Buttercream Gelato, LED Light, Soil, 1st Grow

I've just read back and see you have canna start, next time the plant dries out hit it with a little shot of that.
Never used canna start before, what does it say to give a young plant on the bottle?
I was looking at the biobuzz ferts. Keep it simple. One for veg and one for bloom. Then look at something a bit exotic to add.

What are you using? With you being UK. I have opened an account with the company you recommended. Got biobuzz soil coming and bigger pots,Monday.

I was looking at the biobuzz ferts. Keep it simple. One for veg and one for bloom. Then look at something a bit exotic to add.

What are you using? With you being UK. I have opened an account with the company you recommended. Got biobuzz soil coming and bigger pots,Monday.
Cool, that company have not let me down.

As for nutes, I try to keep it simple.
In veg;
Great white mycorrhizea (for roots),
Buddhas tree solar green ( silica for strong cells),
Plant magic soil grow (base grow nutrient )

In flower;
Great white,( I'll stop this for last few weeks),
Buddha tree pk 9-18 (bloom booster, around week 3),
Terpinator ( terpine booster)
Plant magic flower ( base flower nutrient)

There's so many ways to play it that it's best to keep it simple at first. When I first started I grew plants with simple grow and flower nutrient, until I had an idea of the cycle. The addatives have to be added at the right times for them to have an affect.
Loads of people on here use the bio bizz range of nutrients, have a look around see what you think. Their base nutes are fair prices but some of the addatives are pricey.

Day 24

Watered them yesterday and today they have responded really well.

Not sure what has changed. Repotting tomorrow when pots arrive.

Not sure what is causing the yellowing of the lower leaves. They are becoming brittle and dying.

Is this because they need repotting urgently? Or am I making some other mistake?

Temps 23 and humidity 40%. Watering just mineral water. Ph 6.2.
20210124_170936.jpg

20210124_155410.jpg

Cool, that company have not let me down.

As for nutes, I try to keep it simple.
In veg;
Great white mycorrhizea (for roots),
Buddhas tree solar green ( silica for strong cells),
Plant magic soil grow (base grow nutrient )

In flower;
Great white,( I'll stop this for last few weeks),
Buddha tree pk 9-18 (bloom booster, around week 3),
Terpinator ( terpine booster)
Plant magic flower ( base flower nutrient)

There's so many ways to play it that it's best to keep it simple at first. When I first started I grew plants with simple grow and flower nutrient, until I had an idea of the cycle. The addatives have to be added at the right times for them to have an affect.
Loads of people on here use the bio bizz range of nutrients, have a look around see what you think. Their base nutes are fair prices but some of the addatives are pricey.
I am looking at feeding once I have repotted in the next couple of days.

I am looking at biobizz bio grow, bio bloom, and topmax. Keeping it simple for now. I can always get others for grow 2.

Day 25

Should have repotted earlier.

Now in their new pots. Nutrients in the post. Will start those in a day or two. See how they like the soil.

Starting to think about topping or LST next.
20210125_125001.jpg
20210125_130308.jpg
Nice job bosscat.
Those roots are looking good, I think it was a perfect time to up pot. You've got a good root system going that'll support the plant going forward.
The slight yellowing of leafs suggests it wants a bit of food, that's coming, so all good.:thumb:

As for training, try both ways you suggested, top then lst. You have 2 plants to play (experiment) with.

Seems like you are finding your way, now that you have a solid root mass under the plants they will take off like crazy.
I see you have had watering issues.
With your new bigger homes you will find that water needs are going to increase dramatically.
Once they establish in the new planters they will be hungry, the yellow tips are a strong indicator of needing nitrogen the biggest thing required at that stage.

Oh, one more thing, with fabric pots it's good to have an air gap between the pot and floor, it allows them to dry out evenly. I lift mine off the floor using racks.
Google "dunnage floor racks" to see what I use, they use them in commercial kitchens, but you can use all sorts, like fridge shelves.
I was thinking same with fabric pots. No one wants a soggy bottom.

Seems like you are finding your way, now that you have a solid root mass under the plants they will take off like crazy.
I see you have had watering issues.
With your new bigger homes you will find that water needs are going to increase dramatically.
Once they establish in the new planters they will be hungry, the yellow tips are a strong indicator of needing nitrogen the biggest thing required at that stage.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Nutrients are on the way. Hopefully the new soil will keep them fed til they arrive.

I'd say it's up to you. Give them a gentle tug and if they come off they come off. If not then leave them and they'll fall off at some point. Won't do any harm but you can cut them off if you don't like the look of them.

I'd say it's up to you. Give them a gentle tug and if they come off they come off. If not then leave them and they'll fall off at some point. Won't do any harm but you can cut them off if you don't like the look of them.
Thanks for that.

I have decided to top one and LST the other. Already tied one over. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Back
Top Bottom