Bud Washing

Just about to wash my shoreline! Has the method changed at all from the original page? That's how I have been doing it so far

It's still the same way... First way if you have no mould, docs if you do, which is half way down first page of this thread.... I'm still to have washed any yet, so how do I know? Asked the exact same question about five- ten posts earlier :rofl:

:bump:

I'm definitely sure my allergies have improved due to smoking washed product. I'm positive, normally this time of the year I'm blocked solid and taking meds to open things up. No doubt, so grateful for this. ;)

I washed about 8 hours ago. My heads were tipped. Buds feel/ look good, just the tops are wet and spongy. Is this normal? Should I towel off just the tips?

Lightly whip the branches towards the water buckets to generate a little centrifugal force, kinda like getting that last bit of ketchup to the end of the bottle, but with less force. This is what I do based on CoNerd's suggestion. The idea is to get the water away so drying can start. Using a towel would likely remove or break open heads which is not good.

So i want to wash my harvest, mainly cause ive had a little PM issue and i was reading about h2o2... this is just basic peroxide you get at any store here in america right? im still navigating the process, just trying to figure if i need to find some special h202 that i dont know about...

So i want to wash my harvest, mainly cause ive had a little PM issue and i was reading about h2o2... this is just basic peroxide you get at any store here in america right? im still navigating the process, just trying to figure if i need to find some special h202 that i dont know about...

Be careful, as H2O2 typically comes in 2 distinct strengths, both pretty readily available(it comes in more, but I have found 2 prevalent over the counter). There is the kind at the grocery store and pharmacy which is like ~3% solution, you can put it on your skin directly without harm. Then there is the stuff you can get at the grow or hardware store, which is more like ~30% or higher. This stuff will burn your skin if undiluted, and must be measured very carefully when using on your plants. Just a drop splash will give u a little white blister with some irritation, it will certainly kill/bleach/harm greenery.

You can use either, but you are gonna mix accordingly (a bottle of the weak stuff vs a syringe of 3ml or something for example these are random ratios)

I used both. My first wash I had the 29% stuff sold in the hydro store. I added about 350ml to 5 gallons of water . This was still too concentrated as my produce quickly dried after that wash. I now just get a quart of the 2% stuff from WallyWorld for a buck and add the whole quart to my 5 gallons of water. This may be too weak of a solution for the intended reason, but I can verify that it's safe at that ratio. If you feel more is needed, experiment at your own risk. Hopefully someone else will add to this knowledge before you take the plunge. I think we hashed this out many pages ago, so start trolling.

I can't believe how cheap you guys get peroxide for. Cheapest here, for our cheapest chain supermarket, 200ml $5.. That amount is under a quarter of a quart...

still better than living in a village behind modern civilization and have to order it online, the worst part of it is living in the middle of it so even your outdoor garden has to look 'proper' for society, cause my 'proper' sure differs from their.

im not saying "tough nookie" but thats life, im trying to be grateful for every little thing, knowing that it could be worse.

life is a giant joke isnt it, just odds and evens and then .. shoot :laughtwo:

I can't believe how cheap you guys get peroxide for. Cheapest here, for our cheapest chain supermarket, 200ml $5.. That amount is under a quarter of a quart...

I was buying 35% off ebay in 500ml lots, which would mix up to about 6L of 3% for $45 ($7.5/L). Then I found a place online where I could get the 35% for cheaper if I bought 5L, which ended up bringing the price of 3% down to about $3/L.

We did just receive the dubious honor of being one on the most expensive countries in the world to live (if not the most expensive)....

I had my first harvest last night and did a 3 bucket wash.

1. Lemon Juice/Baking Soda
2. Hot Water 120F
3. Cold Water

It was only one plant and never sprayed anything on it. Maybe 2oz dry (hoping). I'm surprised on how dirty the water was! I probably missed it but why the HOT and Cold shock?

20150501_003023.jpg

I had my first harvest last night and did a 3 bucket wash.

1. Lemon Juice/Baking Soda
2. Hot Water 120F
3. Cold Water

It was only one plant and never sprayed anything on it. Maybe 2oz dry (hoping). I'm surprised on how dirty the water was! I probably missed it but why the HOT and Cold shock?

20150501_003023.jpg

Great job on the washing. The real treat comes in about 10 days, eh?

I don't know why the hot/cold....I don't do it.

It was probably me that got the hot/cold thing going. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Curso mentioned that it reminded him of treating fresh vegetables to enhance color, so I gave it a try with hot water from the tap, probably 120 degrees or so after hitting the sink. I don't, however, notice any great big improvement in color, and if your water is really hot and your rinse is really cold, you risk making the trichs brittle.

Water works much better as a solvent if it's hot, but I've seen and felt the gritty ring on the sink after using water hot enough to make my hand sting - that's too hot. Best practice would be to keep it to very warm/hottish, and also important, the rinse water shouldn't be colder than tap temperature. Very cold risks brittle trichs and is of low value for setting color.

:thumb:

I'm with you greytail, hot/ warm water cleans so much better than cold, rinse a dirty cup under both and see which moves it...warm enough to still immerse your hand into it..

Back
Top Bottom