Alaskan Thunderfuck SOG With 315W CMH

They are really frosting up nicely for you Fert. Certainly seems like its a good cut. I am hoping the ATF I have going is going to be a good one.
Yeah I am wondering what I should do with this clone though. It's in rough shape, definitely root bound. It has a few branches on it I could cut and clone right now, but my big problem right now is it's probably too cold to take clones. Can't run the heater here so it's been like 50-60 in here, last night got down to 48. Not sure how clones would fair in that.

Since today is officially Week 8 of flower, I decided to take some non-closeups to see the yield.

My fattest cola so far just happens to be the one on the double-supercropped top

Not really sure how many more weeks it really needs. This was a bottom branches and it's already for pretty cloudy trichomes. It seems like this pheno hurries up at the end. All the more reason to keep it.

Smoked that little bit that broke off today, sure tasting yummy so far, very sticky. The outdoor stuff was too, but I think I messed up something in the dry process because it wasn't very sticky afterwards. Hopefully I can avoid that with this stuff. I can tell it still needs some time to ripen though.

It's taking on some beautiful colors, just wanted to leave some bud shots. Still trying to get use to this new camera, some of these have better lighting than the others.

OH man, just every day these colors are looking crazier.

Rocking out. Today I came up with a contraption to make draining my run-off trays easier. I have the pots suspended up above the water so they don't sit in their run off, but as a consequence it sits there FOREVER. That was interfering with my ability to water them more frequently, because the trays would get full and I'd have to wait for the water to evaporate.

A lot of the times in the past, I would let the pot sit in the tray and the soil would act kind of like a wick, and it would dry up the run-off water much more quickly--but I had my suspicions that letting the plant sit in its own run-off wasn't good for it.

I'm still undecided on that, and I'm not sure if the next time around I'm going to keep the pots out of their run-off. In a lot of ways, it seems like it helped them keep watered better, because the pot would literally wick up the water from the tray.

I said maybe new years, but I'm not so sure about that estimate anymore. I'm finally starting to see some amber trichomes here and there, but I keep seeing fresh white pistils too. Kind of confusing. One thing I have decided for sure is that I am going to take these top buds first, and let the bottom buds mature for another couple of weeks. Unfortunately a lot of them have gotten kind of dirty, so I'm going to have to bud wash them too.

I ended up getting a humidstat for christmas. Basically it's a AC adapter that turns off and on according to humidity level. I am going to use it for two purposes. One is that I can turn off my tent's exhaust fan and let the humidity climb higher, and vent only when it's reached a certain point. This is the best way I know how to combat my chronic low humidity other than a ton of humidifiers.

Secondly, and which will be more important in the short term, I'm going to use it to dry my bud better. The chronic low humidity means my dry times are way too fast as well. I have a little tupper-ware tote that I've cut up and stuck skewers through so that it's passively-vented with a little bit of ducting hooked up to my tents. I used it in the past but it dried the buds way too fast, but now I am going to drop the humidity probe into the tupperware tote, and control my tent's fan based on that. Should be able to maintain a good 55% RH for much longer and can finally stop rushing my drying times just in time for this amazing crop.

Those colors are looking great Fert. What are your night time temps looking like?

Oh and before I forget, Merry Christmas brother......hope you had a great day man!

Those colors are looking great Fert. What are your night time temps looking like?

Oh and before I forget, Merry Christmas brother......hope you had a great day man!
Thanks man! Hope you had a good one too.

Been pretty cold, sometimes it gets down to 50-55 F. Space heater takes too much juice to run. I think the mix of colors is because one week it's under 60 and the next it's above.

I'm debating whether to give them one last feed or just go with plain water for 2 more weeks. I don't ever usually bother with a flush since I never feed very heavy.

It's weird how some look much closer to finished, and some look like they're still growing, right next to each other.

I can't tell if they're done bulking up but it seems like it. I don't wanna cut myself short of that "swell" at the end.

Leaves are definitely looking like they're going into senescence

It's also crazy how much different the colors are up at the canopy versus the stuff down below. Excuse the jungle.

This has been been one crazy grow. Was aiming at SOG, this is more of a Cube of Green.

I'm going to harvest the top canopy first and see if I can let the bottom buds swell up some more, so I don't know how to time it anyway. I think 94 days is a good goal based on what Chris did with it, and I think from what I've seen under the scope I'll have 90 percent cloudy and 10 percent amber on the top buds in two weeks. Hopefully staggering the harvest will let the bottom buds swell up some more, and I won't mind letting them get more amber.

Sadly a lot of these buds down below have gotten kinda dirty. They get kind saggy and fall in the dirt, or the siphon I use to empty the drip tests touches one of them with the run off water. So going to have to do a wash on those.

Oh and I nearly forgot... I think I need to hurry up and gea stronger light on this clone I plan to use as a mother. I transplanted to a bigger pot and she seems happier, was very root bound. But I don't think the little tiny house hold LEDs I am using to veg her are sustainable at this size. I need to get the T5 on her soon.

Good news is the vermicompost and ROLS seems to be treating it well.

Still see a lot of white pistils on some of those pics. They definitely have a week or two left in them.....though if you like em racy, you can take a few now!
Still got a couple of jars of the outdoor stuff so I feel like I should actually let a harvest go until it's ripe this time around haha

Looking at your funky clone maybe a transplant and brutal haircut may help it focus on roots and shoots, maybe she could be a mom? My .02, had a similar clone that i wasnt sure was gonna make it or be strong enough to hold up flowers and she turned out to be an aggressive mom cranking out tons of cuttings.

Looking at your funky clone maybe a transplant and brutal haircut may help it focus on roots and shoots, maybe she could be a mom? My .02, had a similar clone that i wasnt sure was gonna make it or be strong enough to hold up flowers and she turned out to be an aggressive mom cranking out tons of cuttings.
Yeah so far she's rebounding good in the larger pot, but I have a 7 gal fabric pot I will put her in once I finally harvest.

Which is gonna be prettttty soon I think.

I'm gonna try taking each "level" of buds at a time. You can see how the largest colas are up top, and then there's basically three levels of them. I will partially harvest maybe the top two, and then let the rest mature as that amount dries. Once jarred, I will cut all but the bottom most branches and dry those. The bottom most branches must be washed as they got mired in the soil a bit.

But I think it's about time to start getting ready for it. Seeing very few clear trichomes, and a few more amber. It's not like a switch from clear to cloudy though, so some are still kind of halfway clear. I still see a lot of white pistills too, but I can't tell if they're foxtailing off new ones so I don't know if I should go by pistills. Check it...

But I don't think I will be missing out on any yield. They seem to have bulked out to maximum.

These are how my two fattest buds have developed over three weeks...

Just some beautiful shots...

Anyways today is officially 13 weeks of flower! This strain is very interesting, it was much faster out doors.

Back
Top Bottom