Alaskan Thunderfuck SOG With 315W CMH

Dude you gotta give em a few weeks to figure out what the hell is going on. They are going to look like crap when you re veg a clone. They will have spots, dying leaves, slow to no growth for weeks and other things that will make you think you should just ditch em. Hold steady and just know they won't be pretty for a while......but when it happens, you will know. You will blink and the shoot that didn't grow for 3 weeks will grow an inch or more in a day and then shoots will pop out of everywhere.

Dude you gotta give em a few weeks to figure out what the hell is going on. They are going to look like crap when you re veg a clone. They will have spots, dying leaves, slow to no growth for weeks and other things that will make you think you should just ditch em. Hold steady and just know they won't be pretty for a while......but when it happens, you will know. You will blink and the shoot that didn't grow for 3 weeks will grow an inch or more in a day and then shoots will pop out of everywhere.
I've reveg'd clones before, but I've never had them look like they were on death's door in the process lol

Lol...most all of my reveg plants look like they should be trash. I look at this one I have right now and everyday I think why do u even keep that ugly thing. Cause I know what's gonna happen.....eventually.....maybe.....possibly.....i hope? I will give mine 4 more weeks.

Lol...most all of my reveg plants look like they should be trash. I look at this one I have right now and everyday I think why do u even keep that ugly thing. Cause I know what's gonna happen.....eventually.....maybe.....possibly.....i hope? I will give mine 4 more weeks.
Yeah I wonder though at what point it becomes not worth it to wait any more. I mean I could reveg a couple of them for mother plants and start some ATF next run, and plant some other stuff, faster flowering stuff, and have a harvest a month sooner by the sounds of it.

Yeah I wonder though at what point it becomes not worth it to wait any more. I mean I could reveg a couple of them for mother plants and start some ATF next run, and plant some other stuff, faster flowering stuff, and have a harvest a month sooner by the sounds of it.
Definitely something to consider. I have enough going on that I just throw it in the background and when its ready to play I will move her into the rotation.

I think they will be worth it in the long run. You should have a completely full tent in a month and a half....:popcorn:

Afternoon mr.Ferts herniated discs are no fun, I've had 3 ops in the last 4 years and lived with it for 8 years prior.... It sucks badly.....

I hope your cuts all pull through for you....
Yeah I'm supposed to be doing physical therapy but this summer was way too hot for that crap lol

Definitely something to consider. I have enough going on that I just throw it in the background and when its ready to play I will move her into the rotation.

I think they will be worth it in the long run. You should have a completely full tent in a month and a half....:popcorn:
Lol yeah the other part of this is that I was attempting SOG and keep them in a 3x3 footprint but I had the same feeling that they would blow up the tent. Might be worth it just to see it lol

I will probably wait since I have an outdoor harvest approaching rapidly. Should tide me over for a couple months at least. I basically started consuming 2x as much since the gf moved in though so I am not sure how long it will last with us lol

You will completely fill up every inch of that 3x3 with those monster cropped ATFs brother. They will just need a little patience. I am excited to see it!
Yeah same here, excited to see how it does indoor, hoping it's just as vigorous.

I'm excited to see these buds on my outdoor ATF start developing more too. They're taking some interesting colors with this cold.

I think I am starting to notice a little growth on a few of the ones up front, but it's hard to tell if I'm just imagining it. There's one in the back row though that doesn't look so good, I am thinking about replacing it with one of the ones from the solo cups. My main concern is just that the other ones will be healthier and outgrow it so it will just be a plant that's leaving a gap in the SOG.

Not really sure how much more time I should give it to judge, but if I start seeing the ones in the solo cups growing faster than the ones in the backrow, I'll probably swap them out.

Pretty sure I'm seeing some growth on a couple of these now, though not all just yet. There was one in the upper-right hand corner that I decided to replace with one of the plants in the solo cups, it just didn't seem like it would ever be of comparable size to the others.

The outdoor ATF is smelling wonderful. It's got a fruity scent to it that I can't really put my finger on, but also smells kind of like a mix between lilac and lavendar. The buds are starting to fill out a little more. Trying to get all of it in one shot is pretty hard.

The Bangi Haze is looking pretty good too. Apparently the spiders like it.

Lots of frost on that ATF Fert! Looking good. Really like the look of that Bangi Haze as well!

Whats your weather looking like out there?

Getting pretty chilly, got down to 37 a couple nights this week, though only for a few hours. Highs are somewhere in the 70s-80s range, still have a nice warm day every once in a while. Pretty low humidity, but that will probably change going into October. The fact it's already getting into the 30s concerns me.

I've been thinking about what to use for insulation like you were mentioning. I don't really know where to find clean straw. I don't want to bring an infestation off the straw onto my plants.

Thinking about just leaving the leaf litter from all those yellow and withered leaves drop and do the insulating.

Meanwhile a few of the clones are definitely showing growth. A few of the others seem like they're just going to take longer to reveg. Of the ones that are growing, they don't appear to be monster cropped, at least not with as much crazy branching as I've seen before.

I've only got one left in the solo cups that looks any good and I suppose I'll have to keep that one as my mother.

So I guess I'm not really going to have the even canopy of an SOG grow, but I'm really focusing on trying to confine them to this 3x3 space more than anything else. The CMH has such good light penetration that I'm not really worried about the canopy height being uneven. I used a light meter to map out the height with the best light distribution, and right in the 30-32" range is the sweet spot where every pot receives 6.5-7k foot-candles. Couldn't really deal with the hotspot in the middle, but it was much better distributed than at 20". With that in mind, once I see which ones are going to be growing faster than the others, I may move some of the weaker ones into the center so they might have a little bit more of a chance to catch up.

If I see good results, I might consider dropping down in tent size, but I'm not really sure. Even confining the plants to a 3x3 work space, I feel awfully cramped in there with only the foot of space around it. I imagine if I got a 3x3 tent and tried to fill it all up, it would just be an even bigger pain on my back.

Well, these ones that were starting to grow looked a little stretched out. It's hard to tell but the node spacing has doubled from what it was, so I lowered the light down to about 22". I still get decent distribution, but it doesn't look like the light intensity went up, so I don't know how much I should trust this light meter anyway. Most manufacturers recommend 20" for a 315 W CMH in a 3x3, so I'll just keep it at ~20" for now.

I think a couple of these must have been full of more flowering hormones than the others or something, some still aren't really growing. Meanwhile the ones that are, they're not really branching off a ton like I would have expected a reveg'd plant to do, so I wonder what will happen with those. I'm kind of guessing they'll just start growing in a couple of days. One of them looks like it's not growing quite as much, but then I noticed I cloned it with two tops on it going already, so it's working on growing two tops instead of one like the rest.

Stretchiness...

Then there was this one that wasn't growing much, but I think it was just working on two tops.

This one in the back corner though concerns me, it doesn't look like it's doing much...

Anyway I hope that they will all be growing soon. Maybe by next week, *crosses fingers*

I think it's clear which of these 3 should be the new mom... But I might just wait until these are grown a little and take fresh new cuts.

They're taking off pretty good now, and I think I got to the stretchiness in time. The one in back still doesn't seem like it's growing, I can't really tell, but I think it is Hard to tell...

Today...

Couple days ago

Ehhhhh maybe?

Anyway all the others have pretty obviously grown a lot in a couple days.

Meanwhile, these solo cup ones, there's clearly one healthier than the rest but the problem is I don't have enough dirt for a 3 gal pot to make a mother plant. I wonder if I should instead just take cuts off of these, buut I don't really want to have to sacrifice so many branches. I wonder if I put this one in a 1 gallon pot how much of a mother plant it would even make. Not sure it would really get big enough to make a suitable mother, and if it did then it would probably need water like every day.

So since things have kicked into gear, I might give it a week to make the new growth pictures really something to look at. Meanwhile I'm probably going to decide what to do with this little solo cup plant that I have left. Hopefully I can afford an extra bag of potting soil.

Also I decided since I yammer so much I need to make periodic updates with more abbreviated information so I can reference the information quickly and easily later on.

TIMELINE_REVIEW Day 33

~30 Days
8/31 - Clones Taken (Day 1)

9/15 - Clones planted in Solo Cups (Day 16)

9/20 - Clones transplanted into 3 gal pots (Day 21)

9/27 - Swapped clone in Pot #3 out with a different one

10/02 - Most clones established and growing (Day 33)
(This post)

Other abbreviates notes:
~200 ppm of FN Bloom and ArmorSi in cloning solution
~200 ppm of FN Bloom and ArmorSi during transplant to solo cups
Azos and Mykos sprinkled on roots during transfer to solo cups
Saturated pots with 6.5 pH plain water when transplant to 3gal pots
Mist 2x daily with water bottle through entire duration so far
Lowered light from ~30" to ~20" on 10/01 to abate stretching
Chronically low humidity
Temperature ranges fluctuating, generally low/high of 68/84, give or take a few degrees on either end

Back
Top Bottom