Anyone seeded straight to 12/12?

rydndrty

Hi guys im new here, living in western australia and am looking at keeping things simple by having one large flower room. under 1000w hps 600w hps and building a shelf to put small seedlings on under a 250w mh 12/12 of course. the room is roughly 2m x 4m. The reason for this is i have heard unless your vegging for close to 4 weeks or more then the plants wont grow/get any more potent than if you flowered them straight up as they wont flower for roughly 3 weeks anyways. has anyone tried this?? i just dont want to run the risk of light leaks splitting the room and having veg room beside flower room. Plus the extra cost of another scrubber fan etc. i'll also save a third of my electricity bill for the first 3 weeks going 12/12 instead of 18/6.

Sent from my SM-G920I using 420

I find 16/8 for 8-10 weeks always yield me a very strong return not to mention as tasty one....Sure, its doable, what you`re asking,but, i believe you`ll find the yield will be quite small and not worth your while.....

thanks for the advice snid and sejd. will have to come up with another plan/ room for veg. maybe use the 600w mh for veg and 1000w hps along with 250w mh (add some blue spectrum?) for flower. Was originally going to go for something like sog straight from seed but i think you guys are right, more veg time = more yield even if grow time is longer. thanks guys!

i've also recently read a thread where a grower swore by this method. He was harvesting an oz per plant in just over 2 months. (i think it was from clones though) i know you get less yield per plant but you can cram alot more plants into the same sized room/tent. and harvest in half the time?

There are plenty of growers that run 12/12 from seed to harvest (even 10.5/13.5).
I don't believe the length of veg has anything to do with potency. Rather, it comes from genetics, plant health and environment. Yield will be less, so just grow a few extra plants to compensate.

I recommend jumping over to Dr. Ziggy's journal for an example of 10.5/13.5 from seed. :thumb:

image9502.jpeg

awesome! thanks Heirloom and Major PITA! good to know potency wont be effected. i think ill take Major PITA's advice and grow a few more as i'll have alot more room not needing to divide my flower room to add a veg room. im in the flowering process of making shit loads of seeds (far away from my ladies) so if all goes well should have a good supply to get me started once ive finished this grow ( ladies are in 2nd week of flower) then ill start the new adventure. I think i'll start a journal with 12/12 from seed and let ya's know how i go. after all if it saves running costs and nearly halves the harvest times then i think its worth a shot!?

The 12/12 from seed idea definitely does work. Everything but yield is dependent on the strain most of all. I personally have done this for 2 grows previously. They had some decent results as well. Like the others said, your plants wont be as big or yield as much, but if you have a good supply of seeds, a ton of bagseed or you produce your own seeds then this is certainly a way to make an SOG style grow if thats what you're looking for. Most plants will stay shorter which makes things easier but sometimes it all comes down to training and other techniques. I have some bagseeds growing from 12/12 right now in with my recently purchased autoflowers. Mind you my bagseed plants are all different soil experiments they also range in size. (10 inches to 2 feet)
Thats just some insight for you from someone else that has tried it before. Try it for yourself and see how it works. There is info out there on the topic that is for sure. Best of luck with this! If you start up a journal with this technique be sure to let me know. If I happen to see it browsing the journals I will stop in and see how you're doing.

Solo Cup Comp - Bring It!

Check out this thread for some examples of plants grown 12-12 from seed. These ones are all grown in solo cups. The ones I grew didn't seem to be particularly stunted from the small containers. I've grown 12/12 from seed in larger containers and they were not very much bigger.

Thanks for the replies dick23rk and weaselcracker! i appreciate the advice/ info weaselcracker thats also what i was thinking but maybe going a litrle bit larger than solo cups (more for a piece of mind) that way i can put more plants in my grow space (will be the only way it'll work imho) and dick23rk i will definately be doing some lst but not topping as i want the plants to concentrate their efforts into nice dense buds and not repairing itslelf. im actually experimenting with a few different soils at the moment. as were pretty limited to what we can get in western australia. (no such thing as fox farm here ) but something im trying is mixing in some clay balls into the soil. apparently they hold water and oxygen! worth a try i thought

Yeah definitely go bigger like a liter or two. My solo cup ones are in coco and perlite- a sort of drain to waste hydro style- and that's different than soil. I also have some pics deep in my gallery of some other plants I grew 12/12fs in larger pots with promix, in scrog screens . I'll put a couple here If I find them.

Ok you got me curious so I went and dug them up. I remember now though- these weren't 12/12 from seed- I had them under 18/6 for a week after they first sprouted.
The screens are 24"x19" and there is a lighter somewhere for scale

Mama Thai- 100% sativa. ( two plants )
image22440.jpg

image22442.jpg

Pineapple Chunk- indica - pic is of half a screen

image22951.jpg

wow! thats pretty good for 1 week under 18/6 can you remember what yield you got?? could get a decent sog with plants like that!!

she's beautiful!! ive got a critical cheese fem seed on its way (if it makes it through customs lol) very healthy, sativa dominant?? and all that plant in only a 16oz cup . keep me updated with her progress weaselcracker!!

I snagged those photos from a thread I started one time- and here is what I said then about the Mama Thai.
I'll probably get 1 1/2 ounces or so from the two as a wild guess. Definitely vegging longer next time
I think I got about a half ounce from the PC.

yea looks like your findings after that grow was to veg a little longer. their beautiful plants but i suppose they would've been better with a few more weeks of veg Im now thinking to scrap the idea of 12/12 from seed? plus i suppose the bonus of a veg room is clones! ☺

Back
Top Bottom