Autos v. Photos - A 5x5 No Rules Fight for Yield: A Jon & NickHardy Gig

Now he reminds me his tent is 9ft tall…

I mean that’s 12.5% advantage over me right there!

Happy Christmas all of you!

Much love,

Nick & Co

its all about the wattage .. More power Scotty now!!!

Hey @Jon!

And hey,

@InTheShed (judge - because he'll be annoyed at my presumptuousness, and yet another journal ❤️ )

The Jury

@Azimuth @Bill284 @Carmen Ray @Absorber @Wastei @Keffka @Gee64 @CaptainLucky @Lerugged @Tokin Roll @420 @Teddy Edwards @Cola Monster @KeithLemon @Kanno26

Jon - who'd I miss?

Rob/Teddy thank you for the site, me and Jon gonna smack talk friendly.

We both of us are real mates, anyone I send a set of brass balls to I consider a true friend.

Sorry Jon - the Dead didn't make it - I got lazy and used AI 😆 It was free and took like 30 minutes - powerful stuff!

On the grow front - I'm thinking 48 solos for me.

15 Apple Betty (bam ba lam!)
15 GSC
15 Bruce Banner #3
3 OG Kush

I just bought 5 new manifolds to water them with

Poke the Nick Hardy bear.....

With much love and silliness for the holiday season,

Nick & Co
Well this better be absolutely spectacular after the hype up of that video!!! 🤣

its all about the wattage .. More power Scotty now!!!

Speaking of which @Scottay !

Ha - wattage? Yeah I have options. Might use the 315CMG 6000k for veg. Finish 'em off with the 1000w LED with UV built in. Options!

Well this better be absolutely spectacular after the hype up of that video!!! 🤣

A life time of over promising and underdelivering me!

😂

Hey @NickHardy - okay, let’s discuss wattage. I need more than the 550 veg/680 flower at my disposal. So I’m adding the @ViparSpectra XS1500 Pros. The timing with the Skywalker finishing up is perfect. One on either side on a 45 degree angle downward or so. That’s give me 980 watts to play with. Heh.

Oh, and btw - Airpots fear me and scissors. I’m Christmas McGuyver. How you like me now?

IMG_3988.jpeg

IMG_3989.jpeg

IMG_3991.jpeg

IMG_3992.jpeg

Hey @NickHardy - okay, let’s discuss wattage. I need more than the 550 veg/680 flower at my disposal. So I’m adding the @ViparSpectra XS1500 Pros. The timing with the Skywalker finishing up is perfect. One on either side on a 45 degree angle downward or so. That’s give me 980 watts to play with. Heh.

Oh, and btw - Airpots fear me and scissors. I’m Christmas McGuyver. How you like me now?

IMG_3988.jpeg

IMG_3989.jpeg

IMG_3991.jpeg

IMG_3992.jpeg
Lol! mad man at work, sorry Nick i gotta stand with the auto guy

If there's no rules I think there's down to the seed popping lottery for the Auto(s) if Jon's gonna have a chance to win.

I'm ruling for the photo since there's no real rules like veg time etc. Environment and ceiling height will ultimately decide who's the winner.

All the best of luck! Cheers!

If there's no rules I think there's down to the seed popping lottery for the Auto(s) if Jon's gonna have a chance to win.

I'm ruling for the photo since there's no real rules like veg time etc. Environment and ceiling height will ultimately decide who's the winner.

Jon’s gonna try and mitigate about the lottery by popping more than 5. I suspect since its been his speciality he’ll be able to guess which might be the longer running phenos plus he could just put 40 in there and swap out to the best 5 for flower 🤣

Its what I’d do 😂

I think I have a huge advantage with photos though. I have Co2, 1000w - I’m in flower in that same tent now and its epic looking so kudos Jon for even suggesting it.

It’ll be no fun if one of us runs away with it though. Close games are the best. I haven’t decided my strain(s) yet.

I have a bunch of sativas arriving from @Table Mountain Sativa Co and some M.O.A.B - I’m rubbish at sativas. No patience 🤣

But then ooph!

When the seeds are all safely here I’ll decide. I have 25 Gorilla x Banner @Canuk Seeds as well but they’re regulars not sure I’m brave enough to try them first time and in a comp 😂

It’ll be fun though. Not many people I’d be so worried about some witchcraft winning. He’ll have something up his sleeve 🤣

Hope you all had a lovely day!

Ricky Gervais and bed for me. Nice end the day.

Speaking of which @Scottay !

Ha - wattage? Yeah I have options. Might use the 315CMG 6000k for veg. Finish 'em off with the 1000w LED with UV built in. Options!

A life time of over promising and underdelivering me!

😂

Hey Nick what is a 315 cmg, did you mean cmh? and i dont know 6000 k bulbs for cmh they have 3000, 3200, and 4100k bulbs never heard of the 6000 K ..

Hey Nick what is a 315 cmg, did you mean cmh? and i dont know 6000 k bulbs for cmh they have 3000, 3200, and 4100k bulbs never heard of the 6000 K ..
Sorry typo fat fingers!

3000, 3200k are “warm” white colours. Yellow like sun. 4200k is somewhere in the middle. 6000k is very “cold” white

Cold white is great for veg

Warm for flower.

Back in the day -still to this day to be fair the HPS bulbs would get changed at flip. CMH I think was what you used in veg as the science and tech improved as only 315w so lower power draw and thermal heat output at 600k then move rooms and put them under 3000k 1200w double ended HPS for flower.

I ran 315CMH 6000k for veg in a 4x4 then added a 1000w DE HPS for flower but then the bulb on the CMH broke.

Thank you Buddha!

It was hot, it was so bright - the Photon app gave up and said >3000PPFD when I took a reading and my local electricity substation and neighbourhood looked like this at 8am each motning:

Its in my #1 Skunkworks journal.

But huge commercial farms do this still over LEDs. Can hang then higher. Bigger spaces the HVAV is easier.

So yeah lower the K better for flower (think you can get 2800k even) Higher better for veg.

In a meeting with a massive massive light company arranging an order for two lots of twenty lights I once got it the wrong way round. The boss of the company was very gentle as she corrected me 😂

To get full spectrum 3000k and 5000k in an LED is a decent spread. Plus with the near and far reds

like 6 weeks of veg time..
Ha - I’m aiming for like Lent - 40 days pop to flip.
whats the prize for the winner of the grow?
None. Well unless this one thing.

I win we go Fenway. You win its Citizens Bear Park on me.

I’ll get myself to the relevant city. Got a bunch of air miles from pre covid left over 😅

What’s the law there? Can I vape at a ballgane 🤣

Jon?

Thanks @Wastei and happy holidays. I have a slight advantage there - my tent is 9’ to his 8’. Whether it’s enough to overcome photos - I doubt it. I just wanna be competitive.

whats the prize for the winner of the grow? veg time of 1 yr would help for more product maybe you
should have some rules .. like 6 weeks of veg time..

We decided together whatever veg time he wants. He’s only got 5x5x8. He can only veg for so long before he’s overgrown. I bet he won’t even get 60 days. I ain’t scairt. My autos give me almost that.

Ha - I’m aiming for like Lent - 40 days pop to flip.

None. Well unless this one thing.

I win we go Fenway. You win its Citizens Bear Park on me.

I’ll get myself to the relevant city. Got a bunch of air miles from pre covid left over 😅

What’s the law there? Can I vape at a ballgane 🤣

Jon?
We vape everywhere. What’s a law? Ok deal. Winner picks the park and loser buys the tickets. We split Bill’s - let’s treat him to the ticket and he can carry the rest. This is where being with the wheelchair guy helps you out. At CBP my area with a helper is on the first level! Heh. We could easily talk our way into an extra helper.

We vape everywhere. What’s a law? Ok deal. Winner picks the park and loser buys the tickets. We split Bill’s - let’s treat him to the ticket and he can carry the rest. This is where being with the wheelchair guy helps you out. At CBP my area with a helper is on the first level! Heh. We could easily talk our way into an extra helper.
I was gonna ask we get special seats 🤣

Its a deal. I think I can get to that part of the world next year.

Agreed.

We go dutch on the hotdogs - I meant weed vapes, not tobacco 😂

Back
Top Bottom