Alaskan Thunderfuck SOG With 315W CMH

Yeah the ATF is a good yielder. When I bred it, the ATF #2 was the far better grower, but #1 out yielded it by 25%. Luckily I took clones from both of them and was able to use #1 for the yield in the genetics. Looks like it was a wise choice.

Yeah the ATF is a good yielder. When I bred it, the ATF #2 was the far better grower, but #1 out yielded it by 25%. Luckily I took clones from both of them and was able to use #1 for the yield in the genetics. Looks like it was a wise choice.
Good to know, I was wondering if I just got a magic cut or something. I had 4 of them out there, two of them didn't really make it, and 1 turned out male. So I thought I got kind of lucky with this one but couldn't really tell how much I could count on the others being much like it. I think I'm probably going to keep the seedlings indoors and try to just transplant them to outside in the future.

I might just do a mixed strain grow next time. I've not had much luck in keeping growth speed and stuff uniform even among clones. Watering at different rates, etc. Might as well just grow different strains if it's gonna be like that!

...so many strains...so little time...:laugh:...:popcorn:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...
Heh right. One night I was talking to my buddy, about if I had a time-machine, how awesome that would be to be able to grow different strains. He was like, "You honestly couldn't think of a better use of a time machine?" Grower's brain.

Well the super cropping is going interestingly. Most of them took quite well, but there was one stubborn branch I supper cropped twice, that didn't seem to take to it so well and now it's split open. I think the reason was basically because the branch was so tough after all the silicone I've been feeding, it was like trying to crush bamboo.

Most of the others have taken well to it though.

The buds are coming along nicely. it always looks like it's going to take a lot longer to finish at this point, but going by my experience with it outdoor, it will probably quickly hurry up and ripen soon now.

I can't tell if it's just my imagination, but it kinda seems like the plants closer to the blue lights are getting more trichomes...

Probably my imagination, can't really tell any difference by the pics.

I've got some aloe I might put on the break from the failed supercrop. Then again I might just use it on my fingers, thanks to a thanksgiving dinner mishap haha

plants are looking good brother. Nice and frosty for how soon in flower. What day are you on?
42 days so far. I'll probably let these ones go out longer than the outdoor girls did. Maybe harvest the tops first and let the littler stuff finish up for longer. About the first harvest I have had where I didn't need them to hurry.

Fed them yesterday....

6 tsp/g catalyst
3 tsp/g Flora Nova bloom
4 tap/g Oily cann
1 tsp/g Bloomin Master
2 tap/g armor si

Into 5 gal. 445 ppm, 6.4 pH

I have been busy trying to tie up dangling branches, hopefully letting the plants do less work to support themselves, but also hoping to keep them in the stronger light. Plus there's a whole mess of lower branches that are getting mixed in the soil... Looks like a jungle in there.

Trying out a new camera too...

Also, as my last picture shows, I've been finding some seeds in the ATF. I haven't found any in the Bangi Haze though. so I'm wondering what that must mean. If one of the males had got the chance to pollinate them, I'd figure I would see seeds from it in the Bangi Haze too, but I've not found any just yet. I'm thinking they might be from self-pollination.

They're either...

Alaskan Thunderfuck x Alaskan Thunderfuck F2
Alaskan Thunderfuck x Alaskan Thunderfuck S1
Alaskan Thunderfuck x Bangi Haze F1

...beats a trip to the seed bank!...:laugh:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...
Right? I'm wondering if I'll really want to bother with this clone of this cut that I took. I've got a lot of other strains to try, and if I got seeds from it then at least I wouldn't be totally losing it. Just seems like I got a real vigorous cut so I kind of want to keep it going.

...if you enjoy the smoke and the clone is doing well, may as well carry on I'd say...I'm thinking I may try a small seed project next round...just a thought right now...we'll see...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...
Yeah it's just a tough choice between trying something new or sticking with what I know. I think I also need a little variety, I tend to get use to just one strain. Still I feel like I won't find a cut with this much vigor in it again if I go back to the seeds of it later. Weed growing dilemmas lol

hehehe...first world problems for sure...:laugh:...I totally get it...while I've grown a couple multiples of a strain, I have never done a repeat in 6 years, even tho some were worthy...just so much stuff catches one's attention these days...some sativa fire and some CBD are on deck for the spring...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

Well I think we're over the hump into mid flower by the looks of things. Officially it's been 53 days. I mostly just wanted to snap some pics 'cause they're looking beautiful. Well the buds anyway, the leaves are a little off looking--this happened outside too and when I put seabird guano down it seemed to help, but so far the Oily Cann Cal-Mag supplement isn't doing it. Probably going to scratch in some more bird poop into the top soil for them to up that Ca, but I think it's probably too late to really avoid the yield loss from it. Oh well, they're looking super frosty. Quality > Quantity

Maybe I should back off the P & K booster though, I think that can limit Ca uptake in excess? It's a very light-feeding cut aside from this apparent Ca deficit. I've only given it under 500 PPM feeds, and as you can see it burned a little even at that. I'm thinking I could probably end up getting 70-80 days out of this, so planning maybe 1 more feed then plain water for the rest of the way through.

They're plumping up very nicely, seems like that fumbled super-crop is doing the best actually.

This one was trying real hard to be buddys with the light...

Back
Top Bottom