Any Durban Poison growers out there?

Vinny133

First time growing these. Bought them through EC Genetics out of eastern Canada. Supposed to be 100% Sativa. Thing is, leaves look awfully broad, more like an indica. These are only 24 days old and freshly topped. Do these look right to you Poison growers out there at this stage?

Thanks for taking the time.

Tony
In coco with Gaia Green dry amendments under the 320 watt PanthrX Mini V1 by Crecer Lighting.
E2FC4F3A-BFA4-4C6C-BD54-0C6B58942223.jpeg

The original Durban Poison is a long running sativa... around 14 -16 weeks in bloom. If yours runs faster than that, it is likely hybridized with an indica. This last year I ran a strain such as this and had very good luck with it, and it was a 10 week plant. It is actually very rare to find the pure land race seeds these days... but there are lots of hybrids out there that came from it.

The original Durban Poison is a long running sativa... around 14 -16 weeks in bloom. If yours runs faster than that, it is likely hybridized with an indica. This last year I ran a strain such as this and had very good luck with it, and it was a 10 week plant. It is actually very rare to find the pure land race seeds these days... but there are lots of hybrids out there that came from it.
Thanks for the reply. This was advertised as a 9 week flower period which falls in line with your suggestion of it being a hybrid. Wish it was advertised as a hybrid as opposed to 100% pure sativa. Oh well, live and learn.

Emilya, you are right, landrace seeds are a thing of the past.
Now if I could find a biologist that can take a dried leaf and regenerate it then I have a few leaves, pressed in a dictionary, from a grow in 1978. It was one plant from a seed I found in a bud that was gifted to me. Long story, may write it up someday, LOL, yeah right, stoned hippy I am.
I was living on a very large property with wonderful soil, I started that seed in peat pot then into a two gallon pot of the soil it would get planted into. Transplanted it at two feet, ran water hoses the 200 feet from my trailer to the plant. Fed it with whatever Fert's and as it grew I pinched the hell out of it, still it finished at over 9 feet tall, over 12 feet across and yielded 4.5 pounds of dried buds.
That grow is still talked about by the numbers of friends that had the chance to try it. I gave most of it away to friends, gave a pound to a friend fighting cancer, it help him for the time he had left.
If you were ever smelled/smoked true skunk, this was it.
So if there is someone that thinks it can be Jurassic Parked, let me know!
:passitleft:

I got my DP from Dutch Passion in 2013 and they were billed as landrace then. Now I see they are listed as a hybrid. It was my first grow when I first joined the forum.

The kick was hard and fast, a massive stimulant, like nothing else I've tried. Which makes me think they may have been the pure sativa. I still have some of seeds I produced but stopped growing for a few years and didn't store them too well, so I haven't been able to get any to pop. Think I'll just go for broke and try them all at once, maybe I'll get lucky....

You should check out neirika seed trust by bodhi. Dudes all about sourcing landrace strains.
Emilya, you are right, landrace seeds are a thing of the past.
Now if I could find a biologist that can take a dried leaf and regenerate it then I have a few leaves, pressed in a dictionary, from a grow in 1978. It was one plant from a seed I found in a bud that was gifted to me. Long story, may write it up someday, LOL, yeah right, stoned hippy I am.
I was living on a very large property with wonderful soil, I started that seed in peat pot then into a two gallon pot of the soil it would get planted into. Transplanted it at two feet, ran water hoses the 200 feet from my trailer to the plant. Fed it with whatever Fert's and as it grew I pinched the hell out of it, still it finished at over 9 feet tall, over 12 feet across and yielded 4.5 pounds of dried buds.
That grow is still talked about by the numbers of friends that had the chance to try it. I gave most of it away to friends, gave a pound to a friend fighting cancer, it help him for the time he had left.
If you were ever smelled/smoked true skunk, this was it.
So if there is someone that thinks it can be Jurassic Parked, let me know!
:passitleft:

I think you would be hard pressed to find true Durban seeds from the past. I grew one from CK (flowered in 9 weeks) and it definitely had Indica traits, although the CK seeds started to exhibit more Sativa like qualities as it matured.

Durban MicroGrow

Back
Top Bottom