Auto Defol? Yes Or No?

Outragedpluto

Hey everyone. I am new to the auto world and need some assistance. I am growing a Magnum Autoflower Feminized plant from Buddha Seeds. She has been a wonderful plant to grow. Very laid back and chill, but growing like a freakin weed!!!! She nearly tripled in size in all of a few days!!! She is being grown TLO (True Living Organic) style. For the most part it is a water only process, except she is getting a flower tea tonight. I almost need to kinda force her to start flowering b/c i have a height restriction and this strain is supposed to get huge. They say 500gr/m2. That seems like a lot for an auto lol.

Well anyways my big question is if it is ok to take a few of the tiny fan leaves that are being shaded out by her new growth. I know that you want to minimize the stress on autos at all possible, but these leaves are not doing much anymore and probably using up nutrients that could be better used. Here are some pictures to help :)

P1070683.JPG
P1070684.JPG

And here are the leaves i am talking about
P10706851.JPG

Thank you for any help that you can give!!!

Here are a few pictures of her growing up :D
P1070649.JPG
IMG_36655.JPG
P1070653.JPG
P1070660.JPG

P1070668.JPG

P1070678.JPG
P1070683.JPG

Again, thank you :420: for all the help you give to us growers!!!!

Re: Auto Defol??? Yes or no???

Buddha Magnum is a serious super Auto and I enjoyed growing and smoking mine last Summer. Insofar as you understand how much energy a plant puts into repairing injuries, then Defol away. My opinion is that you should do some leaf tucking or LST instead, autos are notoriously finicky and even though I grew a BM with no issues at all, I have to say i followed all the 'donts' for Autos.

Happy growing she looks just dandy :goodjob::thumb:

Babble hit the nail on the head. Defol. is a debate starting concept however, I'm also a believer of tucking and LST to get maximum light exposer.

Consider this:
Your plant is using the nutrients in the leaves to feed itself. If you strip those leaves off you're essentially taking her food away.

She's beautiful, Holmes! Keep it up!

I'm no expert but from what I've gathered you don't want to defol while in veg unless the leaves are turning yellow, or have some other problem. If you're going to defol you should do it a couple weeks into flower, once the plant starts to focus it's energy on bud production.

With autos it's best to leave them do their own thing. From my experience, the more you mess with an auto ( training, topping, defol etc) has only made it take longer to finish. If the plant feels there isin't enough light or nutrients it will cull it's own leaves. This natural process in my opinion works better than "damaging" the plant.

As far as the leaves you circled and are considered removing, they don't seem to be blocking anything, and can only provide your plant with their energy later on during its life. I'd leave them personally, unless they are in the way. And as others mentioned, you can use tucking and LST to uncover other budsites. Better safe than sorry!

Well looks I know what I am doing. No defol it is. I liked the idea of if the plant doesn't need it, she will get rid of it on her own. Thank you every one for your input!! And wit looks like I need to read some more "Marijuana Botany" :)

Back
Top Bottom