AKGramma Grows Autos: Current

Marking today on calendar as the day I pollinated a few lower buds of "Eve" with Afghani pollen. I don't expect a LOT of seeds, as the flowers are very small. I expect the offspring to be medium in height, closer to the mother than the father, but with sturdier stems, like the Afghani.

:nomo:

After reading numerous spec on Jock Horror Auto Fem, I am convinced that "Eve" is NOT a JH! She looks nothing like the pics and has no orange hairs at all. her growth, as you saw on the pics, is open, with Sativa leaves, and her buds are spaced far apart, not bunched up in colas. She is also much shorter than the 2 - 3 feet the JH auto Fems are supposed to be. Her flowers are pure white, with long pistils.

All I can be sure of is that she is an Auto and she is heavily Sativa.

So, she's a mystery sativa.

I usually grow for a purpose, whether it be to supply the family, or to serve as my meds (as edibles), or to produce seeds. it appears that the family would rather buy from the many shops.

So, I need to do a grow for me: The second generation of Harlequin and Harleghani. I don't have any stock that is low in THC and high in CBD. Just seeds.

You notice how I keep changing my mind what to grow next? I have to have a reason to put up with all the work, the space the grow unit takes up, for the high electric bills, and the cost of nutes and amendments.

But I have plenty of time to make a firm decision. The Autoberrys are only 11 days old. So at least 4 months to go on this grow.

You got the rare sativa phenotype, lol? Blast her with light-energy, perhaps those flower sites will end up running together into large buds by harvest time.

So, I need to do a grow for me

And congratulations on that! I hope it ends up being more of an enjoyment than a task. It's (past) time that you get to devote that energy (and work) to YOU. It always saddens me when I see, hear about, or even read about the elderly dancing to their children's (etc.) tune. A friend of mine is about 80. She still spends one day each week cleaning her daughter's disaster house (and for free!). Her daughter (and family) doesn't have the time. Yeah, I guess not :rolleyes: - flying to Rome for ten days, spending a couple weeks in the Western USA, back to Europe because they missed Paris the year before last... probably doesn't leave all that many days free to wash your stinky laundry and mop the floors.

Maybe her daughter should learn to budget her time like her mother does? She had time to nurse her husband - who is several years older than she is - through a second stroke, move her aunt (yeah, that one is really old ;) ) into her home for almost three months so she could take care of her after the woman suffered some kind of ill, answer approximately 15,000,000 "Mom, if you're not doing anything, can you go to the store for me?" requests, make large, elaborate, and very tasty (I received a care package of leftovers for one of them that kept me full to the point of lethargy for a week, lol) Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday meals for her extended family...

I think she's looking a bit tired these days, though. I joked(?) that she needed a full-time helper (because I knew that if I had, instead, said that she needed to take a shovel handle and thump on 86% of her family members a few times, that she wouldn't understand - or, worse, that she would, and I hate to see old ladies cry). Her response? "That sounds lovely. But we have to try and get by on Social Security, and it seems like every month we get a little farther behind."

The things we do to our elders, IDK, it just seems... IDK. Maybe it was my upbringing.

Er... [/RANT]

The runt Autoberry withered and died. She never got past the cotyledon stage. The other three are sporting several true leaves, and seem like they have gotten a second wind. Three out of 8 seeds. :rip:

Looks like my Auto harvest is going to be small!

progress report.

Looks like one Autoberry is stronger than the rest.

"Eve" at 12 weeks from seed. I don't see much difference, except looking a bit fuller.

:popcorn:

Looking over the last 4 pics of "Eve" I now see the difference. Since the last pic, the buds have gotten larger. No stretching, as I expected. Must be heavy on the Ruderalis genes. (What makes it Auto, but also a lot shorter than the photo version of JH).

:yummy:

I rearranged the empty pots and bins on my back deck, and saw a bunch of cannibus seedlings in one bin. That very well could be one of the Harley bins from the last grow. They must have fallen of the mother before I harvested. It wintered over very well, and the seeds survived! Pretty amazing for a Zone 3-4 grow climate and a hard freeze!

No, we can't grow outdoors here. Laws say we have to keep our grows hidden from public view. The law also takes into account that around here, thieves will steal ANYTHING.

I'll have to debug them and bring them in when they start showing their distinctive leaves, OR, I could put a visual barrier around the bin and veg them outdoors. The last crop was fairly short, and I would expect these to be the same..... unless they are Afghnai-Harleghani offspring, then height might be an issue. I produced two strains of seed last grow: HAR x HAR and AFG x HAR.

Something to keep my interest. I'll document them in another journal. Now, if I can remember how to set up another Journal and hyperlink the new addition in my siggy. I hadn't planned on two grows going at once, due to space constraints, but I do have the equipment to set up a corner somewhere for the flowering stage.

New hyperlink in my siggy now!

:slide:

Sorry took me so long,,, but as I see Miss Sue beat me to it..

But I'm happy to see you up and growing. Now I'll do a drive-thru now and then to peek at pics....... GL in the gardens.

Yea I thought for a clean vid that was pretty fun... Tho I do know afew not so clean ones that are funny as hell..

But glad it got a laff or two.

Keepem Green

After reading numerous spec on Jock Horror Auto Fem, I am convinced that "Eve" is NOT a JH! She looks nothing like the pics and has no orange hairs at all. her growth, as you saw on the pics, is open, with Sativa leaves, and her buds are spaced far apart, not bunched up in colas. She is also much shorter than the 2 - 3 feet the JH auto Fems are supposed to be. Her flowers are pure white, with long pistils.

All I can be sure of is that she is an Auto and she is heavily Sativa.

So, she's a mystery sativa.

Again, I looked back on my gallery and found the harvested buds from the previous Jock Horror grow. The pic is dated Feb 26, 2019. The same very white pistils of "Eve". So I guess I DO have an odd phenotype, TS!

compare with the previous JH AF harvest:

Looks the same to me! :slide:

Having a rather large Gallery to refer to has its benefits, for sure!

12- 1/2 weeks from seed: Eve is starting to show trics. Just a dusting, nothing spectacular yet. I saw a seed already, but not where I tried to pollinate. Must have been some stray pollen off the brush. I forgot to turn the fan off when I did this.

I hope Eve matures quickly from here on out. I need the space.
:rolleyes:

I think the ABF up front and right is ready for her first pinch. With Autos, we have to do this early, while it's still forming leaves and branches. Too late into veg and the stems wont fill out enough to support the buds, or the yield will be compromised.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. ;-)

A couple days ago I made a canna-stew from canned and frozen veggies and a can of Shredded Chicken breast and two heaping TBS of ground cannabis. I've been eating on it for a couple days now.

Since then I added some diced fresh zucchini and the grease from a cooked hamburger.

Today, I froze the rest of it with added cannabis, and will eat it when I'm in the mood to be put down for the night. (when I've had a tough day handling the joint pain). No tomatoes to cut the cannabis taste, but I might toss in a can of stewed Italian-style tomatoes when I thaw it next time. Even canned, the tartness of the tomatoes covers the taste of the herb.

:yummy:

My concurrent grow is going to be renamed AKGramma's ATF-AFG Offspring Grow because I finally identified the mystery seedling, from the pot they are growing in. it is larger and has no handles, so it is the 5 gallon trash bin I used for ONE grow this time last year. And so the seedlings are ATFxAFG offspring.

After talking with a fellow grower, I came up with an interesting Idea. Since I have Harley pollen, I could dust one of my autoberries with it to produce sweeter-tasting Harley buds and leaves for medicine. It might sweeten up the herb for edibles, too.

So I'll produce my ABHarley seeds in this grow and grow them out with (possibly) the pure Harleys. I have GOT to get a full Harley grow in somehow! I know the cross will change the CDB:THC ration of 5:1, but it is just for me, until I've tried it out and feel free to share with friends and family.

:nomo:

Eve's pistils are starting to shrivel, and I saw a few amber pistils here and there. I spotted one seed up top, but did not look under the canopy. She is 13 weeks old from seed, as of today, and remains about 12 inches tall.

The front right Autoberry (shown in post #108) has taken off since I took out her apical bud. Of the three, she is the most vigorous, more like an Auto should be.

Back
Top Bottom