Building an aeroponic cloner bucket, aka The Cloninator!

Crowbar...works every time!
I use the same buckets for hempy pots so I have a few laying around if it comes to that. These foam inserts are too big for my taste so it would give me a chance to fix that also.

It seems to be working well so far. I didn’t test the water temp yet, but the two clones straightned up and look happy.

:passitleft:

I'm sure you can get the lid off if you take the cuttings out so you don't fear for their safety.

What are your timer settings? My water temp stays at ambient with mine at 1 minute on/15 minutes off.
Yeah, I just wasn’t thinking when I put the lid completely on. It’s not a big deal, they do come off just not something I’d want to do everyday.

Hmmm thanks! I totally forgot about the timer, it’s on 24/7 now. I’ll check the water temps later today. My other one holds 3.5gal and I always ran it 24/7 without issues.

Are you checking using your hand? Don't you have a meat thermometer handy? Glad the cuttings look good though!
Oh yeah meat thermometer, good idea I’ve got a couple of them. My brain compartmentalizes everything and I often miss obvious things, thanks. I actually didn’t even take the lid off, just felt the side of the bucket for warmth/heat. The splashes of water that hit my hand seemed cool when I checked for roots (there aren’t any yet).

After coming to the conclusion that I am the environmental disaster my plants fear most, I decided to only visit the garden in person once every three days (I check the cameras about 75,000 times a day though). The clones looked good yesterday. I think anything I do now will only hurt them. I’ll probably just leave it up to the cannabis gods to decide if the temps are too high. The tent was 84°, so I do have concerns. It’s just a lark, if these don’t pop roots that meat thermometer and a pump timer are going to be the first things I add, thanks for the tip.

That's BADASS!!!!!!!!!!

I've had more success with my cloning dome projects and I've built a similar gizmo that did work, with less success than I anticipated. I'm certainly for trying again and thank you for the plans here. Did you ever try using a micro cool system. I might try that as a mod, off to the interwebs to shop out my ideas... Nice build!

A few days ago I noticed my water wasn’t cool anymore so I put the pump on a mechanical timer that goes for 15 minutes than off for 15 and they both still look good. I think they had tiny root nubs showing. I ordered the same 3 minute timer Shed mentioned on the first page, hopefully it’ll be here today but I think these will be ready for transplant soon regardless.

That's BADASS!!!!!!!!!!
I've had more success with my cloning dome projects and I've built a similar gizmo that did work, with less success than I anticipated. I'm certainly for trying again and thank you for the plans here. Did you ever try using a micro cool system. I might try that as a mod, off to the interwebs to shop out my ideas... Nice build!
Micro cool? Is that to control the water temps? I figure I'd just run it when the outside temps are perfect water temps. :)
A few days ago I noticed my water wasn’t cool anymore so I put the pump on a mechanical timer that goes for 15 minutes than off for 15 and they both still look good. I think they had tiny root nubs showing. I ordered the same 3 minute timer Shed mentioned on the first page, hopefully it’ll be here today but I think these will be ready for transplant soon regardless.
Congrats on the nubs DrD! That timer is terrific, but I need the manual handy every time I want to change the interval. I can not remember the series of button presses :rolleyes:.

No, Its not about temperature.

Its about smaller water droplets suspended in the air.

Micro cool is also micro mist.

Ive never worried too much about water temps with clones, 70-85 should be fine I think.

What temp do you keep your cloninator at?

Back
Top Bottom