Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

We decided together whatever veg time he wants. He’s only got 5x5x8. He can only veg for so long before he’s overgrown. I bet he won’t even get 60 days. I ain’t scairt. My autos give me almost that.
i veg about 5- 6 weeks

I was gonna ask we get special seats 🤣

Its a deal. I think I can get to that part of the world next year.

Agreed.

We go dutch on the hotdogs - I meant weed vapes, not tobacco 😂
Lol! Of course you did, what did you think I meant? Dutch on the hot dogs. Lmao. My friend, if you want a hot dog for nostalgia you go right ahead - but if we are at CBP - we eat like kings. They got serious food there!

Ha - I’m aiming for like Lent - 40 days pop to flip.

None. Well unless this one thing.

I win we go Fenway. You win its Citizens Bear Park on me.

I’ll get myself to the relevant city. Got a bunch of air miles from pre covid left over 😅

What’s the law there? Can I vape at a ballgane 🤣

Jon?

you can vap outside the ball park in Toronto, Canada but its no smoking inside the sky dome roof open or closed..

vap is smoking up here ...

Sorry typo fat fingers!

3000, 3200k are “warm” white colours. Yellow like sun. 4200k is somewhere in the middle. 6000k is very “cold” white

Cold white is great for veg

Warm for flower.

Back in the day -still to this day to be fair the HPS bulbs would get changed at flip. CMH I think was what you used in veg as the science and tech improved as only 315w so lower power draw and thermal heat output at 600k then move rooms and put them under 3000k 1200w double ended HPS for flower.

I ran 315CMH 6000k for veg in a 4x4 then added a 1000w DE HPS for flower but then the bulb on the CMH broke.

Thank you Buddha!

It was hot, it was so bright - the Photon app gave up and said >3000PPFD when I took a reading and my local electricity substation and neighbourhood looked like this at 8am each motning:

Its in my #1 Skunkworks journal.

But huge commercial farms do this still over LEDs. Can hang then higher. Bigger spaces the HVAV is easier.

So yeah lower the K better for flower (think you can get 2800k even) Higher better for veg.

In a meeting with a massive massive light company arranging an order for two lots of twenty lights I once got it the wrong way round. The boss of the company was very gentle as she corrected me 😂

To get full spectrum 3000k and 5000k in an LED is a decent spread. Plus with the near and far reds
I watched that with me kids last night!
Classic Xmas movie! 🤣

Double Grape

My Christmas present to myself was this $8 magnetic travel chess set. Lol. Just messing around with pictures.

IMG_4001.jpeg

Morning @NickHardy - hope you dig this….

While you’re playing checkers, I’ll be playing chess. The second picture is our board.

Heh.

IMG_3998.jpeg

IMG_3997.jpeg
The funniest part of this is that I actually took the time to set it up. Picking through buds to find a king, a queen, two bishops, etc…Boy, I musta been bored last night. Lol.

I missed all the comps this month - I was gutted about missing Photo of The Month most. Got the date wrong. Me and my step daughter created a night time sky with Oil Pastels and I taped it inside the light box. We were gonna make a 12” Christmas tree out of buds and photo it for an entry.

But as they say…

Pics or it never happened….

🤣

I found all those USB 3000k LED strips I bought a few months back but never got to using.

I wonder what I could use them for?

🧐🤔

Morning @NickHardy - hope you dig this….

While you’re playing checkers, I’ll be playing chess. The second picture is our board.

Heh.

IMG_3998.jpeg

IMG_3997.jpeg
I love you’ve sized the pieces 😂

The best line in the latest Mission Impossible movie was Laurence Fishbourne saying to Tom Cruise

“You’re trying to play 4D chess to the death with an Algorithm”

🤣

Considering this…these arrive in two days. I’m thinking at least one, maybe two. A 5’ plant is perfect. This is not the marketing description from FastBuds, I got this from a grower review site.

Gorilla Cookies Auto

With over one million seeds sold and an astounding 28.5% THC content, this autoflower is hailed as one of the most potent strains globally, boasting an incredible trichome production. Renowned for its reliability and remarkable resistance, this cultivar seamlessly integrates the best attributes from its parent strains, ensuring foolproof cultivation even for beginners. Exhibiting vigorous growth, reaching approximately 150cm, it yields up to 650gr/m2 in just 10 weeks.

The buds are impressively dense and chunky, each one resembling a golf ball, enveloped in trichomes and emitting an exceptional aroma. This strain is a go-to choice both for commercial growers and extractors seeking a massive producer, and for novice cultivators seeking a potent, resilient, and effortlessly manageable strain. As a well-balanced hybrid blending the best of Sativa and Indica, this strain excels in both indoor and outdoor environments, displaying remarkable reliability and resilience against the elements. The elevated THC levels manifest in an abundant resin production, transforming the buds into a spectacle of almost pure white, generously coated in trichomes during the late flowering stage. A true cash crop, Gorilla Cookies Auto stands out as an excellent choice for extractions, not only due to the sheer quantity and quality of resin but also because of its extraordinary aroma.

For optimal growth, this strain thrives in well-draining soil with good water retention properties. A recommended mixture of coco coir, perlite, and worm castings enhances drainage and nutrient absorption. Gorilla Cookies Auto thrives in temperatures ranging from 23-26°C during the day and 18-22°C at night, ensuring robust plant growth and development. To maximize your harvest, consider employing high-intensity lighting. Full-spectrum LED lights with a light cycle of 18-20 hours per day are recommended for cultivating Gorilla Cookies Auto. This approach ensures the best possible results for this exceptional strain, unlocking its full potential in terms of yield, potency, and overall quality. Moreover, ensuring optimal air circulation and humidity control in your cultivation space is crucial for mitigating the risk of mold and other fungal diseases in the dense and chunky buds of this strain.

Diligent care during the growth stages will result in a harvest that yields incredible flowers boasting a nuanced flavor profile. Expect a harmonious blend of a rich kush essence, earthy mint undertones, and a subtle sweetness reminiscent of freshly baked cookies. Proper curing further enhances the rewards of your efforts, providing an aromatic smoke that guarantees a lasting impression

Heh.

Thanks @Wastei and happy holidays. I have a slight advantage there - my tent is 9’ to his 8’. Whether it’s enough to overcome photos - I doubt it. I just wanna be competitive.
My tent is 150x150x200cm. Its only 6’6” tall. 5x5

I need some new tent to have somewhere to veg them.

IMG_9574.jpeg

I could buy a new a tent. Nothing else to do 😂

My tent is 150x150x200cm. Its only 6’6” tall. 5x5

I need some new tent to have somewhere to veg them.

IMG_9574.jpeg

I could buy a new a tent. Nothing else to do 😂
Oh, sorry, I didn’t realize using two tents was an option. That hardly seems fair. I think we should both be bound to one 5x5 start to finish.
Meanwhile, this would be a prepped three. Looks a bit like soil? Yeah. Here’s what’s in it, from the bottom to the top:

- 1/3 pot California Super Soil
- very thin layer of perlite #3
- sprinkling across surface of Great White
- 2/3 (except the last 1-2”) pot FFOF amended
- top with non-amended FFOF

The upper 2/3 contains:
- FFOF
- bokashi
- frass
- perlite #3
- EWC
- Geoflora Veg
- second light sprinkling of Great White before topping

Activated with FF Kelp Me Kelp You, FF Wholly Mackerel, and RGR.

There will be two 3’s like this. Take the five on a die as the main setup, with a three on either side of the middle plant in soil semi-organic. They will be small but that’s the point. They are gap filling plants. So it’ll be 2 coco/water setups, 3 tens of coco, and 2 threes of soil semi organic. Seven autos total.

Heh. Perfect opportunity to try this Cali SS.

IMG_4026.jpeg

Oh, sorry, I didn’t realize using two tents was an option. That hardly seems fair. I think we should both be bound to one 5x5 start to finish.
Meanwhile, this would be a prepped three. Looks a bit like soil? Yeah. Here’s what’s in it, from the bottom to the top:

- 1/3 pot California Super Soil
- very thin layer of perlite #3
- sprinkling across surface of Great White
- 2/3 (except the last 1-2”) pot FFOF amended
- top with non-amended FFOF

The upper 2/3 contains:
- FFOF
- bokashi
- frass
- perlite #3
- EWC
- Geoflora Veg
- second light sprinkling of Great White before topping

Activated with FF Kelp Me Kelp You, FF Wholly Mackerel, and RGR.

There will be two 3’s like this. Take the five on a die as the main setup, with a three on either side of the middle plant in soil semi-organic. They will be small but that’s the point. They are gap filling plants. So it’ll be 2 coco/water setups, 3 tens of coco, and 2 threes of soil semi organic. Seven autos total.

Heh. Perfect opportunity to try this Cali SS.

IMG_4026.jpeg
This is approximately the same setup I used for the Skywalker, except for the Cali Super Soil. In light of that I used very little Geoflora Veg. 2/3 cup.

This is approximately the same setup I used for the Skywalker, except for the Cali Super Soil. In light of that I used very little Geoflora Veg. 2/3 cup.
They’ll be my first semi organic autos!

They’ll be my first semi organic autos!
I got 2.5g off my first full organic ❤️🤣

Oh, sorry, I didn’t realize using two tents was an option. That hardly seems fair.

All good. I was going to veg them for a bit in a 4x4 I was going to buy. I have no space until middle/end Feb.

I’ll source a new tent. 5x5. I need to swap lights at flip because I can’t buy another light for flower I’ll get murdered by my wife 😂 and that’s tied up for 6-7 weeks.

And, in an (let’s make these rare) unrelated post, here’s the last five minutes of my life. It’s fricking Jurassic Park around here.

IMG_4027.jpeg

IMG_4029.jpeg

IMG_4031.jpeg

IMG_4034.jpeg
they know they're safe now

And, in an (let’s make these rare) unrelated post, here’s the last five minutes of my life. It’s fricking Jurassic Park around here.

IMG_4027.jpeg

IMG_4029.jpeg

IMG_4031.jpeg

IMG_4034.jpeg
Are those wild turkeys? There’s been a population explosion in the US because they changed the laws on hunting and now their invading cities and stuff? Causing mayhem?

I was reading about them a couple of weeks ago.

Are those wild turkeys? There’s been a population explosion in the US because they changed the laws on hunting and now their invading cities and stuff? Causing mayhem?

I was reading about them a couple of weeks ago.
I don't know about "explosion" 😂😂😂😂..I'm in the heart of "wild turkeys"..no laws are different than the past.. 😂..one of the harder kills outside and I don't see a population in flux eating out of my garbage :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom