Atrain Indoor T5 Closet Grow - White Widow Auto - White Cheese Auto - Royal Haze Auto

Re: Atrain Indoor T5 Closet Grow - White Widow Auto - White Cheese Auto - Royal Haze

20150109_123703-1.jpg
20150109_123647-1.jpg
20150109_123630-1.jpg
20150109_123612-1.jpg
20150109_123556-1.jpg
20150109_123541-1.jpg
Day 11
Side lighting placed back on the white widow
Temp 77
Rh 39 / I will be adding a humidifier to the room until flower stage
I think I will be using a little FF grow big at 1/4 strength in about a week

Re: Atrain Indoor T5 Closet Grow - White Widow Auto - White Cheese Auto - Royal Haze

Update:
The rh ranged between 25 to 33 percent. After reading more into I find that during veg the best range is between 50 to 70? So I added a humidifier to the mix to see what happens the temp was at 77 and rh 32 when it was started another update with results and pics tom

20150111_115303-1.jpg
20150111_115316-1.jpg
20150111_115414-1.jpg
20150111_115405-1.jpg
20150111_115351-1.jpg

Ok day 13
Room temp 70 to 77 rh 40 to 45
I have a question for the experts if anyone actually reads this your input is appreciated, I got a ph meter yesterday. I have been using tap for watering I let sit for a few days to evap chlorine supposedly then I bubble it to get o2 levels back up.
I checked the ph straight from tap and it was at 7.2 but I checked the tap I let sit then bubble it was at 8.2. I also have access to an ro system. Should I use the ro water or just use ph down to get tap down to 6.2. Any feed back welcome all questions will be answered promptly

Also please chime in and let me know how they look for there age

Day 10, I do have nutrient questions if anyone can help that would be awesome.... well I think I f'ed up now that I'm reading I planted these in miracle grow potting soil. I know it has time release fert and is very high in nitrogen and may cause problems in the flowering stage. Do I need to try and feed at all in flowering stage? If so what are the suggestions? I was thinking maybe fert with hi P an 0 N and start with very small amounts do see how they take it at first any and all suggestions welcome thanks.

Your seedlings are looking good / great !

I have never used miracle mix , generally those time release mixes last for 6 months or so and gets released when watering the less you water the less will be dissolved the more watering the faster it gets released / breaks down the pellet fertilizers.

Chances are you will need to add at least phosphorus for the bloom period , they make bloom food for cannabis that has nitrogen in it so don't be to worried about the miracle mixes nitrogen , you may well get bigger buds because of it.

You should do a 420 search for miracle grow and see what other members have found when using the miracle mix.

Personally I would buy a 3 part hydroponic nutrient solution Grow , micro and bloom , that way you can give them a weakish mixture (or more if they need it) as a tonic to complement the miracle grow.

I am trying for the 1st time , Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Grow micro and bloom , PH perfect self adjusts the PH of the water from a low of 4 to a high of 8.5 to 5.7 / 5.8 which is perfect for hydroponics and soilless mixtures ( miracle mix is soilless I think ?) with the ph perfect , ph pens or a ppm pen is NOT needed , just mix as directed. Do a internet search on Advanced Nutrients PH perfect , watch a Video on it and see how it works if it interest you..

But , use what ever hydroponic food you want to try and use your ph pen (recalibrate before use) the Point is to use some hydroponic food as a nutrient boost once your plants show deficiencies and I bet they will.

Here is a link to 60cal's (member of 420) blog entries , if you scroll down a few posts you will note some photos of pot leaves , showing nutrient deficiencies. 420 Magazine ® - 60cal - Blogs

It will help you diagnose any nutrient deference you might see in the future.

There are a few other guides on the 420 site that show pictures of deficiencies as well , you will have to search for those ones yourself , don't think your alone , many experienced growers need help once in a while as well.. eh hem . lol

Gday atrain your seedlings are looking great my only advise would be to ph your water to around 6.3/6.5ph somewhere there I beleave works best for nutrient uptake. I'm just about to head to work when I'm back I'll reread your journal for more info.

Also I'm subbed bro so if you don't mind I'm gonna pull up a chair on the atrain to budsville :ganjamon:

Thanks for the feedback guys I was beginning to think I was alone on this one it is really encouraging to see someone is actually keeping an eye on me lol

I downloaded a chart as you suggested for the defficiencies as all looks good now I did figure I would need to feed something later just being new I'm not too familiar with the proper nutes and when to give them. I'll be giving frequent updates and asking for help at the first sign of change in appearance.

I also bought some ph down today so the next watering I'll def try and utilize this and get it to acceptable ranges and thanks for joining in on my grow all input and general convo is greatly appreciated as this is my first run

I also made a modification to my closet today after researching more about reflective material and ways to increase yields I found my makeshift taped up foil is far from efficient so I dug through my old military aid bag and found a mylar casualty blanket and hung it and I can tell a huge difference in the amount of light being reflected in my space now and I also ran it under my pots to reflect up where before it was only carpet. Thanks again for the feedback I'll be making regular post and updates please keep in touch it is greatly appreciated.
20150111_141900.jpg

And I am def going to give the ph perfect a look anything to simplify the process will be awesome.... I also got a good smell of the girls for the first time today when I opened up the door to my grow area it hit me right in the nostrils and it was amazing.... never thought I would be getting so excited over something I can't even smoke myself but if it helps my wife and save me some cash I'm all in... this has been a fascinating learning experience so far

20150112_180728-1.jpg
20150112_180204-1.jpg
Day 14 update
All are still well all conditions the same but the white cheese is still exploding with growth from everywhere. The other two have nodes far enough apart that I can penetrate deep enough with side cfls to help spur new growth. The white cheese however is getting far to dense so I decided to pony tail her top for a few hrs. I saw this on another site and guy says he does it 2 to 3 times at about 3 hrs each time and it is enough to make a noticeable difference later so I decided to give it a try and I'll be giving updates on progress as we go with this pony tail method

Day 15:
Room temp:75 rh:50 percent.
I came in from work this morning to find the leaves of two of them a little droopy so I watered all of them and after h2o and sleep cycle they perked right back up. I still didn't saturate pot in attempt to feed a little at a time with MG soil, and not release too much at once.
Here's a few pics of the white cheese auto after ponytail #1. I have decided to pin her up every other day 4 hrs so today will be an off day.
20150113_120510-1.jpg
20150113_120439-1.jpg

The others are also coming along nice and have a good bit of new growth.

Royal haze
20150113_120543-1.jpg
20150113_120526-1.jpg

White widow
20150113_120329-1.jpg
20150113_120345-1.jpg

Keep in touch let me know what y'all think more ponytail updates Tom for the white cheese

:bravo: the girls are bushing up nicely

I like your idea about pinning the tops, have you thought about topping or lst (low stress training) combine the two and you can double your harvest if not more.

I topped my seedling on day 17 that's when I had 2 sets of nodes below my desired cut then on day 25 she had recovered/grown enough to top the 4 nodes to create 8 colas. So each cut doubles your colas I could post some pics of the process if it would help you picture what I'm on about?

Thank you for the advice hortus...... for this being my first run I'm not doing any topping, and all of my girls are autos, from what I have read most recommend not topping autos due to such short life cycles. I'm going with the ponytail training on the cheese but I have considered a little lst on the haze or widow. The cheese stem is so thick and stumpy and no space between nodes. But the haze has some spacing and not as thick after another node I may start to bend her over really not sure. I just want 3 healthy plants at this point lol.

Yo atrain, babies are coming along nicely! I'm new to growing and this site as well, unfortunately, I'm actually in the flushing stage and did not record and update along the way like you have. So far they look really good, remind me a lot of mine. I've got 2 THC Bomb Autos and they look tremendous. And with the feedback I've got so far, they must be lol! I haven't really put up a large description of what I have done, I will do this tomorrow but if you wanna check my grow out, give you a taster in what you are in for! :p :peace:

Stainless - THC Bomb Auto (Indoor) - 2014-2015 - First Ever Grow Journal

After
20150114_054003-1.jpg
20150114_053953-1.jpg

Before ponytail
20150113_120439-1.jpg
Ok little white cheese ponytail update... I tied her up on day 14 let rest on 15 and I'll tie her up again after sleep cycle today. Here are few pics and do a before and after I can def tell a difference let me know what y'all think. All other plants are healthy and growing and still no nutes only watering strategically of the MG soil.

Back
Top Bottom