Dutchman’s Pheno Hunt!

Looking good sir, real good. That Pink Kush 3 should pack a punch by the looks of her!
As Pennywise was saying, Pink Kush had been a popular strain in some parts quite a few years ago. I used to get some through an online "dispensary" about 10 years ago that was freaking incredible, they stocked it as consistently as they could but I think she was sold out pretty fast usually. Since I've been growing my own the last few years paying for weed seems foolish, but I'd still pay for that weed! The stickiest, stinkiest most flavourful nugs mmm.. My tolerance is and has always been pretty high, but this stuff would have me wondering whether I should finish the joint or not about halfway through.. Just pure skeleton melting physical and mental euphoria.

Looking good sir, real good. That Pink Kush 3 should pack a punch by the looks of her!
As Pennywise was saying, Pink Kush had been a popular strain in some parts quite a few years ago. I used to get some through an online "dispensary" about 10 years ago that was freaking incredible, they stocked it as consistently as they could but I think she was sold out pretty fast usually. Since I've been growing my own the last few years paying for weed seems foolish, but I'd still pay for that weed! The stickiest, stinkiest most flavourful nugs mmm.. My tolerance is and has always been pretty high, but this stuff would have me wondering whether I should finish the joint or not about halfway through.. Just pure skeleton melting physical and mental euphoria.
That sounds exciting and exactly the kind of knockout effects I’m looking for in my Pink! Smoke test on #2 will be fun but I have a feeling my #3 Pheno will be the winner!

I know you had it in for four days, but how? Was it tumbling? Low setting? I tried to find if I missed a post but didn't see anything.
Thanks Dutch.

Were there any wrinkles when it was done?

Wrinkle free and full of terpenes and trichomes! I’ll be posting pictures tomorrow!

Drying in the dryer sounds really interesting looking forward to tomorrow's pics. My brother in law use to dry his on screens sitting on a box fan for the initial dry then would move them to paper bags to slow the drying process. Then to jars for the final cure.

The pink kush looks amazing Dutch :drool:

Dutch you're inspiring! Great pictures and the plants look amazing too. I'm curious about the dryer too, sounds like an interesting idea. During the early to mid summer I was able to jar buds pretty quick within 4-5 days. Just lucky in my environment, no real humidity that early in the year here.

:thumb:

Drying in the dryer sounds really interesting looking forward to tomorrow's pics. My brother in law use to dry his on screens sitting on a box fan for the initial dry then would move them to paper bags to slow the drying process. Then to jars for the final cure.

The pink kush looks amazing Dutch :drool:
Thanks N420! I’ll be posting lots of pics today for sure and a good detailed smoke report!

Dutch you're inspiring! Great pictures and the plants look amazing too. I'm curious about the dryer too, sounds like an interesting idea. During the early to mid summer I was able to jar buds pretty quick within 4-5 days. Just lucky in my environment, no real humidity that early in the year here.

:thumb:
That’s great Age and thank you for the kind words! I had my last round of girls drying for 14days before jarring so to be able to produce meds sooner and place them into the cure is awesome!

Did any of your Pink Kush show any pink pistils?
Unfortunately no none of the pistils were pink but Pink #1 has very pink/red undertones in her buds and Pink #3 has some pinkish tints in her trichomes so more colour may start to come out!

Pink Kush #2
Dryer results and smoke report!

So after 88hrs in the dryer I’ve got some finished ready to cure or smoke buds of my Pink Kush #2

She went into the jar last night and this morning when I check she was balanced out nicely around 58%. I like my weed for rosin so I added in the Boveda 62% and within an hour it levelled out there!

The buds are all evenly dry and have a perfect texture to them. I didn’t notice any loss in terpenes or THC during the drying and infact I found the dryer helped maintain a more consistent dry.... which of course is the point of this dryer!

Now after sitting in the jar for almost a day the smells have really developed and it’s fantastic! Black licorice and spicey vanilla smells and flavours she turned out beautifully.

Smooth on the inhale with a fast and very strong cerebral high! I felt a great pain relief right away and I can tell after a big joint or some dabs this girl will be great sleep meds!

Pink Kush #2 hit a lot of the right notes and has a really great high. Tight buds with a healthy layer of trichomes and the plant structure was strong. She may be a contender for a spot in the mother room but who knows until I sample the other 2x Pink Kush Phenos!

I’m really looking forward to working this dryer more and sampling some more buds. I’m going to do a side by side from one of these plants with dryer and hang dried buds to see how the comparison is!

I will leave you with some pictures

Also a video for those inclined to watch!

Stay Medicated

If I remember correctly, SweetSue switched from low and slow to her dehydrator for a while, saying the results were just as good in much less time. Great results Dutch!
Thanks Shed! I’m pleased with the results and have a bunch more plants coming down soon to do more tests on! More results and pictures to come in the future for sure!

Awesome Dutch. I was checking them out and will send you some questions over the next few days.
Good job!
Absolutely my brother anything you need just ask away! I’ll be stacking and racking it up with this next harvest! Can’t wait!

Update
Sept 26

Pheno Hunt Group 2
Day - 146 / Flower Day - 61

Pheno Hunt Group 3
Day - 15

Ok so I’ve got a quick update here this evening but I was pretty excited so I felt the need to share lol!

First exciting thing is the CBD Auto Blue Sharks are both above ground and seem to be off to a good start! Nestled in behind the other seedlings who are on day 15 and getting big!

And then a quick visit to the 3x3 and this is where the real excitement is! I have seen it a few times around places but have never had the joy to experience it myself until now! My Purple Queen #3 Pheno is expressing PURPLE trichomes! Such beautiful colours and oh so cool!

Now I do have a question for anyone that can help!

How can you tell if a purple Trichome is ready !? Will it go amber over the purple or is the purple showing the same expression as an amber trichome would? Either way I’m really excited to get to see this first hand and see how she turns out!

Keep safe and Stay Medicated!

The Purple thricomes sure look good nice job of the close up shots of them never seen Purple thricomes in a pic like that.

That's a very healthy group of seedlings your rockin it Dutch!

Great ? Dutch. I was wondering the same until I got to the end and read you're on it.
Yea I’m really curious to find out if when they are going purple is that then showing their readiness?!

Pics or it didn't happen...

[edit: foiled by the edit!]
Haha! I posted it and then looked at it and thought to myself well that doesn’t look right:hmmmm: so I had to do a quick edit lol!

The Purple thricomes sure look good nice job of the close up shots of them never seen Purple thricomes in a pic like that.

That's a very healthy group of seedlings your rockin it Dutch!
I was surprised to see them as well but very excited ! They are oh so pretty
:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom