Ase's Perpetual Fun With Coco

The Purple Envy looks amazing, I need to try this plant!

Congratulations on your second POTM win Ase! Very well deserved!

Yeah, anyone who reads this. You need to try Purple Envy. I've got two more seeds from the last win and I'm really hoping I can convince Sherry to throw in some more again. It's shaping up to be a POTM entry for when I can try again.

This Plant of the Month had some incredible plants. Suntana, TheBlaze, Duggan and Mono had plants that all could have won in other months. That's a lot to have 5/25 as viable winners in one month. Mono never gets the credit he deserves for what he does because it's hard to get a picture of the whole thing. That dudes one plant tents are outrageous.

Last time I won I felt a little lucky because the month of May was not that strong. This time I feel like it was deserved. Always an honor to win anything here and all the sponsors were awesome to deal with last time so looking forward to talking to them again. Everything I've learned came from these forums and I started at zero. Winning a contest just shows you that the information on 420 Magazine is hands down the best. All you have to do is find it. It's all here.

Thanks for being a great supporter Dobe! Can't wait to see entries from you soon! You and Suntana have to try and keep the top spot a coco grower ;)

Your plants are what I aspire to Ase! Congrats on your win, hats off to you. That tree though. ✌️

That tree might be the coolest thing I've ever seen that was grown. I want to plant some and just try and see if I can replicate it! Not enough space where I live but maybe someday.

Thanks for your kind words Newty! Always appreciate it.

Hey Ase! I'm looking for page 40 but I'm not sure which journal? I read through the feeding information on the first page of this journal, is that a good reference start? Thanks again
420-magazine-mobile559277630.jpg
420-magazine-mobile173665447.jpg
am I on the right track?

Hey Ase! I'm looking for page 40 but I'm not sure which journal? I read through the feeding information on the first page of this journal, is that a good reference start?am I on the right track?

It's page 20 if you are on the app, page 40 via the website. I just made some minor adjustments so it's more updated than the one at the beginning. Lots of the same concepts though. I'm going to take a look at your nutrients and see what they have in them exactly. I believe Sensi products are supposed to be pretty easy to use and it might be better for you to follow their guidelines for a grow and then keeping my style in mind. Let me do a little research.

Taking care of a sick girlfriend and she'll fall asleep soon and I can look it all up ;)

No worries at all! Take your time, I really appreciate your time . I'll check out page 20 and keep adding to my notes after I make supper. I'm finally understanding ppm ph and the basics of nutes, Lordy Lordy .. you rock dude!

I am glad you are understanding it. I try to take the extra time to explain the things that I really struggled with when I first started with coco. Here is my advice I decided. It's the same thing I told Dobewon to do. Keep studying and asking questions but I go with what your Sensi products say to do. Did they give you a feed schedule or anything with those bottles? Usually they are a basic guideline to get a good grow under your belt. Do it that way and I'll keep an eye out and can help with anything you need. Then once you understand how a plant should grow you can get more detailed and focus on manipulating your nutrients to hit my N-P-K numbers if you want.

While you are doing what Sensi recommends you can use your PH and PPM pens to understand what is going on. Sensi says the PH is always where it should be and that they have accounted for the lack of cal-mag in coco so you should be good to go with just their recommendations. As you go week by week you can see why I do what I do and why I created my own N-P-K scale and compare. Plants need certain things boosted at different times. I can point out the first signs for you and relate it to my feed schedule. I'd say it's working pretty well for Dobe right now.

Finally caught up. Some great info in here for coco growers :) Congrats on your last harvest!

That is a lot of catching up to do. Welcome aboard FatNeil! Do you grow in coco?

Thanks for the harvest congratulations. Some great stuff I am smoking right now because of it!

I am glad you are understanding it. I try to take the extra time to explain the things that I really struggled with when I first started with coco. Here is my advice I decided. It's the same thing I told Dobewon to do. Keep studying and asking questions but I go with what your Sensi products say to do. Did they give you a feed schedule or anything with those bottles? Usually they are a basic guideline to get a good grow under your belt. Do it that way and I'll keep an eye out and can help with anything you need. Then once you understand how a plant should grow you can get more detailed and focus on manipulating your nutrients to hit my N-P-K numbers if you want.

While you are doing what Sensi recommends you can use your PH and PPM pens to understand what is going on. Sensi says the PH is always where it should be and that they have accounted for the lack of cal-mag in coco so you should be good to go with just their recommendations. As you go week by week you can see why I do what I do and why I created my own N-P-K scale and compare. Plants need certain things boosted at different times. I can point out the first signs for you and relate it to my feed schedule. I'd say it's working pretty well for Dobe right now.

This works for me. I'm truly grateful for steering me in the right direction and taking the time to explain things. I will follow their feeding schedule at half for now until I get a pen. I think your right, I'll figure out my basics and then manipulate things once I get more comfortable. Happy growing .

Hey Ase, congrats man! She was a real beauty. Good job .
I will definitely like to hold up long enough to try purple envy, beautiful plant.

Thanks Suntana. I loved the 4 main colas on the plant you submitted. It was really nice. You gotta try that Purple Envy.

Recirculated the runoff? Are you saying you reused it? Sorry, if I misunderstood. I'm still trying to get a handle on how to use coco.

He's able to do this because the automatic top feeding keeps the coco moist at all times and I'm pretty sure in terms of PPM and PH, what goes in is probably the same number that drains out and he just keeps recirculating it. If it never dries up then salt buildup is low and coco can be wet at all times except for when a plant is in the first couple weeks (at least in my opinion) as long as you have a handle on the environment. Pennywise is a great grower. If I were just learning coco I'd run drain to waste for a round before I move to an automated recirculating setup. Not that you couldn't pull it off yourself, you just really should understand coco before moving to this direction.

I run drain to waste and when the runoff drips out I suck it up and throw it into my outdoor garden beds for fruits and veggies. The plants seem to love it and gives the soil some nutrients to latch on to for future veggies gardens.

If there is anything I can do to help guide you or answer questions then please let me know! Lots of good coco growers that follow this thread. Page 40 (website version, if you are using the app I think it is page 20) has my feed schedule and how I do it. Maybe start there and ask some follow up questions if you need help! Always happy to help get another person started with coco.

Welcome to my journal. It's nice to have you along!

Recirculated the runoff? Are you saying you reused it? Sorry, if I misunderstood. I'm still trying to get a handle on how to use coco.

Yes the nutrient solution was reused

Yea Ase i had a couple of grows drain to waste before i went with the top feed setup. My Ghost train haze grow was coco drain to waste.

I'll likely have recirculating going by next summer. I will likely be stopping by to ask a couple questions from ya when the times comes. I like drain to waste because I have the time for it but life is getting busier and I need to have it setup by then.

I work a swing shift most weeks so makes tending plants sporadic at times.

I work early mornings when my plants are sleeping and get home about 1pm, about an hour after they wake up. I then can feed again at like 9-10pm when I go to bed. Best part of my job is that it allows me to have a lot of hobbies! Due to a lot of crazy weather I wasn't able to plan a lot of outdoor trips like I normally do in the spring/summer. I just need it so I don't have to depend on people when I go away. I really don't spend more than a few minutes a day down in my grow area anymore. It's nice to have that peace of mind that I am doing things right because I remember checking like every hour when I first started!

Back
Top Bottom