Blueberry Canuk & Euphoria Royal Queen - Organic Soil - CFL Only - First Grow

Apparently mine is from switching from my veg nutrients to my flower nutrients before my plants had completed their stretch where they still need the nitrogen.

What's the N-P-K of your bloom mix ?

Mine should be : 2.5 - 7.5 - 4.5 when I'll flip. (some mix of grow+bloom+catalyst)
For now, in grow : 6 - 3 - 3 (Just some mix of Grow+Catalyst)

I guess my nute mix will be half the N as it is in grow. Did your mix have a lower proportion of N than that ?

Apparently mine is from switching from my veg nutrients to my flower nutrients before my plants had completed their stretch where they still need the nitrogen.

Seems right. From what i read here,
Nitrogen deficiencies always affect the oldest, lowest leaves first. If the yellowing leaves are at the top of your plant or the yellow leaves are mostly new growth, then you probably don't have a nitrogen deficiency.

In my case, the oldest leaves are the darkest and thickest. The yellowing is on the top new growth.
Pretty shure its a bad absorption of Zinc/Iron due to a PH that went over 7.0

I read also that zinc/iron deficiency may take some time to fix itself, and leaves already affected may not completely reverse color.
It was suggested to flush with plain PH water... but I think my case is not critical, and I'll continue what I was doing for today's watering...

Watering and Nutes :I've been augmenting the nutes slowly. Last time, 2 days ago, I was at about 75% of the smallest dosage recommended by Earthjuice.
==> Ex: Their recommended range is 4.0 to 8.0 ml per litre, I gave 3ml/l.

I think i'd go straight to like 6.0ml/l, witch would be in the midlle of recommendations.

What do y'all think ? THANKS !!!

I started using full strength EJ following their "Advanced Feeding Chart" at about 26 days from seed. I've been feeding them every time I water. I'm at 67 days now and they seem to love it so far.

EarthJuiceChart.jpg

I started using full strength EJ following their "Advanced Feeding Chart" at about 26 days from seed. I've been feeding them every time I water. I'm at 67 days now and they seem to love it so far.

Hi MF, yeah I read previously that you did see a drop in PH, tried to UP it, then just went with it, and your plants were fine, right ?
Maybe I shouldn't mess with the Limestone and the the PH alone. But I'm stubborn.

I already prepared my mix earlier, but I tried to keep the PH lower. I'll check PH again later before watering.
Since my two plants will not be watered on the same day, if something goes wrong, I can try to re-adjust before watering the other one.

I use EarthJuice's Originals charts, and they suggest 4.0ml to *8.0ml of "grow". * = large or fast growing plants. Where is your chart from ? If you click my link you will see 4-8ml for the "advanced chart" as well.

Watering with EJ nutes / PH / Dolomitic Lime...

I watered Blue yesterday and Phoria this morning.
The PH of my watering solution was ok yesterday, but this morning it had rose in the 7's.
It's the Dolomitic lime that keeps making the PH go up as time goes by. I suppose it stops doing that after 12 hours or so, not even sure.
I'm sure its the cause of some zinc/iron deficiency.

I had to use some acid to PH-down the solution before watering this morning.
As a consequence, I think what I'll see in the next few days :
Blue : continuing its yellowing (PH too high in the soil).
Phoria : getting greener (PH re-adjusted).

Next watering : I will just drop the Dolomitic lime or any attempt to adjust PH, it's just a pita with bad results. I'll try to let EJ nutes marinated for 24/48H.

4 days before I switch to 12/12...

Yep... I'm getting there. Starting today, I'll change the light schedule to 18-6, then 16-8, 14-10, 12-12.
I know it's not necessary, but why not. It's just messing 2 seconds with the timer ;-)

I'm at day 28, so 12/12 will start on day 31.

I'm just following a simple plan, a buddy had told me the grow medium, type of plant etc.....all to look for in advance. The only thing we couldn't agree on was the type of light, he grows under HPS and I grow under LED. He still looks at my LED like I'm from another planet LOL. I tried too to eliminate as many variables as possible and just grow, this seems to be my own fault. I'll givem a bit today or tomorrow and then again in 2-3 days up to normal dosage and see the reaction.

I'm just following a simple plan, a buddy had told me the grow medium, type of plant etc.....all to look for in advance. The only thing we couldn't agree on was the type of light, he grows under HPS and I grow under LED. He still looks at my LED like I'm from another planet LOL. I tried too to eliminate as many variables as possible and just grow, this seems to be my own fault. I'll givem a bit today or tomorrow and then again in 2-3 days up to normal dosage and see the reaction.

I consider a "first grow" and experiment. How could we get everything right the first time ? Sure we create a lot of pressure for ourselves because we put so much time, effort and money. But everything can't be perfect. And each individual has some personal choices to make, like going with LED's or CFL's, soil, coco, etc, in consideration of their context (financial, space, time, etc).

Personally, when I started... I was sure I'd get spider-mites and wouldn't be able to get rid of them. 30+ years ago, I tried to grow, and every time a seedling was doing fine, it would soon die, infested by spider mites. So this time, as an adult, I wanted to try again, but I wished to put as little money into it as possible. That's one of the reasons (there are others) I went with CFL's. I could just buy a few, start small, and upgrade along the way if everything went right.

First I germinated and started to grow 6 Freedom Dream seeds (they are mostly Hemp, were all male/hermies, and auto). The spider mites showed up. Nightmare, all over again, I thought. After using safer soap in a panic, the plants looked like shit... I tossed one after the other, when one was attacked by spiders (they were really few but laid eggs). Stopped using soap and went for Neem. Hard as hell to find in Canada. Sprayed everything several times.

Days went by, and Euphoria and Blueberry were seedlings now. And there was only 1 freedom dream left. It started to make female+male flowers. Freedom Dream was 26 days, Blue and Phoria were 15 days, when I tossed FD in the trash.

But it's the best thing I ever did, growing FD and making mistakes on those. My proportion of compost (25-30%) was too hot, FD didn't like it. Went at 20% for Blue and Phoria. It was a good choice.

If I had started right away with Blue/Phoria... those would be sick or dead by now. I would have abandoned everything and never grow again, I'm pretty sure.

Just for fun, here is Fredom Dream number 6, at day 26 :

Jour-26.JPG

Sorry for writing a novel...

I consider a "first grow" and experiment. How could we get everything right the first time ? Sure we create a lot of pressure for ourselves because we put so much time, effort and money. But everything can't be perfect. And each individual has some personal choices to make, like going with LED's or CFL's, soil, coco, etc, in consideration of their context (financial, space, time, etc).

Personally, when I started... I was sure I'd get spider-mites and wouldn't be able to get rid of them. 30+ years ago, I tried to grow, and every time a seedling was doing fine, it would soon die, infested by spider mites. So this time, as an adult, I wanted to try again, but I wished to put as little money into it as possible. That's one of the reasons (there are others) I went with CFL's. I could just buy a few, start small, and upgrade along the way if everything went right.

First I germinated and started to grow 6 Freedom Dream seeds (they are mostly Hemp, were all male/hermies, and auto). The spider mites showed up. Nightmare, all over again, I thought. After using safer soap in a panic, the plants looked like shit... I tossed one after the other, when one was attacked by spiders (they were really few but laid eggs). Stopped using soap and went for Neem. Hard as hell to find in Canada. Sprayed everything several times.

Days went by, and Euphoria and Blueberry were seedlings now. And there was only 1 freedom dream left. It started to make female+male flowers. Freedom Dream was 26 days, Blue and Phoria were 15 days, when I tossed FD in the trash.

But it's the best thing I ever did, growing FD and making mistakes on those. My proportion of compost (25-30%) was too hot, FD didn't like it. Went at 20% for Blue and Phoria. It was a good choice.

If I had started right away with Blue/Phoria... those would be sick or dead by now. I would have abandoned everything and never grow again, I'm pretty sure.

Just for fun, here is Fredom Dream number 6, at day 26 :

Jour-26.JPG

Sorry for writing a novel...
It's all good, it's interesting to hear how different people ended up at this situation. That FB has awesome looking leaves, I love the frilled edges LOL is that genetics or something?

I love the frilled edges LOL is that genetics or something?

The frills are a consequence of my hatred for him/her. The soap spray, the repeated Neem, the 1Gal plastic pot, the too hot compost, all that when she/he was starting to flower (had no clue it was an Auto)... ahaha, it's all that plus the shitty genetics.

Hey... Missed a day yesterday :sorry:

DAY 30 : Phew... just finished watering and did a bit defoliation again. Phoria on the left, Blue on the right.

Global_B-E_jour_30_defol.jpg

BluePhoria are still doing good. Their light schedule will be 14/10 today, next day will be 12/12 !!!

Global_B-E_jour_30.jpg

Phoria :

Euphoria-30.jpg

and Blue :

Blueberry-30.jpg

Having a bit of difficulty keeping RH down (66% now); There is a dehumidifier in the next room where I exhaust to... it would be more efficient in the grow room, but et creates heat and then the temp would got up I think... I like it at 21-23 Celsius.

Any ideas ?

Your defoliation is looking good and the timing is perfect...right before switch to flowering. I did the same and plan do another defoliation at 3 weeks into flower. I'm going to take only leaves, no branches or bud sites.

I'm facing the same humidity problems you are and don't have an answer for you. Humidity has been all over the place lately.

Your defoliation is looking good and the timing is perfect...right before switch to flowering. I did the same and plan do another defoliation at 3 weeks into flower. I'm going to take only leaves, no branches or bud sites.

I'm facing the same humidity problems you are and don't have an answer for you. Humidity has been all over the place lately.

Thanks MF, do you think it's a good thing to remove small growth in the middle of the plant ? I don't think those will ever see the light, then again, I have not figured out how all the branches will grow. It's still more bushy than I'd like, but I don't want to remove too much. Inexperience !!!

My RH is 59-60 now. It's rainy outside so it's almost impossible to drop the RH. I have a carbon filter scrubber that still seems to do the job, but it does it better at <55 % RH. Worried about filter life too.

I placed the dehumidifier in another room (from where most fresh air comes from). Seems to help, but makes the temp hotter. Still, in the basement, I think it'll stay under 25 Celsius.

The way your plants grew - really thick and bushy, that lower growth probably won't amount to much. My plants stretched like crazy early, so there's a lot of room between branches. I defoliated the bigger fan leaves and a lot of the lower branches are reaching up into the canopy. I'm going to give most of the lower stuff a chance, except for the really small ones. That might change next week though.

We had thunderstorms last night and more forecast for today - temps in the 90s. Humidity is at 84% right now. I'm growing in the basement also, and it's getting hot and humid down there. I'm gonna run the humidifier tonight after the lights go out. It does heat up the space a bit, but I think the RH might be more of a factor than the heat. I'm not gonna want to see my electric bill this month.

We had thunderstorms last night and more forecast for today - temps in the 90s. Humidity is at 84% right now. I'm growing in the basement also, and it's getting hot and humid down there. I'm gonna run the humidifier tonight after the lights go out. It does heat up the space a bit, but I think the RH might be more of a factor than the heat. I'm not gonna want to see my electric bill this month.

Wow... that's like 32 celcius ? with 80+RH. I woulnt mind my 61 RH except for my smell control (carbon filter) that is really less efficient when I hit more than 55 rh. Are you afraid of mold when you start having bigger buds? That's what i'm a bit afraid of... having less and less control over Rh and smell as they get bigger and skunkier... Guess I'll have to use a bunch of Ona Gel.

Yes, with the scrubber and dehumidifier running 24/7, plus the air conditioning in the house, and the rest, it will show up on the electric bill.

B-B-B-B-Branches... and q-q-q-q-questions...

I have counted 12 (Blue) and 11 (Phoria) tops, that make up the canopy of my plants. All the tops are almost at the same height except for 1 or 2 shorter.

Is that a good thing to have so many ? Will all those make Colas ? Is the size of the colas proportional to the size (diameter) of the stems ?

Back
Top Bottom