Alaskan Thunderfuck SOG With 315W CMH

Whats your forecast looking like for the next week or so?

30-40 lows for the next 10 days. Highs in the 65-70 range. I don't want to risk them molding from frost, but I don't want to miss out on more yield either.

Insane the difference between outside and inside

Looks fantastic
Yeah, these ones inside are growing insanely fast. Every day or so it seems like they're closer to the light.

Unfortunately maybe a little too close, I still see some leaf edges curling up. Gives me paranoia that it might be russets or something too but there's no other signs of infestation and I just gave them some neem the other day. Thinking it has more to do with the fact that they're so close to the light, especially since the leaves curing are the ones closest, and the ones further away are fine.

ATF is supposed to do very well with cooler temps but not sure about cooler and wet. Can you cover them at night? Keep that dew off them?
Well thankfully it hasn't been too wet. One thing I noticed looking your parental ATFs is that they had more of a indica looking structure to them than the ones I've seen. @Blew Hiller has a pretty sativa looking one like mine, I've been trying to keep track of how his is doing for comparison. Best I have for cover is a big blue tarp.

Speaking of Blew, I checked out the worm bins I had abandoned the other day. They started stinking real bad so I figured they went bad, and I've just been waiting until the dead of winter to empty them out. Just decided to take a gander the other day, and there were worms squiggling around all inside. I didn't dig too deep down to see if the stench was still there, but hey maybe this means I can salvage these afterall.

Busy couple of days, I harvested the outdoor ATF. I think it had about 50-60 days on it, not really sure since I'm not sure when it flowered. Was 50 since I took my clones, but since those were already a little ways along flowering, I'm guessing I didn't really get it too premature.

Stuff looks great! Just waiting for it to dry now.

Drying a little differently this time, hoping that if I leave the fan leaves on it will keep them from drying in 3 days. So far they seem okay, pretty much the end of the 2nd night and they're not really as dried out as they would normally be if I had removed the fan leaves.

Meanwhile, it's hard to call the clones "clones" anymore, they're pretty much fully fledged plants. I discovered that the light needs to be 18" away, because I noticed heat-stress signs going 18" down from the light a few days ago, and after raising the light up 16" above them, I'm only seeing any heat stress signs on the very top few leaves. So I'm guessing that I should probably be aiming for that originally 20-30" zone I had already figured out. Not sure why they got so stretchy then, I'm guessing the extreme night/day time temp difference.

Before light raise...

After

Temps were pretty high even pretty far down at the base of the soil...

Congrats on that harvest Fert! Nice frosty nugs brother!
Thanks man, finally getting to trimming them. It's five days and the stems are still bendy, so I'm trimming off the big fan leaves and putting them into paper bags. I don't want to risk mold, but I think I've been chronically over-drying my stuff, so trying to put these into the jars JUUUUUST before the stem snaps. I did the Jack Herer like that and everybody liked it.

...sparkly!...:thumb::high-five:...might have to do some SC'ing on those stretchers close to the light...been some talk about controlling stretch with temps over at Dugg's...latest in that thread from"Doc"...
Ideally, when controlling stretch, you want your day temps about 5 degrees higher than your night temps.

Once stretch is over, widen the gap to about 10 degrees.....but be warned. Many equatorial Sativas keep growing and growing.....

...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

...sparkly!...:thumb::high-five:...might have to do some SC'ing on those stretchers close to the light...been some talk about controlling stretch with temps over at Dugg's...latest in that thread from"Doc"...
Ideally, when controlling stretch, you want your day temps about 5 degrees higher than your night temps.

Once stretch is over, widen the gap to about 10 degrees.....but be warned. Many equatorial Sativas keep growing and growing.....

...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...
Yeah I've heard of that with the temperature before, but so far I haven't really been able to keep mine under 15 night/day. Stupid apartment is like a heat trap for some reason. I guess it will help in the winter lol

Yeah this strain doesn't grow like any I have before, it's crazy how it just keeps reaching up to the light. I'm waiting until I get some bamboo stakes to prop them up with and then I'll probably SC.

You didn't think this undertaking was going to be easy did you? Those girls are going to keep you on your feet!
Ha I kind of thought the short veg time would have helped keep them smaller for SOG style, but not really. They're doing what they wanna do.

Definitely gonna need to sc, I have a foot of light adjustment left. It's weird how much this plant enjoys being right near that HID. I guess CMH in an air cooled hood is cool enough to be right up close.

The temp differential has dropped at least. 70-79 and keeping 39%-50% RH. Kinda like they're changing the environment to their liking now that they're spreading out...

Oh gave them a very light feeding today...

1 tsp flora nova bloom
1 tsp armor sI
2 tsp ej oily cannot
3 tsp ej catalyst
3 tap labs

In 5 gallons

I staked them up today because I didn't think they were gonna really support much weight on this little stems on their own. I need to also tie the satellite branches a little closer in to the stalks, but I'm going to let them adjust to this first, maybe let them stretch a bit more so I'm not just redoing it in 5 days.

Plan is to supercrop them so they fall radially inward toward the center, and tie a spot below the crop to the stake so it doesn't make them topple over to one side. Would liked to have avoided any supercropping in flower, but at least it's early on.

These things are growing fast! I'm really surprised that they don't look very hungry, most of the stuff I've ran in Happy Frog would be a little yellow by now. That's why I gave it that really dilute nutrient mix, seems like a very light feeding strain.

Back
Top Bottom