BeezLuiz & Liquidintel's Outdoor Grow 2018

It's been a busy weekend here, sorry about the lack of updates. So regarding the Dream Queen yellow leaves, I went to my grow supply store to get more nutes (to address nitrogen deficiency). The manager there seemed to think it was more of a pH issue, so I double checked the pH of the runoff from under the pot. It seemed just about right (between 6.0 and 6.5).

Then I mentioned that my feeding schedule was alternating days of nutes and plain hose water. I explained that I give each plant a gallon of nutrients. He seemed surprised that I only give them 1 gallon since they are in 20 gallon pots. So... maybe I am just "under feeding" them. Now I'm doubling up the feeding to 2 gallons for each plant, and for Dream Queen I am bumping up the part A (3-0-3) nutrient.

We'll see how that goes -- I'm hopeful.

I guess I'll be heading back to the supply store to buy more nutrients. Mixing up 8 gallons every other day is gonna blow through my current supply. LOL

Well, Blueberry Muffin had a nice 7-day dry in the shed, and yesterday we inspected, manicured, and then jarred her.

Dry Shed 01a.jpg

We had a minor issue of bud rot on some of the buds, so from an abundance of concern, we tossed approx 1.5 ounces of potentially affected weed. Really it was so small, I needed a magnifying glass to see most of it, but @Liquidintel was insistent that none of the bad stuff gets mixed in with the good.
We still ended up with a pretty good yield: A total of 9.89 oz (3 grams shy of 10 oz) of flower and approx 2 oz of trim!

Look to the new leaves to see if the increased nutes does the trick w/ the DQ, because the yellow leaves will stay that way.

I'm always a bit skeptical of adding nutes at the levels rec'd by grow supply places or nute manufacturers, because both are in the biz of selling more product, but doing is the best way to find out. Plus all plants are different, as you've already found out.

Since your other plants are doing wonderfully, I don't think I'd bump up their nutes. The usual: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well, Blueberry Muffin had a nice 7-day dry in the shed, and yesterday we inspected, manicured, and then jarred her.

Dry Shed 01a.jpg

We had a minor issue of bud rot on some of the buds, so from an abundance of concern, we tossed approx 1.5 ounces of potentially affected weed. Really it was so small, I needed a magnifying glass to see most of it, but @Liquidintel was insistent that none of the bad stuff gets mixed in with the good.
We still ended up with a pretty good yield: A total of 9.89 oz (3 grams shy of 10 oz) of flower and approx 2 oz of trim!
Beautiful harvest! & yep, it's not a bad idea to err on the side of not including any bit of potential rot, a little bit can not only make it taste funky, but also has the potential to spread in the cure.

The excluded bud can be used to make hash, though. Or even smoked. Just won't taste the best.

Wonderful work!

Look to the new leaves to see if the increased nutes does the trick w/ the DQ, because the yellow leaves will stay that way.

I'm always a bit skeptical of adding nutes at the levels rec'd by grow supply places or nute manufacturers, because both are in the biz of selling more product, but doing is the best way to find out. Plus all plants are different, as you've already found out.

Since your other plants are doing wonderfully, I don't think I'd bump up their nutes. The usual: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Excellent advice!

OK, I don't know how I missed this until now, but I just saw this on the Dark Heart Nursery web page that my clone came from:
Dream Queen 11a.jpg

Looks like the next plant getting ready for harvest is Blackberry Fire.

I think I might begin the "flush" on her. The hairs are quickly turning color. Maybe close to 50% now. Hard to say because some parts of the plant are turning faster than others. What do you all think?

Thanks! So just to be clear, probably a week or two to harvest, so start flush in a couple days?:drool:

I'll counsel again, to take some down before peak, as earlier harvest are more upper & often stonier. Peak strength ain't always the best buzz. But do the experiment:

Take a coupla buds down now & harvest the rest at peak strength & after the cure, do a a) vs. b) comparison to see what you like.

Flushing ain't critical & is fairly controversial: A critical look at preharvest flushing

Most people flush as a matter of habit, not because the scientific basis is sound. I've got a strong professional background in soil & water interactions & there's no sound basis for flushing. Water, soil, and plants do NOT work in the way imagined by flushing proponents.

But on the flip side, flushing for a week is not likely to hurt much.

Shouldn't hurt at the very end of the plants life cycle but a flush done to early could slow down growth and final yield.
Absolutely agreed!

Back
Top Bottom