An 8/8/8 Light Schedule for Photos

What will happen if I give my plants 16 hour days?

• Poor Yield

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Hermie

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Die

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boss Plants Shorter Time

• Never Flower

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah do 8 on 8 off.

@Absorber got me thinking eith his 6/2 stuff. I’d seen this before but read up on it again yesterday.

So to be clear Photos veg 18/6 then flip with 8 on 8 off. You can get close with a weekday timer. Nothing too fancy.

What would happen? Someone must have tried it - DWC guys were doing 6/2 - 6 hours is max continuous photosynthesis people have said. How long the flip before flower. I’m gonna give it a go obvs. With a Banner cross so presumably nanners ahoy anyway 😂

But 60 Days or 60 cycles to flower?

Maybe I’m missing a fundamental? i think (because I’m about to start a little breeding exercise that lots will hermie. But maybe there are some that don’t. A bit of artificial selection and then its the bigger question - does it actually give you a shorter development period. 60 times 16 hour days being better than 24 hour days in costs.

Votes for fun and Anon,

If this is better placed elsewhere please move? It doesn't seem like a FAQ?

Nick

Yeah do 8 on 8 off.

@Absorber got me thinking eith his 6/2 stuff. I’d seen this before but read up on it again yesterday.

So to be clear Photos veg 18/6 then flip with 8 on 8 off. You can get close with a weekday timer. Nothing too fancy.

What would happen? Someone must have tried it - DWC guys were doing 6/2 - 6 hours is max continuous photosynthesis people have said. How long the flip before flower. I’m gonna give it a go obvs. With a Banner cross so presumably nanners ahoy anyway 😂

Maybe I’m missing a fundamental? i think (because I’m about to start a little breeding exercise that lots will hermie. But maybe there are some that don’t. A bit of artificial selection and then its the bigger question - does it actually give you a shorter development period. 60 times 16 hour days being better than 24 hour days in costs.

Votes for fun and Anon,

Nick
I've done 8/16 on forever flowering sativa's in late flower. 8/16 works in flower for sure. 8/8/8 will never fully flower. It's the total dark period that trigger flower and eight hours is not enough to do that.

Cheers!

Eventually you will have the biggest veg garden going.
Just a guess.
24 on 12 off I'd like to try that.
24 hrs in the dark then 24 hrs light then 12 dark and 24 light again. Repeat 24 - 12........
Just something I wondered about, no clinical reason.
Curiosity, hehe.
Good luck :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Yeah do 8 on 8 off.

Votes for fun and Anon,

Nick
Well at least I got you thinking 🤣🤣

you'll be essentially running a gaslight which keeps the plants in extended veg
That's what I thought.
Huge veg room forever. :rofl:
Jumanji comes to mind.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

They get in our human days 12 On 12 Off

In NickHardyland they get 2 days.

Day A - 8 ON 16 OFF
Day B - 16 ON 8 OFF
Day A - etc…

More cycles but same 50/50 split over an even number of days during a given period. I reckon switch to this after say 7 days of flipped to 12/12

Gonna give it a go.

Little experiment.

I
too big a swing unless you are trying for hermies.
Don’t know why I’m laughing - it makes sense. I guess because I realise the only grow I really fancy risking it on is the Banner/GG regs I want to S1 with STS spray.

Back
Top Bottom