Borntorun's 2009 outdoor grow.snottygirl

Re: borntorun's 2009 outdoor grow..snottygirl

:popcorn:i was reading some where but i'm not sure where that if you put some thing that your dog slept on around your plants that other animals would steer clear of that area or maybe dried blood ,but when it rains its gone. if thats any use to you i dont know. :peace::ganjamon: and the best of luck for the weather to get better for your bumper crop:rollit:

I've heard the dog blanket thing but that's not possible in this garden. Even though it is grown with a permit a certain amount of deniability has to be maintained....

Dried blood works well but it stinks! It works great to keep deer away but attracts bugs and slugs. A few more weeks and the plants will be big enough to fend for themselves unless a beaver decides to get high.

......... and whats that stinging nettle thing your on about i'm curious........

stinging nettle is an amazing plant. If possible even more amazing then cannabis. It won't get you high, but it could help you get higher. Besides all the health benefits of stinging nettle, like hair, prostate, skin and sexual health, Stinging nettle

it has this unique ability to to increase the essential oils of other plants when it is planted as a companion plant, as a "tea" used to water or as a foliar spray, and that is how it helps make you higher.

And the kicker is it has a ton of nitrogen in it and pretty much every trace mineral and is also natural pesticide. So when your plant has something weird going on and you can't figure out what trace element it might be missing, just water with stinging nettle tea. If it doesn't cure what ails it, it probably can't be cured. Works incredible as an additive in a hydro grow.

And used as a mulch it will ward off all sorts of critters and slowly add nitrogen as it decomposes. Also is a natural fungicide!

So don't trust me, google stinging nettle, stinging nettle essential oils, or whatever combination of words! Indoors or out, it's the best thing to happen to cannabis!

really cool info man i must try that, and i've never heard of it either it amazes me all the info thats out there to tweek our growing habits KUDOS to you , looking forward to seeing your snotty girl bumper crop. ! GOOD LUCK !

Be nice to Nettles Week

Thanks for your support Resinator!

Stinging nettle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For those that want to try nettle compost tea, it's easy to make. Just fill a five gallon bucket of chopped nettles with water and let it sit for a week to ten days to ferment. Plants can be at any stage of growth. I just chop down a bunch of plants and run the mulching lawnmower over them. If you have some nettles growing that are easy to pull, use the whole plant.

After it has brewed for the week to 10 days, filter the water through a screen or cloth. This is concentrated solution so when you are ready to spray or water dilute it down 10 to 1. In a hydroponic rig dilute a little more and experiment. It is pretty hot with nitrogen so start out slow and see how your plants do. It is thought that formic acid in the stingers is what increases the essential oils and makes it a good pesticide and fungicide but they also contain a whole host of other chemical, some of which haven't been identified.

You can use what is left in the bucket for the compost pile.

It's such a small world

plants are looking good ...
they look like my outdoor hawaiian ...
good luck +++rep

Thanks Haze!

It's such a small world when a grower from the Pacific NW can chat with a grower halfway around the world!

Excuse my ignorance but what is the political climate like in Croatia in regards to growing? Is it semi legal? or do they put you away for a long time if caught?

JAil for 3 years ...for 1 joint or at least conditional sentence...it could happen .
But for more then 5g you can end up from 3-5 . Its horror !In the end it depends on the man with the badge ... and if he is a pig ...you'll end up bad , but on the bright side ... some of THEM are normal and understanding ...
But is it legal or semi legal ...A BIG NO!!!

a horse is a horse of course of course

So someone sent me an email asking "what exactly is a F-1 hybrid?"

I'm by no means an expert and maybe someone here can explain better but I will give it a shot.

Remember back in high school when you were stoned out of your mind and sitting in biology class and the teacher was droning on about " class, order, genus, species, and variety"? The way we figure out and classify what is the difference between say a mouse and a man. And you were sitting there thinking "when am I ever going to use this shit in real life" so your mind drifted off thinking about that cute cheerleader or football star, whatever the case may be.

So what they were trying to teach you was this, a way to keep all the living things classified and ordered. And how the results of cross breeding can be an improvement over both parents.

So lets try this....you have a horse. A beautiful animal for sure. Looks incredible, designed to look good and go fast (think sativa or a porsche). A Porsche is great, but try and get a couple of sets of golf clubs and a buddy in it. Same with a horse, but its weakness is its ankles, not designed very well for the size of the creature, can't carry a load and is sort of fragile. Besides the ankles there are other issues that we won't go into.

Then you have a donkey, can carry a ton, but doesn't go very fast, doesn't look very racey and is sort of small (think Indica or maybe a ford exploder) and kicks when you aren't looking!

So you cross the two and get a mule. A mule is a F1 hybrid. Depending on the two parents you might end up with an incredible animal. One that you can ride, carry a ton, goes forever. Like a Land Cruiser instead of a Porsche or Exploder.

Problem is mules are sterile so you really can't improve on them by taking two incredible mules and breeding them.

Plants are basically the same. When you create a f1 hybrid you usually get an improvement over both parents but there will also usually be something that you give up. You might get higher yields and lower thc or vice versa or higher yield and higher thc and bug resistance and great taste. You never know until you try. But when you cross two F1's you might end up with some incredible diesel, pineapple flavored bubble gum but you will lose the essence of the original parents and lose the vigor of the F1's, so your yield or thc content might go down.

Maybe someone else can explain more. I'm not a botanist, just someone that has grown for awhile.

lookin good can't wait to put all my clones outdoors lookin forward to some sticky trees

lookin good can't wait to put all my clones outdoors lookin forward to some sticky trees

Hey welcome aboard SouthernOnt, thanks for coming by....I'm assuming that is southern Ontario. It has to be time even at that latitude to get them out! I have another batch going out this week and I'm feeling like I'm way behind schedule. But even this late they will still get 3 full months of vegging. Good luck with your grow!

you make perfect sense to me on F1's clears it up in my eyes, well put across ++reps

Hey glad I could be of help Res....My own personal opinion is that we should keep the varieties as pure as possible. There is a risk that down the road, after too much dilution that a disease will wipe us all out. My hat is off to Nirvana (and others) for keeping seed banks of pure species. I'm growing F1 and a few F1 crosses for experimentation but that is as far as I will take it.

At some point it is Nature versus Nurture. If you stick with F1's or pures then Nurture plays the biggest role. Just like fine wines.

The goal is to produce a final product that is so good and precious that everyone stores it away for a special occasion.

I should have them out soon but there is plenty of branches left to cut

"Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep"

Whenever I hike into the garden I try and do it as silently as possible. I always take every precaution possible. But even doing that my heart still beats a little faster and my mind races. Are the plants still going to be there? Will the sheriff be sitting there doing a stakeout? A million possibilities.

So this morning when I went there I was as quiet as could be. I walked slow and paused to listen and looked for signs that someone might be there. As I walked around a tree, a deer jumped toward me and scared the shit out of me. I about had a heart attack! I'm going to have to start taking a xanax when I go.

I'll try and get some more pictures up soon!

listen to and watch the birds if the are tweeting away your fine if they takeoff someones coming

So this morning when I went there I was as quiet as could be. I walked slow and paused to listen and looked for signs that someone might be there. As I walked around a tree, a deer jumped toward me and scared the shit out of me. I about had a heart attack! I'm going to have to start taking a xanax when I go.
LMAO that type of stuff is why i am a bit scared to grow outside loosing it or getting caught but i'll send any good vibes i have your way for luck ++reps:peace:

I felt like a ninja sneaking my widow and rhino clones outdoors today

Back
Top Bottom