Building an aeroponic cloner bucket, aka The Cloninator!

Exactly! For a lot less money :).
I came across my 16 site ezcloner on Facebook marketplace dirt cheap and when I met up with the guy he even gave me a bottle of cloning solution, couldn’t go wrong, and was mind blown when I saw what they cost new, does an amazing job though and hell yeahh on the cheap part, my buddy built his own using a good size pump, big distribution bar with like 50 sprayers or something like that, in a good size tote soo it holds a crap ton of clones and he built it for less than $80

I don’t have enough experience with it to do a tutorial but this is one I did, it ended up getting stunted but it turned around and healed up pretty strong lol

Attachments

• 183459F7-2DFA-4408-92EE-3FBCC52C05D8.jpeg
    183459F7-2DFA-4408-92EE-3FBCC52C05D8.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 575AD5A7-E460-40FB-8765-C808FA223891.jpeg
    575AD5A7-E460-40FB-8765-C808FA223891.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 143
And although I didn’t build my cloner, I did build the box it stays in! There’s an outlet on top where the timer is which I made a cord going from a regular 110 plug to plug into the timer into the box to a light socket plate, Y splitter for 2 cfls works amazing for the lighting, and coming from the outlet box up top it goes to the light switch which turns on and off the outlet that’s inside the box soo I don’t need to unplug the pump each time I want to check roots or change the water. Having it elevated let’s me use the drain hole the cloner has built in, and I use a transfer pump I rigged up from an in-line pump for moving my nutrients into each system and draining each system, it’s a lot of Y splitters and valves to make it all work but soooo worth it in the end.. I’d really like to setup an arduino system for self automation eventually, that’ll be a few tax seasons down the road though lol. This box works amazing though with the cloner, these clones were only in here for maybe 2 weeks

Attachments

• 1A8B647A-E16B-4EDC-B194-AEEB30FDF082.jpeg
    1A8B647A-E16B-4EDC-B194-AEEB30FDF082.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 153
  • A888D9FF-0930-4066-9EC2-5203E0EA150E.jpeg
    A888D9FF-0930-4066-9EC2-5203E0EA150E.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 1F2B6152-A2A2-45DD-BBD8-F7284F7C40DF.jpeg
    1F2B6152-A2A2-45DD-BBD8-F7284F7C40DF.jpeg
    475.3 KB · Views: 138
High tech! I'm no where near that level :).
Ehh, it’s honestly not too much work just a little planning depending what’s available to you. I grow with undercurrent systems as the one I last built has been the most efficient of any system I’ve grown with in the past. I have a 8 site flower room, and my cloner box, I need to build a mother room and a veg room soo I can keep a revolving crop going but for now when I go to change out nutes I have (2) 20 gallon totes stacked on top of each other with a hole cut thru the top one with a pvc pipe glued in to a set height and I fill the bottom tote 3/4 full then fill the top tote till it spills over the pvc pipe draining to the bottom tote, there’s a inline pump sitting on the floor next to them that pumps the water from the bottom tote to the top to keep the water circulating for 3 reasons, I don’t need a air pump to keep algae from growing, it warms the water a little before dumping into the undercurrent system as to not shock the plants, and it mixes the nutes while I let my probe sit in the tote and adjust to my liking, I fill the change out totes a day or 2 before change out, and both upper and lower tote have a drain line on the bottom going to the pump soo I can get all the water out without having to pick them up and dump them out. The undercurrent system has its own pump soo I put a garden hose spigot for draining the system out, and the change out tote then pumps the new nutrients into the undercurrent, or I can pump it into the same place I dump old nutrients if the water goes bad for whatever reason or I’m just cleaning the totes and my cloner drain line also goes to the change out pump for dumping the water. There’s lots of valves to play with to move the water different places, but a person gets tired of carrying totes of water after a while when it’s every 10 days you gotta dump 40 gallons then fill 40 gallons is tiresome quickly LOL... the pumps are a huge plus to everything, making it automated would be a dream

How to build my cloninator aeroponic cloning bucket! This is the original but I've made a few modifications since then. I'll put those at the end in case you'd like to try them.

I started with a 2 gallon bucket and lid from Home Depot. I got this pump from Amazon:
full

Which came with these adapters:
full

None of which will connect to the sprinkler head, so I had to buy these in brass at Home Depot because they don't carry PVC smaller than ½:
full

So when it was connected it looked like this:
full

Next I centered the pump in the bucket:
full

And laid out the 2" baskets from Amazon (they came with the inserts):

full

Hole drilling was next. Here is a tip I got from youtube...after you drill the center pilot hole, run the hole saw backward and it makes a much cleaner cut. Here are the cuts and a notch for the wire:
full

Baskets inserted with the bottoms cut off. It should keep the roots from getting tangled:
full

Finished bucket with the neoprene inserts:
full

I used barbecue skewers to test the spray:
full

Maximum wetness! I filled the bucket about ¼ full (so around 64 ounces) and added 4 ounce H2O2 since I don't want to buy any z7 etc:
full

I needed a timer that would do short intervals, so I got this one and set it for 1 minute on / 15 minutes off. I may make that interval longer after a couple of days. Setting the timer was a lot easier than some of the reviews mentioned on Amazon:
full

I hung a single 23w 6500K CFL over the bucket:
full

And that's the original! Since I built it I changed the sprinkler system twice, and now I'm using micro-sprayers in PVC:
full

I also wrapped the bucket in duct tape and spray painted it (red was all I had) to make it more light proof. Did the lid as well.

And now that the weather is cooler I'm having pretty good success. Certainly better than my previous attempts :).

:Namaste:
Oh boy! Parts are going to be coming in soon. Looks like 1/2 inch pvc. Any advice on getting the micro sprayers in right? They look like they have a funky thread on them. Maybe for soft plastic. The ones I looked at anyhoo

How to build my cloninator aeroponic cloning bucket! This is the original but I've made a few modifications since then. I'll put those at the end in case you'd like to try them.

I started with a 2 gallon bucket and lid from Home Depot. I got this pump from Amazon:
full

Which came with these adapters:
full

None of which will connect to the sprinkler head, so I had to buy these in brass at Home Depot because they don't carry PVC smaller than ½:
full

So when it was connected it looked like this:
full

Next I centered the pump in the bucket:
full

And laid out the 2" baskets from Amazon (they came with the inserts):

full

Hole drilling was next. Here is a tip I got from youtube...after you drill the center pilot hole, run the hole saw backward and it makes a much cleaner cut. Here are the cuts and a notch for the wire:
full

Baskets inserted with the bottoms cut off. It should keep the roots from getting tangled:
full

Finished bucket with the neoprene inserts:
full

I used barbecue skewers to test the spray:
full

Maximum wetness! I filled the bucket about ¼ full (so around 64 ounces) and added 4 ounce H2O2 since I don't want to buy any z7 etc:
full

I needed a timer that would do short intervals, so I got this one and set it for 1 minute on / 15 minutes off. I may make that interval longer after a couple of days. Setting the timer was a lot easier than some of the reviews mentioned on Amazon:
full

I hung a single 23w 6500K CFL over the bucket:
full

And that's the original! Since I built it I changed the sprinkler system twice, and now I'm using micro-sprayers in PVC:
full

I also wrapped the bucket in duct tape and spray painted it (red was all I had) to make it more light proof. Did the lid as well.

And now that the weather is cooler I'm having pretty good success. Certainly better than my previous attempts :).

:Namaste:

Thats' great, think i'll copy you. Thanks for sharing this.

Back
Top Bottom