AKGramma's Perpetual Grow

I'm going to convert a low and wide 10 - 15 gallon storage bin to a planter, for anything but an auto (which requires a deep pot). I have grown in 3 - 5 gallon storage bins before to save head room. There will be enough room for tying down and spreading her out.

9 days after the switch, the males are showing themselves. The only two strains I want to breed, assuming one of each is female are the ATF and the Afghani. I don't need any males from my own seedstock, the AK Durban Castle 47. So as soon as I am sure, which are the males, they will be recycled for cooking herbs. I dry the leaves and pods, and discard the stems and petioles. They seem to get more potent as they cure. :yummy:

I find that I can get stoned just from a couple pinches of herb in my stews, soups, and scrambled eggs, so that method of dosing is fine for me. So are the tinctures, although I'm not fond of the alcohol taste. But both products are easy to make, with no chance of blowing something up.

No sign of lady hairs yet.

Looks like this grow is going to be just a seeding project. I have tentatively Identified, simply from growth pattern in veg, only two females. Usually, before the lady parts start showing, the growing tips form rosettes of leaves. I'm not seeing this yet on any of them (I'm down to 6).

The plants I have positively identified as males are lanky, with no real definition at the tips, other than the clusters that will become male pods. The emerging pods also show up farther down, with few leaves, which is a positive early sign that they are male.

I know from past grows that these pods can bolt and open flowers overnight, so I check every morning first thing. I will have to bag the (supposed) mating pairs together in clear plastic trash bags to prevent cross-breeding.

I've terminated one AKDC47 male and the bedraggled Purple Kush clone that will never produce anything. The PK's leaves were so bad that there was nothing to save for herbs. This was a multi-generational (years) clone that had lost all its vigor and was always an unhealthy plant.

There is only one of the AKCD47's that even slightly resembles female growth. I will terminate the others, as they aren't going to produce much in the way of buds, even if they turn out to be female. I'm not very happy with the lanky AKCD47 offspring. They would do much better outdoors, but we can't do outdoors very well here in AK, unless one has a private country piece of property with a greenhouse, or a basement or garage. I have none of these. So I grow in shelving units in my bedroom. Not much room to experiment with phenotypes.

So, I will post what I have left after today's purge.

correction:

Not able to sex the companion of the ATF male in the same pot yet. But they are bagged together, to keep the pollen where I want it. Same deal with a mated pair of Afghani. I terminated the other male today.

I see flowers on one AKDurbanCastle47. Widely spaced. maybe a dozen on the whole plant. Not sure about the other one in the corner. I will give that one another few days.

So that leaves me with 5 plants to finish out this grow., 2 breeding pairs (I hope)

Thank you for the positive thoughts! I only had 2 or 3 seeds each of the ATF and Afghani. That is why I gave up a good bud crop in favor of getting more seeds. I WILL get a few buds off the home-bred AKDC47, offspring of the last breeding. Plenty of seeds in the fridge for that strain.

I'm trying real hard to keep the ATF and Afghani pollen off those. It's been awhile since I had a good yield.

Your next grow you can concentrate on yield rather than seeds.

Yep. I'm finally going to grow that monster mother I have been dreaming about for 3 years! One lucky seed is going to get all the best treatment I can give it! :cheer:

I used a 10 gallon this run and I'm convinced it makes a difference.

I know it will. There wont be any competition for room either below the soil or above.

Just a quick update.

Pic of the two AKDC47 ladies on day 20 since the switch. Coming along nicely, and since the two breeding pairs are covered in bags, I expect these to be sensimilla.

So you dont have to look back, the acronym means AK47 x Durban Poison, crossed with male White Castle.

Back
Top Bottom