First, that looks mushy. I would agree on spraying. I would try milk first and if that doesn't work I would try other stuff. Milk can kill PM and it will worth a shot. I am sure you can find a milk recipe for foilar spray in the forums.

Glad to hear that LA is around. Make sure you go through his threads. When it comes to training I consider him a guru. I was reading his stuff 10 years ago and I still do.

About repotting, transplant whenever. I agree with you guys on 3-5x the prev. size though. I am just too lazy to transplant for several times. I have 2 different pot sizes and not prioritized pot shopping yet.

At this point, I would only keep the crown and trim the rest. I would grow this plant indoors with powerful LEDs. I would place them far from the canopy to get some extra stretch as I spread the tips. But I suggest trimming side branches slowly. Sometimes they grow very fast and worth keeping. I have witnessed some freaky asymmetry in several plants. You can go with 3 or 5 main nodes. The number doesn't need to be even. You can just pick the best parts to go up. Try to do trimming at one time to prevent continious stress. We should give some time to recover.

I would grow this plant indoors with powerful LEDs.
Not really an option right now. Plan was to have this girl outside. I was going to have her in the greenhouse but opted to give her more space to grow since my greenhouse is small and short.

I'll definitely look into the milk foliar spray. I was also researching the peroxide spray too. Not sure which way to go. Lol

Quick edit after doing some reading on the interwebs.
"Recognized by the United States EPA as an organic treatment for agricultural crops, hydrogen peroxide offers many benefits to gardeners."

Should I assume that I should trim those leaves with mold and do preventative spraying on the rest of that plant? Should I spray the others too, just in case? I will be trimming the affected leaves and spraying all of them to prevent further spread and doing preventative sprays moving forward. At the moment, due to its effectiveness, I will likely be choosing a diluted H202 solution.

Try to do trimming at one time to prevent continious stress.
Got it! I'll remember that for next time. I'll give them a few days and then do some more trimming. That will give the tops some more time to develop larger leaves as well.

Hey folks! It has been a nice start to the day. I hope you all have a great day too. About to getting started on a sh*t ton of gardening and random to-dos around the house. I have been fighting a nasty infection the past couple weeks and finally feeling I have more energy. I need to get out of this funk. Thankfully being in the garden helps my mind, heart, and soul. I also love reptiles and amphibians. I'll be spending some time caring for them as well...mainly cleaning up poop if we're being honest.

"Quick" update on the ladies and some wisdom requests please!

20200418_052230.jpg

These girls are looking happy but they are also feeling very light. I thought for sure they would be wilting/drooping by yesterday. I've been trying so damn hard to not water them! LMAO (I cannot confirm nor deny that I may or may not have had nightmares of @Emilya yelling at me for overwatering my plants).

I am prepping another compost tea this morning and I would prefer to feed them with that and drench them tomorrow. Do you think I should give them a little water today and then drench/full watering tomorrow? Or should I still wait longer until they actually start to droop?

I was also thinking of top dressing with nutrients that will take some time to break down. My logic is so that way by the time they get into their final pot, the roots and soil are primed and ready to accept the nutrients. Not sure if that's the right way to go about this though.

Another question, specifically about topping. Is it time yet? What do you think? How much longer would you have them in these pots? Would you top now or wait until their next transplant? My feeling is that the biggest ones will be ready for a 3 gallon possibly by next weekend. The little ones are not ready for it though. Possibly the biggest of the Do-Sa-Do twins could be topped but I may still wait for another node and even longer to transplant. Maybe 2 weeks or longer? Not sure on that either.
20200418_083027.jpg
20200418_083056.jpg
20200418_083109.jpg
20200418_083120.jpg

The Do-Sa-Do twins. I'm thinking the one of the right is ready for a top? Maybe not?
20200418_083206.jpg

I seriously need to get a little stake into this pot!
20200418_083134.jpg

Hey folks! It has been a nice start to the day. I hope you all have a great day too. About to getting started on a sh*t ton of gardening and random to-dos around the house. I have been fighting a nasty infection the past couple weeks and finally feeling I have more energy. I need to get out of this funk. Thankfully being in the garden helps my mind, heart, and soul. I also love reptiles and amphibians. I'll be spending some time caring for them as well...mainly cleaning up poop if we're being honest.

"Quick" update on the ladies and some wisdom requests please!

20200418_052230.jpg

These girls are looking happy but they are also feeling very light. I thought for sure they would be wilting/drooping by yesterday. I've been trying so damn hard to not water them! LMAO (I cannot confirm nor deny that I may or may not have had nightmares of @Emilya yelling at me for overwatering my plants).

I am prepping another compost tea this morning and I would prefer to feed them with that and drench them tomorrow. Do you think I should give them a little water today and then drench/full watering tomorrow? Or should I still wait longer until they actually start to droop?

I was also thinking of top dressing with nutrients that will take some time to break down. My logic is so that way by the time they get into their final pot, the roots and soil are primed and ready to accept the nutrients. Not sure if that's the right way to go about this though.

Another question, specifically about topping. Is it time yet? What do you think? How much longer would you have them in these pots? Would you top now or wait until their next transplant? My feeling is that the biggest ones will be ready for a 3 gallon possibly by next weekend. The little ones are not ready for it though. Possibly the biggest of the Do-Sa-Do twins could be topped but I may still wait for another node and even longer to transplant. Maybe 2 weeks or longer? Not sure on that either.
20200418_083027.jpg
20200418_083056.jpg
20200418_083109.jpg
20200418_083120.jpg

The Do-Sa-Do twins. I'm thinking the one of the right is ready for a top? Maybe not?
20200418_083206.jpg

I seriously need to get a little stake into this pot!
20200418_083134.jpg

It looks okay to top them :passitleft:

Plants are looking great! :Namaste:
Thanks man! Been trying to not love them to death. LOL. What do you think of a light watering with nutes? And then a full drench tomorrow evening after my tea is done brewing?

Before I do anything, I'm going to weigh a dry pot that is the same size and then weigh each pot and see where I'm at. I need to really learn how to properly get my wet/dry cycle.

Here are the weight results. I gave them a light foliar feeding. I did not top them yet either. Need to show you all some pics and highlight where I think I should top them.

Dry weight of 1 gallon pot was 20 oz
Current weight of the girls is:
Strawberry banana = 32.7 oz
Do-Sa-Do #1 = 27.3 oz
Do-Sa-Do #2 = 29.6 oz
Romulan = 29.5 oz
GG4 = 26.5 oz
Purple Punch = 29.1 oz

Seems to me they can probably wait another day or two before watering.

Thanks man! Been trying to not love them to death. LOL. What do you think of a light watering with nutes? And then a full drench tomorrow evening after my tea is done brewing?

Before I do anything, I'm going to weigh a dry pot that is the same size and then weigh each pot and see where I'm at. I need to really learn how to properly get my wet/dry cycle.
It depends when you last fed I would say and how you are doing your tea. I’d do a third the normal nute load on a small watering and then tea up with 15% run-off.
:morenutes:

I’m all caught up now, ready to follow along. 100% ready to be topped IMO.
:high-five:
Awesome! Welcome. Appreciate the wisdom. I'll post pics in a little bit. Some of these tops have me a little confused. Haaa haaaa. I want to make sure I take off the right parts.

What are your plans for the plants? As in what kind of training are you looking to do with them?

Honestly...I'm open to suggestions. I don't have any experience with these genetics. I still don't have much growing experience either. Lol

I'll let you know where my thought was on each one based on basic research that I was able to find online about their typical growth patterns.

I was really excited about finding a Purple Punch! I plan to finish her in a 15 gallon. I was thinking of topping her, let her recover and fill up the 1 gallon some more then go into a 3 gallon in like a week or two. In the 3, I was thinking of topping some more if it makes sense to. From there into a 7 and then when I get her into the 15, I wanted to try a method I saw on YouTube of a grower that slowly starts bending the tops of the main branches back 45° north. It opens up the rest of the plant to the southern light. Tops start to blowup from the lower canopy. I'm not sure what that method is called. I could find the video if you're interested in seeing it.

The GG#4 will likely be going into a 10 gallon. I would like to keep her on the short side (4-5ft*ish). These can get tall right? I would like as many tops as possible without getting a monster plant. I was thinking of doing some supercropping when I get her into the final pot. I'm not sure what to do with her until then.

The Romulan is supposed to stay short and stalky so I was thinking of practicing the SCROG method. I've never done it and a few sites recommend this method for this strain. Figured I might as well try it. I have a dedicated space for it outside where it will get plenty of air and sun. From what I have read, it can form dense buds which don't do well with too much humidity. It will be going into a 5 gallon.

The Strawberry Banana, from what I have read can get up to 6 feet. I would like to get her to stay at around 4ft*ish and keep her inside my greenhouse. This strain likes higher Mediterranean humidity so configured that would be a good spot for her. I was thinking of supercropping to keep her short and wide. I'll probably use a bunch of bamboo poles for keeping her tied down. Probably going to finish her in a 7 gallon.

Now for the Do-Sa-Do twins...I have no idea why Dark Heart Nursery spelled it that way. Literally everywhere else it is spelled Do-Si-Dos. Anyway, I'm just going with what is on the label. I've gone back and forth on what I should do with them. I wanted to do something drastically different with each one to compare the final results (yield, flavor, etc.). I am hoping to keep them relatively short (4ft*ish) so I can put them in the greenhouse too. I'll be finishing them in a 5 gallon.

Are these the correct spots to top them? And if anybody thinks I should not top them, please share your opinion and help me understand your logic. Thanks for your help folks!

Screenshot_20200418-195758_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200418-195917_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200418-200143_Gallery.jpg

Looking good! Hope you don't mind if I tag along!

A quick thought on your issues with the early leaves. What type of light did they have them under to clone? It is likely the switch from that to mostly sunlight could of had a big effect, they needed to harden off a bit. The new growth is adjusted to the new light levels and growing good, so the old leaves will just have their nutrient "sinks" used up and then fall off. If the new growth is doing good, the old leaves can be removed (like you did)

Since you are outdoors, I wouldn't worry about trimming too much off the bottom other than to keep everything off of the soil as long as you keep good air circulation around them and trimming as need to aid in how you decide to train them.

For watering I have found that these things need significantly less water than my tomatoes do. I have found that letting them go completely dry an inch or so down before watering keeps them pretty happy.

Keep it up, you are doing great! Cig

Looking good! Hope you don't mind if I tag along!
Thanks Cig! Yeah, I'm glad you're joining. Any time you see an issue or have an opinion, it will be valued with an open mind!

A quick thought on your issues with the early leaves. What type of light did they have them under to clone? It is likely the switch from that to mostly sunlight could of had a big effect, they needed to harden off a bit. The new growth is adjusted to the new light levels and growing good, so the old leaves will just have their nutrient "sinks" used up and then fall off. If the new growth is doing good, the old leaves can be removed (like you did)

I bought these from the dispensary where they were under led lights. I brought them from that into my greenhouse. I think you're right. I did not harden them off at all I guess. They got shocked. Makes sense!

For watering I have found that these things need significantly less water than my tomatoes do. I have found that letting them go completely dry an inch or so down before watering keeps them pretty happy.

Keep it up, you are doing great! Cig

Yeah, I have been trying hard to not overwater them. They did get a drench today with compost tea. It was maybe a day or two too early if we're being honest. LOL. I don't think it will cause much harm. What do you think?

I'll likely top a couple tomorrow morning and allow them the opportunity to heal up throughout the day with the sunshine. I was supposed to do it this morning and I have no idea how I totally forgot. Anyway...time to for some dinner and rest. It's been a long day. Good night 420 and everyone enjoy their 4/20/20 tomorrow!

I think you should be good on the watering and feeding. Sounds like they were pretty close to needing it.
Yeah, they looked all droopy and sad about an hour after the drench. Opened up the greenhouse this morning and every one of them was perky and praying up! They looked amazing! I'll get some pics later. Seems like an appropriate day to get pic updates on all the plants.

I wanted to get these posted yesterday but stuff came up. I wanted to take some time to get some nicer model shots for the 420 photo contest but couldn't get it done in time. Such is life...so here are some quick update pics after yesterday's compost tea drench and light foliar feed. I STILL have not topped them either.

When is the best time to top a plant? Before or after a feeding? AM or PM? Any advice welcome.

I hope everyone had a great 420 yesterday!

Strawberry Banana
20200420_175928.jpg

Do-Sa-Do #1
20200420_175910.jpg

Do-Sa-Do #2
20200420_175849.jpg

Gorilla Glue #4
20200420_175452.jpg

Romulan
20200420_175811.jpg

Purple Punch
20200420_175827.jpg