Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

Well according to your journal, you have: 1x 120w 2700k CFL(not on at the moment), 2x 24w 6500k CFL(on 3 x 0.5 x 3 x 0.5 x 3 x 3), 2x 24w 2700k CFL(not on).

Now if you were to run them all, which I definitely suggest when you reach flower, giving you a total of 216 watts (I finished my last grow with 361 watts I believe) then you'll have some really decent results.

The 100x3 will draw 150-170 watts. Which is far less than the CFLs you have.
The 200x3 will draw 300-360 watts. Which draws about the same as my last grow with CFLs.

Don't forget to consider efficiency, the LED is turning much more of those watts into light, where the CFL is still turning watts into heat.

6x2L = 6 2 liter pots? What is SIPS?

You can also use the GLR (gas lantern routine) for your lighting schedule for serious power savings. I haven't looked into it much, so I can't tell you the schedule, but it uses 1 hour on/off somewhere to break things up.

I'd be willing to bet the 100x3 would outperform the CFLs you have though... so it's still an upgrade. It was an upgrade over the 361 watts worth of bulbs I was using, in the same grow space.

any smoke you produce is better than buying,all should be good

Truer words have never been spoken. Or typed...

I'm just hoping for the effort, it's a little better than what I've grown so far.

75% Sativa, approx 20% THC. No other cannabinoid levels given.

Update.

First I have to thank 420 Magazine. Without them well.. I'd still have dead plants every grow. I wouldn't be where I am today, and I wouldn't know what I know about Cannabis.

I also have to thank our sponsors. Without your continued support, 420 Magazine couldn't spread awareness and teach people the importance of Cannabis in the world today.
Because of you, our sponsors, you have helped 420 Magazine make a positive difference in so many lives. That in itself is priceless. You folks are making a difference in the world, by giving people a place to learn, and share knowledge about Cannabis, and because of this, their lives are better. There is no greater gift you can give, than to help heal pain and suffering.

HBI International provided the following prizes:

Rolling Tray:
2014-10-24_11-39-40_390.jpg

King Size Rolling Papers and Rolling Tips:
2014-10-24_11-40-06_546.jpg

110mm Roller, Raw Lighter, and Raw Scoop Card:
2014-10-24_11-43-38_73.jpg

Smoke Cones provided the following prizes:

3 J-tubes, 3 Medicine Bottles, 3 King Size Smoke Cones, and a Keychain:
2014-10-24_11-41-49_31.jpg

Space Case provided the following prize:

Space Case Medium Magnetic Grinder:
2014-10-24_11-42-26_731.jpg

I got a bunch of cool stickers from Raw, Smoke Cones and Natural Cones, 420 Packaging, And EZ Vapes. I also received a free sample of Hulled Organic Hemp Seed from Foods Alive

And last but not definitely, definitely not least, the coveted 420 Magazine Nug Jar:
2014-10-24_11-40-35_83.jpg

I was also looking forward to the pipe from Brothers With Glass, but I'm guessing that's going to come in a later shipment, so I'll update when it arrives!

How do you guys win all this stuff?? :)

-J.

Antics it would be great if I can pick your brain to double check what I'm planning to do for my upcoming cycle... Hope you can give me a some advise.

I'm following your thread since the beginning and I've just read you reply to Jeestar. I have a similar problem coz I'm living in a warm climate. My last cycle with a 400 HPS in a 65x65x175 cm (2ftx2ftx6ft) cabinet my indoor T easily went above 31/32°C (above 90 °F) and I had to keep the cabinet's door open. I got a very decent harvest though. However, I had to deal with some stress coz I had to wake up early even during the week-ends to close it... pretty sure you know what I'm talking about...

So I've bought a 100x3W LED. The seller claimed that the light range is almost equivalent to a 400 HPS but from what I'm seeing it's not.
I'm planning to have 4 plants, a fairly short vegetation (3 weeks not over 4 weeks) and then bloom.

My questions:

1- My LED is modular (2 x 50 x 3 W) and I can keep one module off while the other is working. Can I use one module only during the vegetation of my 4 plants and then switch to full lighting during bloom?

2- During bloom, do you think I would need extra light to achieve similar results to the 400 HPS os will my 3x100W do the job? and if I need extra lighting, what would you suggest to add (no LED coz I do not have much money to spend)?

3- Is the strength of the grass related to lighting or only the yield is related to it? In other words, a grass potency is not influenced by the lighting but yield is... True or false?

Unsurprising.. ;)

-J.
LOL thanks.. But yeah, it was a member of the month contest. There are contests for Plant of the month, and Nug of the month. 420 Contests
It's a nice incentive to continue to improve your growing skills, although I'm a far ways off from Nug, or Plant of the month. The plants the folks grow here are just absolutely amazing.
Nug, and Plant, are self nomination contests. Entries are accepted from the 1st to 14th or until full. Voting starts on the 15th, until the last day of the month.
Member of the month are nomination only, and all nominations have to be sent to admins through PM.

Antics it would be great if I can pick your brain to double check what I'm planning to do for my upcoming cycle... Hope you can give me a some advise.

I'm following your thread since the beginning and I've just read you reply to Jeestar. I have a similar problem coz I'm living in a warm climate. My last cycle with a 400 HPS in a 65x65x175 cm (2ftx2ftx6ft) cabinet my indoor T easily went above 31/32°C (above 90 °F) and I had to keep the cabinet's door open. I got a very decent harvest though. However, I had to deal with some stress coz I had to wake up early even during the week-ends to close it... pretty sure you know what I'm talking about...

So I've bought a 100x3W LED. The seller claimed that the light range is almost equivalent to a 400 HPS but from what I'm seeing it's not.
I'm planning to have 4 plants, a fairly short vegetation (3 weeks not over 4 weeks) and then bloom.

My questions:

1- My LED is modular (2 x 50 x 3 W) and I can keep one module off while the other is working. Can I use one module only during the vegetation of my 4 plants and then switch to full lighting during bloom?

2- During bloom, do you think I would need extra light to achieve similar results to the 400 HPS os will my 3x100W do the job? and if I need extra lighting, what would you suggest to add (no LED coz I do not have much money to spend)?

3- Is the strength of the grass related to lighting or only the yield is related to it? In other words, a grass potency is not influenced by the lighting but yield is... True or false?

Ok I'll answer in the order of how they're asked:

1. What light model?
As for the question, Are the two panels of 50 full spectrum? Are they 50 Veg and 50 Bloom? What do the switches control?
I can't speak for how effective a full spectrum grow vs. Veg spectrum in Veg, and Flower spectrum in Flower are, but I have seen more than one person say there are no problems if you Veg, or Flower with full spectrum lighting.

2. Damn man, you're asking hard questions lol. I haven't grown with any HPS/MH lights to really give you a good comparison unfortunately. And how close an LED performs compared to HPS/MH will depend a lot on the LED light itself, and who makes it.
More light is always better than not enough, but there is a limit on how much light you can use, otherwise you can end up with some light stress/bleaching. I would like to think that my 100x3 TopLED light performs very closely to a 400w HID. It definitely outperforms my CFLs in every possible way.

3. Without having done scientific testing in a controlled environment, I can only speculate. I believe potency is dependent on the entire environment, and the correct combinations of each. And this will vary by strain too, so there's no real easy answer. But assume you have a strain you've grown before, and are familiar with. You'll already know the sweet spot for nutes, how much is too much, and how much doesn't cause burn. No burn is the best scenario obviously. Medium quality will play a large part in things, the temperature, humidity, airflow, light distance, light intensity, there are tons of variables.
Every little thing counts. And each thing you make perfect for that strain, it will grow bigger, faster, and produce more flowers.

And a quick update without pictures (maybe I'll have some time tonight)

Runoff PH currently sits between 5.6 and 5.9.
I have a Calcium deficiency showing up, no other problems or deficiencies noted. CalMag will be increased next feeding.

Main stem is thicker than any plant grown before, and before the plant gets out of control, I'm switching to 12/12 today.

Ok and lets add some pictures, shall we?

Nothing exciting, just a little shrub. I'm expecting to see quite a bit of stretch in flower now. The base of the stem is a thick monster, if the plant grows high enough to access it, I'll try taking a picture in the near future. If not, I'll just try to work around the branches. I'd say it's about as thick as a sharpie now at the base, up to the node where I FIM'ed, after that, it's quite a bit thinner.

IMG_20150205_183914_623.jpg

IMG_20150205_183930_646.jpg

As mentioned before, I have a calcium deficiency showing up, so next feeding will receive a 2 tsp dose, instead of the 1 tsp dose which is the standard dose. 2 tsp is listed in the directions on the bottle, so it shouldn't be too harsh or anything like that.

Oh and a side note, that's my rosemary plant in the top left of the first picture. She seems to be loving the LED and nutes indoors.

:Namaste:

Things are looking swell Antics. Have you tried a scrog screen in your cabinet? I think I'm convinced that it is one of the better ways for me to grow in such a small footprint. Curious as to what your thoughts are on the Bovida products?

you'r switching after how may day in veg? good job... :thumb:

She sprouted around November 18-November 19. So a little over 11 weeks in Veg. Although some of that was slower growth, due to the PH/Nute issues I was experiencing, so I easily lost a few weeks of good growth there. The stem doesn't look like it slowed down at all though, so I'm hoping that's going to help carry loads of water/nutes up to the plant.

Things are looking swell Antics. Have you tried a scrog screen in your cabinet? I think I'm convinced that it is one of the better ways for me to grow in such a small footprint. Curious as to what your thoughts are on the Bovida products?

I haven't tried a scrog, but I have been considering it. I'm just trying to plan a way that I can use it in the closet, and have the height be adjustable, and in addition to that, I'll need a shelf incorporated somewhere for a few of my tools and such.
I haven't tried the Bovida packs, but a lot of people have given them great reviews, and it's another thing I'd like to try in the future.

man she is looking way better

what is the expected flowering time??

I agree.. I can finally start feeling proud of my grow again. For a while it was an embarrassment with all the constant problems... all because of a shitty PH meter.

Breeder says 65-70 days.
Seedbank says 9 weeks. (63 days)

So with all the strains I've grown before, I'll start looking at trichomes before the harvest date, since environment can change the harvest time. I figure around day 50 I'll take a look and see what we have.

It's also worth noting, that right now I probably have 1-2 ounces left from prior harvests, and that will last me alone quite a while, since I'm pretty much the only one using it. And yet I'm STILL excited about this upcoming harvest in a couple months. It's like when I switch to 12/12 I turn into a little girl who got a pony for christmas.

75% Sativa 25% Indica.

Yields:

Breeder: Production 350-450 gr indoor / outdoor 350-500gr
Seedbank: Yield: 50-450gr/m2 indoors 350-500gr per plant outdoor

I expect to see at least 50 grams. Depending how explosive growth is during stretch, maybe 65?

I also plan to keep all my LST on the branches until stretching is over, that will let my branches rest on the edge of the pot if the buds get too heavy.

Quick picture update as she fills in the canopy. Its been 3 days since the last picture, and the difference is noticeable. She's been gaining a lot of height, and has been looking healthy and happy.

CalMag fed at 1.5 tsp today, and will try 1 tsp next feeding.
Nute PH is 6.2, Runoff is 5.7, so I have a little more work to do here to balance things out, but she's improving daily, and I don't want to go too aggressive with PH changes at this point.

I've also topped her, to stop vertical growth, as I don't want her main top to get too much taller than all the LST branches around.

IMG_20150208_084238_719.jpg

Back
Top Bottom