Bluestdream First Indoor Grow 2012

Bluestdream

Hey there 420er's, I have been creeping these forums loading up on information, taking notes, watching, and basically just being a sponge for the last year or so. In that time i have done one outdoor grow that turned out to be a male that had to be chopped but up until then it was absolutely gorgeous and since that first plant i have had that urge to get going again. As i have see many of you here say it is an addiction, growing that is.

Well let me introduce myself, I am a patient in the wonderful state of california along with my gf she will be along with us during this grow. I use this wonderful plant for insomnia, severe anxiety, and the occasional pain. My gf uses it for Herniated disc in her lower back and as well during the winter her knee starts to act up from a sports accident where she tore her acl and had the surgery.

Alright into the details.

What strain is it? La Con(bagseed), 2 Jack Herrer (bagseed), Unknown bagseed.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Two sativa, Two indica.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg

If in Veg... For how long? 1 week

If in Flower stage... For how long? as of now no flowering

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farm Ocean Forest

If soil... What size pot? Currently in red party cups. will be moving to either 3 or 5 gal pots depending on space.

Size of light? Currently they are under 6 26w cfls(5000k) for flower depending on funds we will either be using cfls or invest in either a 400 or 600 watt hps

Is it aircooled? Fan cooled.

Temp of Room/cab? N/A no meters as of now
RH of Room/cab? n/a
PH of media or res? N/a

Any Pests ? Besides the dogs nothing.

How often are you watering? when the top half inch of the red cup is dry so about every 2-3 days.

Type and strength of ferts used?Not using any nutes as of now but will be getting on the BPN wagon as the results speak for themselves.

Right now the plants are in a 1.5' x 1.5' x 1.5' all white box. They will be moved into a 24"x24"x63" grow tent( on the way).

The babies were germinated on Oct 11 put into RO water in a cup behind the tv. There were 6 seeds in total 2 of each only got 4 to pop we had a fifth that looked like it was gonna make it but it just didnt have the strength to break out of its shell no biggie.

The Plan:

4 plants veg 6-8 weeks depending on space and their growth. Once in flower we will sex the plants and depending on the amount of females we may add a couple of flower ready teens from a local collective.

The Goal:

To learn, this is my first indoor grow and i don't expect to be growing the best of the best, so this is gonna be strictly a learning process. In this learning process i want to be able to setup a perpetual for personal use and in the future i would love to be a caregiver for those patients who actually need it not the kids who run around now saying they need it. So for now this is a learning and growing experience, Pun Intended.

This will be my first grow as i mentioned earlier. I am open to all suggestions and i am more than willing to take anyones help.

Ok for the pictures.

This is my outdoor that turned out to be a male this was about a week and half before chop it was about 2 1/2 feet tall topped once on the 4th node.
DSC_1620.JPG

All these photos were from about 4 days ago since then the growth has been crazy with the unknown bagseed just taking off which is good but bad. considering from everything i have read most males just take off but lets hope she turns out to be a lady.

LA Con Left Unknown bagseed right. Currently bag seed is working on fourth set of leaves coming from the middle and the la con is struggling with barely still on its second set first set after single leaf.
DSC_2890.JPG

Jack Herrer Both of the jacks are working on their third set of leaves and doing very well.
DSC_2901.JPG

I will have updated pictures either tomorrow or the next day. I hope you some of you guys can pull up a chair and watch, help, and maybe learn something from me?!? Haha i hope but either way i hope to have a crowd. Thank you for reading.

Here is a picture update for those of you out there who are watching.

Unknown bagseed on 10/22
DSC_2956.JPG

Jack Herrer 10/22
DSC_2960.JPG

LA con 10/22
DSC_2961.JPG

Group shot on 10/22 Front to back: Unknown Bagseed, LA con, Jack Herrer, Jack Herrer
DSC_3113.JPG

Group shot on 10/23 Front Left: Bagseed, Back Left: purple kush seedling(friends) Middle: LA Con Top/bottom right: JAck herrer

Just a little update they all seem to be loving the ocean forest and the box so nothing will be changed until the tent arrives. Thanks for looking.
DSC_31231.JPG

Howdy, looks like you are off to a good start. Adding BPN to the mix is a good choice. Just wanted to stop in and wish you good luck and happy gardening. :peace::love::adore::morenutes::smokin:

Im honored to even have you look in my thread smoke. You were one of the farmers who i have been following in the shadows :O. Thank you for the luck and after the research i definitely believe BPN is the way to go the results speak for themselves and the price HA! the competition didn't even stand a chance.

Well sorry for my hiatus but i am back and there is a lot to update about but just give me a moment :roorrip:....... Little Dab of Platinum Og from a local collective.

Here is the update:
plants are in final pots 10 inch diameter 9.8inch deep.

Ordered and got a tent off amazon and for 90 bucks including shipping it is actually a really nice tent.

Put up lights i used a method i saw another 420'r using i don't remember who, but i used wood boards that i fastened two power strips to each board with 3 lights per strip so 6 lights per however funds have stopped me from completely finishing the second board so for now it only has two bulbs but it is definitely more than enough light in there atm as a friend was kind enough to donate his 4 foot light that you will see in the back of these pictures.

Also order BPN Max two part. They also came on watering day so the babies got their first feeding. which i used 7.5ml/gal of the part a. i feel as if though our plants have a nitrogen defiency i believe so im hoping giving it a conservative yet good dosage for their age it would help. so far it has they have all perked up and are regaining color. im thinking of maybe on next watering day of feeding them again depending on how they look then from there go every other.

ok to the pictures.
1351904755856.jpg

This is a tent view the tent is 32x32x63. the lights are about 7 inches from the tops of the plants im trying to get them to stretch just a little bit. three of the plants have been topped the two jack the rippers which are recovering nicely and the bagseed which is a little slow to grow back but not giving up.

1351904762962.jpg

Jack the rippers on the right La con bottom left Bagseed back left

1351904782645.jpg

La Con today regaining its color starting to stretch.

1351904793195.jpg

Jack The ripper Bottom right has really perked up towards the light.

1351904801442.jpg

Jack the ripper on the top right looks a lot better believe it or not but im still concerned about the color just got the net turned back on so doing the research.

1351904807848.jpg

The bagseed which is getting its color back very nicely.

Ok that is the picture update. The temps are running about 79-81 lights on and 66-70 off. humidity during the day sits right at 49%-52% and at night gets up to the low 60's.

If anyone could help with the color issue that would be great but im hoping a little more food next watering will help. also in the future we plan on adding a couple of clones from a local collective. so we will have a nice full tent :).

Well good morning everyone a quick update the ladies seem to be loving the environment and the little nutes i gave it even though i found out i applied wrong which is ok it is getting fixed thanks to MR.BPN. they are all perked up and stretching the little amount i wanted them 2. so hoping the color and insane growth after next watering which will prob be tomorrow when lights come on.

Alright well here comes another update. The girls are looking good they are stretching just like i hoped for. their color is still off but im not to worried as they are gonna be fed tomorrow the proper nutrients and hopefully that will clear up all the deficiencies. I spoke to Mr. BPN awesome customer service thank you for answering the questions i had. From what i can see they are still loving the environment despite the color they are recoving nicely from topping which was done approx 3 days ago pictures will follow. Well thats all i have for now oh also the second board will be setup with more lights so that we can add a clone or two. So bright and exciting things in the future.

Pictures:

1352011888608.jpg

Family photo. BL: bagseed FL: la con BR: Jack the ripper FR: jack the ripper

1352011862876.jpg

topping of jack the ripper in the back right.

1352011844260.jpg

Topping of jack the ripper in the front right

1352011876597.jpg

this is the bagseed it might be hard to see but it is a little farther behind than the rest but chugging along.
LA con was not topped due to it being much shorter than the rest.

well im looking forward to feeding day.

well it looks like feeding day will be tomorrow but the ladies are all perked up and are ready for another day of growing. Tomorrow they will probably get a feeding of 10ml/gal part a and b. Using bpn blue max two part. also added more cfls to the setup so that puts us at 12 23w bulbs that each put off 1650 lumens + a 44w t5 which puts off 8k, not getting all the lumens from this seeing as to how the light is 2 big so it is slanted and only getting maybe half of the lighting since other half is above the lights. As of right now calculating im only getting half the lumens from the 44 watt t5 im getting 23,900 or so lumens. ok well that is a little update ill have a picture update tonight for those of you interested in watching. Forgot to mention the color is starting to come back. On new growth it looks just fine. ok that is it. Sorry wall of text. Liquid Butter OG rips got me rambling.

Alright so if anyone is out there im having an issue with my humidity. this is the first time it has been even under 45% it is sitting at a nice 25% right now and ive added water to the tent to hopefully increase it. but if anyone would have any other suggestions that would be great.

Alright well lights are about to go out in about an hour. They are getting an extra hour tonight as i want to keep the same hours i had before. Everything is looking great in the tent and i have quite a few pictures here. I trimmed leaves that were dried up from the deficiency and i have before and after photos. Tomorrow they get their first real feeding of BPN. Also i was looking into the supplements for the bloom boosters im curious as to see if anyone says it would be worth it to add. well i mean im sure it is worth it but how you guys liked itpersonally.

ok picture time:

1352011888608.jpg

Before

1352099564535.jpg

AFTER

1352099552145.jpg

LA con front, bagseed back

1352099557157.jpg

both jacks

1352099477328.jpg

top view bagseed

1352099503702.jpg

topping bagseed

1352099446947.jpg

Jack in BR top view

1352099433896.jpg

Jack BR topping

1352099408200.jpg

Top view jack FR

1352099416610.jpg

Topping Jack FR

Alright well that is the update the color is coming back they are looking good and feeding tomorrow things are looking good.

ok well here is another update.

Everything is looking good in the tent they all have seemed to recover from their deficiency and the topping. They have all healed very nicely with the topping(pics to follow).

Game plan:
So they haven't been watered in 6 full days and it feels as if though they will go another 2 days without needing a watering. im looking at the plants and i feel as if though they can go this next watering without the nutes, however my gf on the other hand believes we should go ahead with it. im looking for an opinion from you guys out there who might be able to help. They were just transplanting into 10in diameter 9.8in deep pots last watering. they were potted with just fox farm ocean forest so i believe they can go one more watering without the nutes because the soil has some nutes in it already, but if i think they can take the nutes without a burn im all for it....rambling.... chunky crunch og.

back on topic so as you will see in the pictures we have a runt she hasn't been topped and she is behind we don't know what is wrong but we are thinking of just pulling her plug and getting a couple of clones from a local collective. Also it is not a femenized seed.
Forgot one thing the jack in the BR is just taking off on recovery from the topping compared to the others so im just hoping its really good genetics and not the fact it is more likely to be a male as all of these seeds are unfemenized. If it turns out to be female a clone will be taken early on in flower to start a mother because id love to have a plant that would take that quickly to training because im looking at a scrog method in the future.

Also looking in the future to double our lighting as well at getting a 6" inline with carbon fiber so if anyone knows anything online with a good price for a good quality item shoot it my way. alright well i think thats about it for now here are the photos.

1352278040752.jpg

full tent
1352277935885.jpg

1352277932374.jpg

1352277757119.jpg

Bagseed
1352277874313.jpg
1352277867478.jpg

1352277745955.jpg

Jack BR
1352277723189.jpg
1352277883041.jpg

Jack FR
1352277642247.jpg

La Con

Ok that is it for this update i hope i can get some feedback on the nute situation but we will see.

right on brother the start of your grow looks awsome, as far as adding nutes that soil is pretty hot. but if you can wait for her or them a little longer it may serve you well.
they are small but they will suck some water up after they grow bigger I think the roots in your pots are still filling in and she will need nutes in about a week or so after that your going to have some wild ladies:cheer:
anyway I will be checking in when I get the chance and if you have a question stop by my thread if I dont know the answer someone there will:)

right on brother the start of your grow looks awsome, as far as adding nutes that soil is pretty hot. but if you can wait for her or them a little longer it may serve you well.
they are small but they will suck some water up after they grow bigger I think the roots in your pots are still filling in and she will need nutes in about a week or so after that your going to have some wild ladies:cheer:
anyway I will be checking in when I get the chance and if you have a question stop by my thread if I dont know the answer someone there will:)

Yup we are going on day 7 since last watering and they will probably go till lights on on day 9 since the top is just barely starting to dry out. They did get some nutes that watering with the bpn very little though since i didnt use both parts.... Thank you for the input we will probably wait for next watering which will put them in week 4 of veg and they will get the bpn blue max two part.

Back
Top Bottom