Dutchman’s Pheno Hunt!

Great buds and journal Dutch. Great job all around. :bravo:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Bud Washing!
-A how to video-

What’s going on everyone! I’ve finally got the bud washing video done and uploaded so here it is! It’s my first attempt at an instructional video with my speaking so be gentle but let me know what you think haha !!

Stay Clean! Stay Medicated!
Great voice! Just saying. Thanks for the video... I maybe using it!

Dutch hasn't been here for ages, so I'll tell you what I do.

I hand-pull most of the fans off starting a few days before harvest to make life easier on the day. Then I cut, wash, rinse, shake, and line dry in the shade while they drip. I try to start trimming by late afternoon so the remaining leaves don't droop onto the flowers, since that makes trimming much harder.

Also...get a good pair of trimmers if you don't have them yet. More than one if your friends are coming over to help!

So you wet trim first then bud wash?
I have done it both ways. Wet trimming makes it a neater and cleaner job. Depends also on how much you are doing. I never wet trim my outdoor stuff other than my normal processes because of timing of harvest / my schedule.

I have done it both ways. Wet trimming makes it a neater and cleaner job. Depends also on how much you are doing. I never wet trim my outdoor stuff other than my normal processes because of timing of harvest / my schedule.
I find that wet trimming is necessary for outdoor harvests, so you will actually look at each bud and examine it for pests (caterpillars especially) or rot, both of which can destroy the harvest unseen in the dark during the drying.

I find that wet trimming is necessary for outdoor harvests, so you will actually look at each bud and examine it for pests (caterpillars especially) or rot, both of which can destroy the harvest unseen in the dark during the drying.

Totally understand. My outdoor crop would get wet trimmed if I had the time :ganjamon:

I am simply saying that for someone like me, a gradual trim at the start and mid way through helps eliminate my need for it (for the most part). I regularly spray for pests and mold so it normally isn't a problem unless I grow in the woods or we get truckloads of rain

Back
Top Bottom