Big Buddha Cheese Clones! Pheno Hunt 2022 Grow 2 Student Level: Indoor, Soil, LED

Yeah that's it plus if it's something you like you don't have to start from scratch! I have some autos to try once my big T is clear but flush and dry willbe another month yet!
yea hopefully the strains I chose allow me to do a smooth perpetual system where I'm harvesting one tent a month that's the goal anyway.
I've never tried autos I have some old seeds of a couple I wanted to try but I need to do more research on them before I commit to dropping a seed.
Which auto strains do you have?

Mate I didn't see this
yea hopefully the strains I chose allow me to do a smooth perpetual system where I'm harvesting one tent a month that's the goal anyway.
I've never tried autos I have some old seeds of a couple I wanted to try but I need to do more research on them before I commit to dropping a seed.
Which auto strains do you have?

Mate I didn't see this reply!
One haverst a month would be sweet! I think that would be a part time job itself 🤣

Yeah I have been reading and watching alot on them (homework 🙄) 🤣
I have 3x blackberry kush and 3x mimosa x orange punch to try out. Then I have a few odds (freebies) I may try if their successful.. really want to swap tents back over lol but I'm too inpatient 🤣 rather the bigger one to find my beloved cheese next year!

One week later they have just been plodding along. All roots are out the bottom and haven't had to water then yet also soil is complete so will check the ec in a week or so. just pulled the light a bit closer and topped 4 of them today will do the other three in a few days.
Decided not to train them as I want them a bit taller this time round. ✌️✌️✌️

PXL_20221105_133811887.jpg

PXL_20221105_133807320.jpg
I myself have a buddha strain with the blue cheese an all time favourite that can't be forgotten :). Nice looking plants you have there. Good work

Little updat guys I have been working alot only getting a quick nose in on my garden right now.. everybody is happy at the moment.. tall ones are getting a little light burn so raised the lights a little. Smaller ones are just bushing out like their mothers did. I think one is showing potassium deficiency but could possibly be as she was last to transplant so will be watching her 🧐 once she starts showing healthy growth I will top the sorts & supercrop the talls then flower a couple of weeks later.

I've also been out gathering little upgrades to my garden like tall oscillating fans, a second diffuseair, curing jars, twin fan controller, heat humidity controller and new carbon filter as my phresh one seems to be mighty shit!
Obviously the mothers are few weeks till harvest so I won't make and changes untill their curing but next round should be alot healthier.

Here's Couple of pics of the clones.. will clean the room out and rearrange them once I get time.
PXL_20221126_211658530.jpg
PXL_20221126_211146277.jpg

And here's a bud from one of the mothers.. they was very stressed but pulling through.

PXL_20221126_210811918.jpg

PXL_20221126_210758438.jpg

I myself have a buddha strain with the blue cheese an all time favourite that can't be forgotten :). Nice looking plants you have there. Good work

Thanks mate, Definitely agree with you but although still nice I just can't find the quality smell, flavour and strength like it used to be! This is my challenge.
I have been watching your garden from the start mate and Ur 2 look flawless looking forward to the next few weeks 👌🏼

Thanks mate, Definitely agree with you but although still nice I just can't find the quality smell, flavour and strength like it used to be! This is my challenge.
I have been watching your garden from the start mate and Ur 2 look flawless looking forward to the next few weeks 👌🏼
Thanks bro appreciate the positive vibes and for me al defo be doing at least 1 on my next run I did grow this strain quite a few years back thru a coco grow and I hardly knew what I was doing lol it still tasted unbelievable! So this time round im hoping I can 10x the taste and smell.

Thanks bro appreciate the positive vibes and for me al defo be doing at least 1 on my next run I did grow this strain quite a few years back thru a coco grow and I hardly knew what I was doing lol it still tasted unbelievable! So this time round im hoping I can 10x the taste and smell.

Good to hear as that's pretty much where I'm at will be chuffed with a half decent result, this is my second attempt but already looking forward to next year's as theirs some changes to be made!

Good to hear as that's pretty much where I'm at will be chuffed with a half decent result, this is my second attempt but already looking forward to next year's as theirs some changes to be made!
Onto bigger and better things I hope mate all the best to you and al be following along for sure

Hope all is well and gardens are flourishing!!
My ladies just are plodding along.. yesterday they got plain ph'ed water the smalle ones haven't dried out enough yet so no water and just waiting on them to so some better growth.
Today I Hoovered them out and rearranged them for easier access. The 3 medium plants was topped a few times. The 2 lanky plants was super cropped and then topped twice
The 2 smaller plants are small lol & slow just waiting on roots and visible grow but they will stay untrained just some Defoliation..

My tent is getting quite cold as it's right next to a door with a draft so will have to get my heater mounted close or a drought extractor.

Not so plant related I strapped a pump to a bucket today with some air stones so when I mix my tap and ro water I can air out the rest of the chlorine.

PXL_20221129_114702076.jpg
PXL_20221129_125232274.jpg

Have a blessed day people ✌️

I'm back! with some funny news 🤦🏽‍♂️
Last time I watered I noticed my pH & ec was both high so I done something everyone els does first thing and check what was in my soil 😂 And that's not even the funny part as it's not even soil 😂😂 let's see what little it told me about my not soil.

Screenshot_20221204-114519.png

So my coir compost isn't doing bad for being treated like soil my first plants made it but grow slowly. My pH in was always 6.5 and I only watered twice a week 😂
I read a few things on coir and it basically explained what was happening to my first grow and why.

Screenshot_20221204-120042-1.jpg

So at this point I'm thinking to flush them to bring their ec/ppm back down then start, watering pH 5.8 and upping the watering to once per day instead of twice per week and see how they react. If they behave I will flip them.

So for under watered plants with the worst vpd I think their doing great.

PXL_20221204_220556653.jpg

✌️✌️

I'm back! with some funny news 🤦🏽‍♂️
Last time I watered I noticed my pH & ec was both high so I done something everyone els does first thing and check what was in my soil 😂 And that's not even the funny part as it's not even soil 😂😂 let's see what little it told me about my not soil.

Screenshot_20221204-114519.png

So my coir compost isn't doing bad for being treated like soil my first plants made it but grow slowly. My pH in was always 6.5 and I only watered twice a week 😂
I read a few things on coir and it basically explained what was happening to my first grow and why.

Screenshot_20221204-120042-1.jpg

So at this point I'm thinking to flush them to bring their ec/ppm back down then start, watering pH 5.8 and upping the watering to once per day instead of twice per week and see how they react. If they behave I will flip them.

So for under watered plants with the worst vpd I think their doing great.

PXL_20221204_220556653.jpg

✌️✌️
How much was the bag you bought? And what size bro? If it's coco I used to use Cannas coco, really nice and fluffy and daily watering is no issue.

How much was the bag you bought? And what size bro? If it's coco I used to use Cannas coco, really nice and fluffy and daily watering is no issue.

It's definitely not Coco as I'm sure that's the first thing they would advertise on the bag plus it's half the price. Think it was 7 for 50L lol after my last pot up I gave the rest to my Mrs for her garden and said I'll definitely not be using that ever again 🤣 now I'm thinking if I treat this like coir and it behaves I might try one more run 😂😂

It's definitely not Coco as I'm sure that's the first thing they would advertise on the bag plus it's half the price. Think it was 7 for 50L lol after my last pot up I gave the rest to my Mrs for her garden and said I'll definitely not be using that ever again 🤣 now I'm thinking if I treat this like coir and it behaves I might try one more run 😂😂
Wow it may not need to be watered everyday if it's not coco then. Ide be careful with that if it holds moisture like soil it may take 2 3 days to soak thru depending on the volume you put thru it.

Wow it may not need to be watered everyday if it's not coco then. Ide be careful with that if it holds moisture like soil it may take 2 3 days to soak thru depending on the volume you put thru it.
Yeah of course bro it's all in the technique some treat coir like soil some like hydro it's very versatile and forgiving but my twice a week watering has caused issues explained in something I read and was bang on.. I may not watering daily right away possibly every other day with plenty of run off so I'm not just building up. But we will see what the plants think and also find a balance in my ec in/out and go from there. Definitely goin to be more labour with my set up but if it works well later I may try a drain system.

Yeah of course bro it's all in the technique some treat coir like soil some like hydro it's very versatile and forgiving but my twice a week watering has caused issues explained in something I read and was bang on.. I may not watering daily right away possibly every other day with plenty of run off so I'm not just building up. But we will see what the plants think and also find a balance in my ec in/out and go from there. Definitely goin to be more labour with my set up but if it works well later I may try a drain system.
True mate and also what nutes people use. Like me using the biobizz range no need to water til run off and heading into mid flower im giving mine 4 litres every 3rd morning and theyre loving it so every setup has to be tailored around the plants needs at the stage they're at. Keep going strong brother

So yesterday seemed a bad luck day! I flushed all my plants with 5L of plain ph'ed water each and a though they loved it I didn't.. my two tents are in a small room which I have taken a photo of my youngest to show the space I was working with between them but on two occasions when lifting the plant off the tray the whole tray of run off poured over my lap 🤦🏽‍♂️😂😂 I was furious! Especially twice!

PXL_20221206_122951895.jpg

But besides the floods I got a reading of where my plants are at. On average between them my pH is 7 to 8 so cought them just in time and although I haven't fed them my ec is around 1 for 4 of them and 3 for the rest so they will get another flush.
I should have flipped them already but finding out I'm not in soil I need to see I have the pH and ec under control before I do.

I will be at my storage Friday to see what I can piece together for a automatic watering system as it's full of equipment I was given years ago and I couldn't sell it but now glad I didn't. Planning on a daily or every other day water and drain to keep my pH and ec in check.

What's left of their mothers will get the snip today and hung! Knowing what I do now I'm so surprised they gave me anything! Just can't wait to try my first product 😂

Ok nothing really to update except the fact I'm getting impatient 😩 might do some more topping for fun as I'm still waiting to flip. 3 plants still need one more flush then I can start to feed them nutes the rest may get a light feed for now.

So after some smoking and planning I have managed to sort a few bits out to get a drain to waste system going. I found 4 in tank pumps, ½inch tubing and connectors, timers and containers in my storage.. then cut up a metal cage to make a raised floor with. Tonight I will order the final bits to be with me by Monday 🤞🏼.
The plan is:
Feed
Large storage (Res) containers in-between my tents with pump heater and food
Pump into tent straight down the middle in ½inch with stop end
Splice ¼ inch tubing into manifold twice per pot as a ring.
Support ring with soil spikes.
Cut two T pieces into ¼inch ring to fit two jets.

Waste.
run two pieces of 2x4 down my tent to sit the cage on.
Drill holes in the bottom of the plant trays and glue a 1/2inch barb to it.
Run tubing from the trays drain barb through cage to a single manifold.
Manifold will go into a small sealed container holding a pump.
Pump water out of tent to waste bucket.

Will set up the taming for ever other day at lights on for now.. Hopefully it works so I can get these into flower and flourish rather them survive like the last time 🤣

Still looking healthy ish concidering
PXL_20221209_205754020.jpg

✌️✌️

Progress! Yesterday I put my irrigation system together and ran it manually, a few tweaks and timers need sorting out but it worked well.

I started by building a manifold with a stop either end to adjust flow and drilled holes in my trays to fit some 90 degree bends for drainage. I then cut a length of pipe to run from the bend into a collection tray.

PXL_20221212_141645476.jpg

PXL_20221212_154502463.jpg

PXL_20221212_154524153.jpg
PXL_20221212_161106587.jpg

Then I managed to cut a couple of cages up and sat them on some 2x4 to raise the floor which fitted pretty well. Once in I cable tied my manifold down the middle with the feed pipe out the tents vent.

PXL_20221212_172909462.jpg

Finally I ran a drain pipes to a saucer with a pump wedged between the cage floor and saucer luckily if was a snug fit.. also connected the jets to the feed lines. Both food and waste are 20l buckets at the moment outside the tent.

PXL_20221212_213958149.jpg

PXL_20221212_224018930.jpg

Being half way through this grow I'll only try getting the watering timing set up now and possibly get a larger feed bucket.

Hopefully this helps and I can get this grow finished 🤞🏼 I will start with watering every other day full feed with plenty of run off after a few feed days see where my pH/ec is at if it's ok it's flower time! 🙏

The battle of the medium continues.
As this is my last run in this tent before my holiday I'm determined to beat this medium and get a decent harvest..
Todays feed wil be the third feeding of full feed every other day, their reaction and my run off results Will determine if they finally get flipped this weekend. So far they did show signs of over watering but the pH and ec has improved if they are even better today they will be flipped and I will continue to water with run off but everything third day untill they need it.

Lastly my big room is drying now and on the second week so my lung room has low temps of around 60f so these ladies in veg are at minimum temps which I will change ASAP.

Here they are still battling on.

PXL_20221216_081137106.jpg

✌️

The battle of the medium continues.
As this is my last run in this tent before my holiday I'm determined to beat this medium and get a decent harvest..
Todays feed wil be the third feeding of full feed every other day, their reaction and my run off results Will determine if they finally get flipped this weekend. So far they did show signs of over watering but the pH and ec has improved if they are even better today they will be flipped and I will continue to water with run off but everything third day untill they need it.

Lastly my big room is drying now and on the second week so my lung room has low temps of around 60f so these ladies in veg are at minimum temps which I will change ASAP.

Here they are still battling on.

PXL_20221216_081137106.jpg

✌️
OK I've been absent far too long my apologies!
You've sure been busy brother!
It looks freaking awesome in here!
All things considered if I saw a picture and hadn't read your journal, I would think things were 100% dialed in!
Love the work you've been putting in for sure keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom