Auto flower seedlings in 3 gal pot - Stalled growth

BillyBud420

Hey All!

I think I have the answer to my concern but thought is ask here.

I have one Revolver and one Jack Herer auto flowering seedlings started in 3 gallon smart pots.

The first leaves came up within 2 days of planting. One plant has the 2 leaves and the other only has the seedling leaf above ground. Both are vibrant, green, and clearly alive! I have a Mars 400 led very far from them...(about 3 feet away). The plant has been watered twice in this time.

The issues is that they haven't grown at all in the past 7 -8 days.

Now, my though is that the growth is all occurring below the surface with root development. 3 gal is a big pot for a seedling (all my research said to put autoflower plants in their final pots from the start) so I am hopeful that the roots are simply trying to find bottom!

My first grow (photoperiod strain) was started in a 1 falling container and the plant growth was pretty dramatic...which is why im thinking pot size and root growth are what is happening.

Thought is ask here for the opinion of you fine folks!

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Don't necessarily expect a lot of growth during the first 2 weeks. As you thought, the plant is probably just building roots. Be real careful not to over water in those large pots. Try to focus the majority of the water on the bottom and outer areas. You don't want the center roots to dry out completely, but you really want to try and get your roots to expand and fill the pot by making them seek the water.

Hi, BillyBud!

First of all, AMAZING name :) I like you already!

What medium are you growing in? Are they warm enough? What's the humidity like? Do you have pics?

Thanks for the reply! I'm growing in Promix HP, humidity is 65%, temps are 68-76f

image35874.jpg

image35873.jpg

First plant is Revolver, second is Jack Herer.

Thanks again!

I agree with your assessment. I bet, in a 3 gal pot, those girls are busy making their way to the bottom. Give 'em another week and they will find second gear.

Back
Top Bottom