Building an aeroponic cloner bucket, aka The Cloninator!

I am running 10/0:20 and my rez is 67 to 69 degrees constantly. My room where the cloner is located has air pulled into the room. I will only use this in the winter although I do have a designated A/C for the room.
I do feel that the plants may not take as fast as they would if the room was 74 degrees or so but keeping the rez temp down is imperative.
As I stated this is my first time with this unit and cloning this method but this thread has helped me a lot, so thanks y'all.
I am at day 6 since I began this cloning and today I looked at some of the stems with my scope and there are white dots on them, not sure what that means but hopefully it is a sign of the beginning of rooting.

@ InTheShed

I do agree, I believe that your temps are too cold.

This just came back to me when I read your thread.
While in collage as a student of Agronomy I worked at a field lab, one of the task was a project on cloning, soft and hard tissue. Water, soil, and hydro cloning. Remember the temps for the rooms were in there upper 60's.

Wow, surprised that this did not come back to me sooner, that was one of the best jobs I ever had.

@ InTheShed

You grow in coco? I have a question on how you transplant your clones into coco and at what is your time in the cloner prior to transplant?

Thanks that helps a lot.
I am think of floating the Smart Pot just to coco level under water (a pH'ed solution of Great White, very lite Rapid Start and a 1/2 rate of Sub Culture II) to loosen the coco so as to spread the root into the coco. Good idea? :)
I really want to put them into flower by the end of the month. I need a break, 6 grows without much time off. Not going to start again till late fall and only do one grow for the season.

I will be making FECO with most of my past three grow which should give me enough oil to get me through at least that period. Every harvest I select the buds I want to smoke usually 12 to 16 zips and the rest I put in the freezer to go into FECO.
At present I have 4 different strains in my jar and this next oil making session will add three strains to it. The more strains the better!
Just began doing the oil again after my PTSD issues from the hurricane experience. Did way too much during that time so took a break from the oil for awhile, but have been doing 2 ml a day, good maintenance dose.

Awesome job! I have a 48 site cloner but it’s too large for me so I kept looking and last month finally found one on Amazon. It’s exactly like yours, wish I would’ve seen this tutorial first. I grow in 2.5 gal pots so this should fit in perfectly. Haven’t tried it yet hopefully it works as well as yours, wish it was as cheap.

:passitleft:

Sorry DrD! The mods frown on me posting a link to my tutorials in every other journal on the site ;). I hope it works well for you. Temperature seemed to be the key for mine.
Thanks I will for sure keep that in mind. I run the 48 site system 24/7 but it holds over 3.5 gal so the water wouldn’t get as warm. This bucket system looks to hold only about 1 gal.

:passitleft:

Hiya ITS, guys,

Fun project! I always like diy projects. I made a rendition of your cloner, changed the tubes inside a couple times, added more jets, etc. Much fun to watch someone discover things to make their grow better. You did good.

Hiya ITS, guys,

Fun project! I always like diy projects. I made a rendition of your cloner, changed the tubes inside a couple times, added more jets, etc. Much fun to watch someone discover things to make their grow better. You did good.
Thanks Bode! It's working pretty well for me lately and it's so low maintenance I don't even change the water anymore o_O.

I guess since it's so cold in there nothing can grow in it!

11 days in the machine, but the first 8 days had the temps to low, <70 degrees, added aquarium heater and the temps have risen slowly to 75.6 as of today.
Are these the start of roots, the clones are still very turgent and not limp at all.
20190111_142633 (2).jpg
20190111_142756 (2).jpg
20190111_142805 (2).jpg

This is strange to me, and worrisome. Any ideas folks?

Just wanted to add my successful pics here too! First clone attempt with the bucket (or ever for that matter) 2-8 so far, one went limp and I tossed it, and another looking sad, but that’s all good, if 4-8 take I won’t have to use any seeds for my next grow, and I’ll be very pleased about that, always easy to grab a new cut and put in there to replace.
D8CBDCFA-401C-43FB-89A1-AB5A133C2942.jpeg

D39DCDF9-A8F6-45F0-B576-C371098C9F35.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom