process of locking vinegar off his fur. You might be successful without first catching him in the act of doing something (that you can then squirt him as punishment for). But I wouldn't count on it, especially if he is not still young.

BtW,I never tried setting containers out. I just used a spray bottle. The diluted vinegar is barely noticeable (to H. sapiens), and quickly fades beyond that.

Well, I did it. I moved the 5 gallon bin with the ATF-AFG offspring into the main grow with the Autos, and turned off the lights in the auxiliary grow unit. I'm storing the bins without plants (but filled with soil) in the abandoned unit, to keep them bug-free.

That 5 gallon bin with damp soil is HEAVY for a 71 year old woman! It won't get moved again till harvest. ;-)

I'm considering retiring the other journal, as it started off with the wrong information, and I don't have the time or energy to run two concurrent journals.

Request put in using the REPORT tool. I am incorporating the ATF-AFG journal into this one, even tho this title is about Autos. Once the autos are harvested and jarred, I'll close THIS one out, and start a new journal.

My siggy is updated.

I saved the posts from the other journal into a Word doc to be used later, as some of them were very informative.

TY to the Admins for moving my ATF-AFG journal to abandoned!

I will try to remember to take some pics. The ATF-AFG's are growing rapididly. Now I gotta sleep off the cannapeanut Budder I ate.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was wondering if you ever slept, lol.

I sleep best after 2 TBs of canna peanut budder. I wasted 8 or so hours sleeping it off when I partook too early in the day. I KNOW better!

I have yet to be all perky and energized from cannabis. But I didnt suffer from any arthritic pains! :laughtwo:

Here are pics of the tenants of the main grow unit.

Alaska Thunderfuck x Afghani in 5 gallon bin. These seeds overwintered outside and sprouted while still quite cold. I brought them in a 1 week and treated the soil with diluted neem. After being isolated for a month, I put the bin into the main grow unit with the Autoberries.

These are the three Autoberries I planted mid April. 6 weeks + 4 days from seed.

I turned on the second MARS 300 panel, so the pics will all appear pink, unless I remember to turn them off before taking the shots.

They are finally showing some real growth after their first feeding of nutes.

:popcorn:

More pics!

This is the 5-gallon bin I had outside. Note how vigorous the stems are from the cross with a male Afghani. Off color is due to the Mars 300 panels. But there is a definite reddish color to the leaves even at lights out.

These plants are 12 inches tall now. They have been pinched back once. I might have to do one more to control the height.

A closeup of the ATFxAFG leaves.

The Autoberry ladies. The front rt is not recovering very well from being eaten by Merlin the cat.

Update of entire grow. Looks like the seeds produced last year beat out the Autoberry seeds I bought a couple years ago.

The afghani male really put vigor into to ATFxAFG cross! My guess is the Ruderalis in the ABFs are keeping them short. The 12' ABF in the rt. front finally recovered from being eaten by the cat, but she is only about 12" tall.

It's good to see that you're still gardening.

Are you growing anything (non-cannabis) just for the cat, lol?

Mine got out and got chewed on pretty good by a dog or something, but she seems like she'll be fine (assuming whatever she tangled with didn't have rabies).

It's good to see that you're still gardening.

Are you growing anything (non-cannabis) just for the cat, lol?

Mine got out and got chewed on pretty good by a dog or something, but she seems like she'll be fine (assuming whatever she tangled with didn't have rabies).

Nope, Merlin gets the store-bought catnip. I have the grow completely blocked off, so he can't get in there. However, the tallest plant could stand having a few bottom leaves eaten off. LOL!

Sorry about the mouse-catcher. Maybe he'll not be so anxious to go outside again?

BTW, the leaves of the ATFxAFG are giving off a lovely subtle scent. No sign of gender, tho, but I expect them to show before the ABFs. That is opposite of what I expected.

Drive-by

Could be a good thing they haven't showed sex yet,,, generally, males show sex first?

GL Gal... Keepem Green

Drive-by

Could be a good thing they haven't showed sex yet,,, generally, males show sex first?

GL Gal... Keepem Green

In my experience they do, but the ATFxAFG are only 4 wks old, compared with the Autoberrys. The 5 gallon bin has 4 plants, so I have to inspect them carefully for any sign of males. I dont want to grow seeds this time, so the males will be recycled as cooking herbs.

Sorry about the mouse-catcher.

It happens. This one hasn't caught any mice since I adopted it - but over the past two days, has depopulated a nest of robbins that weren't quite old enough to fly.

Maybe he'll not be so anxious to go outside again?

It's a she, although I don't suppose it matters much after we have them surgically mutilated. Well, until we bring another one into the same space, at least. Then it might have some affect on the amount of breakage that ensues.

I thought that would be the case, at least for a while (she has a limp for now). But I didn't have enough wood to completely patch the glass that the SOB who broke in busted, leaving a gap that's basically only the size of her head - and I went out yesterday afternoon to get the newspaper and the little shit was on the sidewalk out front before I made it from the back of the house to the front (she must have gone 'round the other side, because she didn't run past me).

Not much I can do until I can walk to the nearest lumberyard and buy some wood. If she gets torn up really bad, I hope whatever does it has the courtesy to finish her off, because she's not going to a vet - meaning that if it's a choice of surgery or going in a hole in the back yard, I'll just have to grab one of the firearms. And that'd be a round that would be better expended on a thief.

but I expect them to show before the ABFs. That is opposite of what I expected.

:hmmmm:

Today I switched the grow to 12/12 to force the Autoberrys to flower. The ATFxAFG are twice the size of the ABs but half their age. Getting tired of the unbearable heat spell we're having, and the grow is not helping matters any. So I'm forcing the whole unit to flower.

Back
Top Bottom