Blue mud dobber

Tootie

I have some kind of wasp in my room . Every day I will see one or two . Usually I will kill them there easy to get close to and smash . I have not seen no nest in dirt or anywhere else. Believe they are called blue mud robbers or black wasp . I was wondering if they are harmful to my plants ?

Hi Tootie,

Welcome to 420 Magazine!

As Ricorico has correctly and very humorously I might add stated, they only eat spiders and won't harm your plants.

Be well and happy growing.

Thank you for your comments . I was wondering about their larvae but I believe they live off the dead carcasses they are laid in.?

Good that they prey on black widows! They are sure scary looking bees. LOL I have a different variety of the mud dauber that gets huge.
The nests they take over look like a bunch of small cannoli's bunched together.:laughtwo:

Here's wikepedia:
The blue mud dauber is a metallic blue species of mud dauber wasp that preys primarily on black widow spiders.[2] It does not build a nest, but uses nests abandoned by other mud dauber wasps. Like other mud daubers, it is rarely aggressive.[2]

Back
Top Bottom