Atreum Lighting LED Grow Light Discussion

Atreum Lighting

Hey guys, :ciao:

We're Atreum Lighting, and we provide horticulture LED lighting solutions for grow tents, commercial-scale operations, research institutions, and everything in between.

We’ve been humbled by the incredibly warm response so far from the 420Magazine community, and we’d like to give back.

We're offering a 10% discount code on all of our 144.2 Veg Lighting, and ARA and VELA Series Flowering Lights: Use 420MAG code at checkout!

Check out our Featured Lighting on AtreumLighting.com

Also, if you want to show off your grow under Atreum lights, have questions/comments, or just want to say "Hi!", then drop a reply in the discussion thread below!

Ever thought about selling just strips pre-mounted on heat sinks and various Meanwell drivers and use a square T bolt aluminum frame so people can just make their own light to the size and intensity they need?

Can just get a 2 foot piece of the square T bolt frame, buy 2 to 4 strips and the right size 1400mA driver and assemble at home 100w
Or buy 4 foot of frame, buy 16 strips and 1400mA driver for a 650+w replacement for a DE HPS.
Or get a 2 foot frame with 12 strips and a 700mA driver for super even coverage running real cool and close to canopy.

So just sell basically a system with 2 or 4 foot frames, and 2 to 4 foot strips with heat sinks with various drivers so people could make a light to fit their space exactly with just the amount of watts/ppfd they need.
I think that would sell well.

Ever thought about selling just strips pre-mounted on heat sinks and various Meanwell drivers and use a square T bolt aluminum frame so people can just make their own light to the size and intensity they need?

Can just get a 2 foot piece of the square T bolt frame, buy 2 to 4 strips and the right size 1400mA driver and assemble at home 100w
Or buy 4 foot of frame, buy 16 strips and 1400mA driver for a 650+w replacement for a DE HPS.
Or get a 2 foot frame with 12 strips and a 700mA driver for super even coverage running real cool and close to canopy.

So just sell basically a system with 2 or 4 foot frames, and 2 to 4 foot strips with heat sinks with various drivers so people could make a light to fit their space exactly with just the amount of watts/ppfd they need.
I think that would sell well.
That's a great idea, and you are exactly describing our ARA Light Bar series!

Each ARA-41 light bar runs at 120W nominal, has a waterproof design, and attaches to a 20mm x 20mm profile T-bolt frame extrusion. We have waterproof cable harnesses to easily connect multiples of 3- and 4- light bars together (Links to 3-bar and 4-bar harnesses).

The philosophy is that you can tailor the fixture to your specific requirements.

We've seen a huge variety of customer configurations: 2-bar 240W fixtures to cover shelves, 8-bar 960W systems to cover 4'x8' areas, 7-bar 840W fixtures for 4'x4' (a commercial op running CO2), and the list goes on.

Check out the attached photos, or follow Mr. Sauga's Grow Journal to see the ARA-6 in action.

Happy to answer any other questions you may have about this.

IMG_7745.jpeg

ARA2_installation.jpeg

IMG_7852 (Large) - 2.jpeg

Nice, its about time some company did this, been asking for it for years.
For LEDs its the only thing that makes sense.
The frame is exactly what I was referring to, the square t bolt aluminum frame.

Looks like a 600w with 5 strips would be about $900+ it appears.
Thats at least getting into the ball park.

I did mine for about $700 for 650w
Two lights, 325w each.
About 1 1/2 years ago

Nice, its about time some company did this, been asking for it for years.
For LEDs its the only thing that makes sense.
The frame is exactly what I was referring to, the square t bolt aluminum frame.

Looks like a 600w with 5 strips would be about $900+ it appears.
Thats at least getting into the ball park.

I did mine for about $700 for 650w
Two lights, 325w each.
About 1 1/2 years ago
We're glad to hear you appreciate our ARA Light Bar series!

Making sure you enjoy Atreum Lighting is what we do.

If you have other questions in mind, please do give us a shout anytime.

Cheers! :Namaste:

Hiya @Atreum Lighting !!
I'm simply blown away with this light. Everything from the simple quick click connectors to the dimmer switch. I mounted my driver outside, which I'm assuming is standard with most users anyhow. Overall the build went well and brightens up the whole street.

It's functional in many ways. You could slide 5 bars to one side for vegging a plant, and keep one bar at the other end for seedlings. Things for me to consider.

Great work guys!

Glad you love the lights Mr. Sauga! :green_heart:
Hiya @Atreum Lighting !!
I'm simply blown away with this light. Everything from the simple quick click connectors to the dimmer switch. I mounted my driver outside, which I'm assuming is standard with most users anyhow. Overall the build went well and brightens up the whole street.

It's functional in many ways. You could slide 5 bars to one side for vegging a plant, and keep one bar at the other end for seedlings. Things for me to consider.

Great work guys!

I’ve been keeping an eye out for your next creation, the Hydra 1000.
I see it’s available in the US now. It is possible for me to order it from the US, I think, but I’m wondering if it’s going to show up in Canada soon as well. Thanks

:thumb:

What light do you have that you would recommend that will cover a 5' x 5' "FLOWER AREA" ? I'm comparing lights now to purchase in the next few weeks. LMK. Thanks
The great thing about the ARA-6 is you can add another bar or two. I think the bars are 129.00 each. As long as your driver is big enough you can easily add on to the base unit. @Atreum Lighting can probably let you exactly how many you would need. I'm not sure if the connector kit comes with the individual bars.

Atreum worked with me to build my dream light. It is a 480 watt Ara-41 kit but it has the smaller frame kit so it fits my 2x4 perfectly.
I just fired her up about 5 minutes ago.

I really liked the quick connectors on the wiring harness and the multiple heatsink fins that run the entirety of each strip. I feel that the overall quality of the light is very high.
It took a lot to convince me to take down my HLG. Frankly, if any other company would have approached me to run their lights in my 2x4 I probably would have told them no.

I'll be starting a journal in just a little bit. I'll drop the link here when it starts.
I have my lux meter ready. :cool:Just need some sprouts now.

Atreum worked with me to build my dream light. It is a 480 watt Ara-41 kit but it has the smaller frame kit so it fits my 2x4 perfectly.

I really liked the quick connectors on the wiring harness and the multiple heatsink fins that run the entirety of each strip. I feel that the overall quality of the light is very high.
It took a lot to convince me to take down my HLG. Frankly, if any other company would have approached me to run their lights in my 2x4 I probably would have told them no.

I'll be starting a journal in just a little bit. I'll drop the link here when it starts.
Looks good.
I think you will prefer the more even coverage of a strip light.
20200930_181310.jpg

Looks good.
I think you will prefer the more even coverage of a strip light.
20200930_181310.jpg
I think you're right.
I have to say that I'm feeling really spoiled right now.
It dwarfs my HLG in size and power.

I like it. Looks really good !

Back
Top Bottom