CA215's 1st Indoor Grow Tent 600W HPS & MH 48X48X78

How many plants should be in my grow tent? (48"x48"x78")

• 1-2

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 5-6

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 7-8

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Shouldnt have put 5 options ;(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KJ, dude I feel ya... I was feeling a little played once I started seeing what weight I was actually looking at.. :laugh: I've already been jarring up my rascal bro, they were big nugs but they are considerably smaller.. that 79 degrees was not doing my buds justice what so ever.... All my rascal is getting burped now, every 4-8 hours, sometimes even more because im already smoking on these meds, no need to spend my cash when I can smoke this. It isn't cured but smoked very well. Doesn't not burn or make you cough, the taste is a little off though.. Probably wont even be able to conserve it until its full cure potential :blunt: next door neighbors are liking the smell i'll tell ya that, they wre just outside and I burned a fatttttty.. they kept walking by the fence it was attracting them lol.. some funny shit I get some good laughs with the rascal. I hope you enjoy yours KJ, I think they are drying perfect bro, compared to my shit you are doing perfect LOL. You could, this is what I did on the last day of drying, jarred all the nugs up half way in the jar and let it sit for an hour or two, feel the nugs, they should feel spongy again, the moisture should redistribute throughout the bud and will make for a better drying process, keep an eye on your buds tho they seem to dry really quick after you do this. I jarred them with some moisture a day after to keep that danky smell.. seemed to work pretty good. Now just staying strict with my burping and everything should be well :peace:

I only have one strain that needs to cure to get good smoke....alot of em are good just being dried! You guys remember with the smells hat some weed has a musky smell, not to be confused with mold or mildew, you'll know which ones cuz they have that smell when they are on the plant growing!

I started putting them in jars, got the 6 tier rack in jars (the rack was the 1st ones taken down) So I think they were up there about 5 days.

Filled 2 One gallon jars, 6 1/2 gallon jars, 2 Quart jars.

I had to cut out most of the stems and roll the jars around to get them to fit.

That's probably about 1/4 to 1/3 of the whole yield. I still have about 25~30% of the 1st grow in the flower room finishing up.

The rest is drying on 7 fishing lines in the clone closet.

Q. How full should the jars be before it's not good?

Q. pretty much all the stems should be mostly gone except the main colas, right? In order to make more fit, I'm cutting the nugs off the stems, this shouldn't hurt the drying/curing process should it.

I'm going to have to buy a bunch more jars, just gotta figure out how many more.

Good karl, when you burp the jars roll the buds around enough to make em come apart in the jar...so that's how much extra room you need, this will shape your buds too........it's a lovely thing!

I like how mcloadie explained it, that's exactly how I do it. When I feel em a little too crispy, jar them, let them redistribute, and let dry a little more. I try to keep my jars half full so when I burp I can roll the buds around in the jar and blow some fresh air down towards the bottom.. gallon mason jars?! HOLY BALLS! I didn't even know they made those.. Im using OZ jars, currently have 5 filled. I did a small wegh sess yesterday for rascal and was a little under 35 grams, and I've probably smoked a quarter easy :cheesygrinsmiley: oz & a half is nice a dandy for me no doubt :thumb: Purple crack got flushed the day before yesterday with 4 gallons another flush to follow today, going to give her a nice trich check up and see how she is looking, letting her go the longest past her "flowering time" to get me some good night time buds. This was supposed to be done at 49 days but we are now at around day 65-70 not sure on an exact date but will get it for the next update. The nugs are all so heavy they are bending over it looks awesome, A little more airy than the rascal, but still looking to be some fine meds :peace: Update in a little bit. Time to water the babies.

Purple Crack has been moved into the 4X8 to begin darkness. I will flush again today regardless but she will stay in the darkness. I can see amber trichs without using a damn scope lol.. Perfect :circle-of-love: these trichs look HUGE, so fat and chunky.. Cant wait to start the cure process on these pretty looking nuglets.. Pictures to proceed shortly :peace: Watered the outdoor girls, they are looking great, super green with tons of new growth. Fed with pH water to 5.6, 2 gallons with 15mL neptunes harvest liquid seaweed, 7.5mL unsulphered molass, and a little added SNS209. I missed my neem oil spray last night because I was too baked lol. Tonight we will do a follow up neem spray to knock these bugs doooown, :peace: CA215

Hiyah Ca,
Well done with the harvesting. Lovely looking buds. Good luck on the outdoor girls, hope the weathers perfect and the bugs keep off.
See you around,
Dutch

Thanks for stopping by and for the reps mr dutch dragon!! Got a couple dried and in curing pictures for ya, plus some outdoors and the remainder of the indoor grow. Everything is wrapping up nicely, no signs of PM anymore or bugs in the tent. outdoor is getting hammered with little effers.. We will succeed though regardless, I will keep the beat down going with all the sprays :headbanger:

Side note, does anyone know is baby praying mantis walking around on your plants is OK? I'm seeing about 5 of these little tan guys doing their thing.. I mean, if they eating some bugs that shouldn't be around my plants i'm all for it. if not ill squash the little buggers :laughtwo:

Here is some rascal Og kush
IMG_21604.jpg

IMG_21587.jpg

IMG_21614.jpg

This little guy is coming down tomorrow, this is the 1 clone I kept, it is also Purple crack
IMG_21624.jpg

Here is a White Widow
IMG_21633.jpg

IMG_21647.jpg

IMG_21655.jpg

Here is the unkown bagseed, transplanted 2,3 days ago idk i'm a burnout
IMG_21668.jpg

this is WW #2
IMG_21689.jpg

IMG_216911.jpg

next is the Blue Dream
IMG_21718.jpg

IMG_21708.jpg

The BOG Sour Boggle
IMG_21725.jpg

And some pictures of Big Betsy, also a Unknown bagseed
IMG_21734.jpg

IMG_21778.jpg

IMG_21765.jpg

IMG_21785.jpg

Purple crack removed this morning right when the lights came on (should have pulled her last night lol.. oh well) Figuring ill add the 13 hours of darkness on to her from then. Man, she is getting THICK!
IMG_21793.jpg

IMG_21819.jpg

And last but not least, remainder of the indoor grow. 5 gal Platinum OG kush looking shatty, and 3 bagseed that smell and look danky a f.
IMG_21834.jpg

IMG_21844.jpg

IMG_21864.jpg

IMG_21854.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, hope your gardens are doing superb :thumb: , CA215

OG, Will give sannies a jot.. always sketched on the mailing stuff, makes me paranoid than a mofo! Lets know how that blueberry was? Tasty? What did the breeder say on those flowering times OG? I remember you saying you passed them right, 14 weeks if pushing it to the limits! They look/sound like thay can go for a FEW more weeks..... 17 weekers?! DAAAMMMMNNN :thedoubletake:

I was the same way, but have never had an issue, If you dont't want to order them let me know I have some of his seeds, two feminized and two regular so there are a few beans to play with, everything I ready said 11-13 weeks this Wednesday will be 14 for the Madsahack and the Blueberry, Sugar Punch and the PPK came unhitched from the ground shortly after I got home, waiting for the kids to do their thing so I can trim a little of it, will post some pics the smell is strong very strong , walk out the back door of the house and smell them now after cutting them down. Will get an update on my journal. The Blueberry and the PPK smoked very well smooth as hell and very stony so I am good with that can't wait for my first sample of madshack, Peace and great grow going got the outdoor kicking here as well need to add some more plants my numbers are low, lol.

I was the same way, but have never had an issue, If you dont't want to order them let me know I have some of his seeds, two feminized and two regular so there are a few beans to play with, everything I ready said 11-13 weeks this Wednesday will be 14 for the Madsahack and the Blueberry, Sugar Punch and the PPK came unhitched from the ground shortly after I got home, waiting for the kids to do their thing so I can trim a little of it, will post some pics the smell is strong very strong , walk out the back door of the house and smell them now after cutting them down. Will get an update on my journal. The Blueberry and the PPK smoked very well smooth as hell and very stony so I am good with that can't wait for my first sample of madshack, Peace and great grow going got the outdoor kicking here as well need to add some more plants my numbers are low, lol.

Sounds good bro we can work something out, I feel like I can order to a different address. Plus the resident would be a postal worker also so I think I can make something work here, I just hate ordering something your not supposed to. but I've personally never heard of anyone getting in trouble from ordering seeds but with my luck, ya, don't Really wanna chance it.. Planning on any more beans outdo? I'm thinking about germinating a sweet cindy aswell, would be some good shit, get my number back up to 6 as big betsy wont last until a reveg, her bus are getting THICK also so I don't see how she could reveg, would those buds get all faaked? She's looking to me to be a great plant for bubble bags, her leaves are going to be covered in sticky goodness.. Will head by your journal OG :Namaste:

Don't kill the praying mantis, they will get bigger and eat even MORE bugs!:thumb:

Perfect, I didn't kill any, they seem like they would be more of predator and take out other bugs, that's why you always go with your gut instinct, but then double check with 420MAG! hah! thanks for the reinforced info mcl! :thumb:

Hey, check out my grow log, got about 75% into jars! Looks cool. The smell is STRONG when you open those jars :D That Rascal has a strong lemon smell!

Good lookin KJ, got a whole lotta herb to keep ya feelin groovy :hippy: Glad you are getting that nice lemony smell, I seem to get a little hint of it in the taste, definitely getting masked by other flavors aswell, very earthy and smooth. Have you smoked any samples? Been rolling nice long joints, super sticky perfect combo. Will be looking for this strain again when I have a little more experience. Would like to see this stuff grown to its full potential :tokin:

Got out back last night after the fattest dab of my life to get some work done, I could not breathe right for 10 minutes. So killer... bho is some nasty garbage can't believe I still spend my money on it, need to switch over to some co2 stuff damn killing myself. Anyways I actually got out there and sprayed everything down. I don't know about you guys but I spray everything, anywhere, twice. Top, bottom, around the corner, to the side, everyyyyyyyywhere.. TWICE.. It seems to being doing justice for my plants, I am not seeing any bugs on them for a few days following sprays and no new holes on leaves from bugs munchin my sweet leaf.. I might up spraying to every 5 days, insecticide/miticide first day followed by neem oil spray. I do all my spraying right when the sun is about to dip behind the mountain, giving me about 5 minutes to spray in some decent light then a good 15-20 in dim lit. Always at night, if you can do it at least 3 hours before the sun comes up. Always shake your plant off after spraying to get excess water pockets off the plants crevices and what not to avoid magnifying light on your sweet leaf. No direct sunlight ever I learned that last outdoor grow. Platinum OG Kush and Big Betsy are going to receive flower nutes after this post, small indoor plants in 2L's&milk cartons get their second flush today. I began cutting some lower branches off the purple crack and trimmed up this morning, will dry to about a quarter, will do a couple branches each day, label them on masons, see if we get some different highs with prolonged darkness on the girl. I like doing these little experiments for some tangible experience, shoot me :laugh: :peace: CA215

I just shut down the indoor tent. Everything is now outdoors! Everything is so quiet inside now, feels like a whole different house lol.. Looking forward to the money being saved with all those fans and the light off. Will get some pictures up here shortly. Finishing up watering the girls, sprayed Plat Kush with serenade, saw some small mold forming on a leaf, and we all know when that happens, EVERYTHING GETS SPRAYED!! Just got done with that and took a shower, that stuff is killer.. Time to burn and photo opp. Expect photos shortly :peace:

I just shut down the indoor tent. Everything is now outdoors! Everything is so quiet inside now, feels like a whole different house lol.. Looking forward to the money being saved with all those fans and the light off. Will get some pictures up here shortly. Finishing up watering the girls, sprayed Plat Kush with serenade, saw some small mold forming on a leaf, and we all know when that happens, EVERYTHING GETS SPRAYED!! Just got done with that and took a shower, that stuff is killer.. Time to burn and photo opp. Expect photos shortly :peace:

Hah great minds think alike, needing a drying room for the two already harvested I too shut down the inside grow, Shack and the Blueberry are in the dark for 48 hours and the PPK and sugar punch are in there with the fans drying then they will get trimmed up and ready for curing, Mold sucks hope it dies. Look forward to the photo update will have a few new pics here shortly after I trim up one branch off of Sugar Punch, Peace OG

As for the outdoor girls will have 6 and can go up to 12 so there will be a few more beans popping here shortly will try and do the regular seeds and see if we can get a male.

I can now enjoy some homegrown fellas :Namaste: thanks for all the help!

That's what it's all about. :high-five:

TBH, I really don't see an advantage to the drying rack. I'm using one and filled it up pretty quick. I bought some fishing string and started hanging to dry and the hanging is a bit more work, but I can't see any real advantage to the drying rack over hanging. JMO...

The only advantage the rack offers is making it easier to dry smaller buds with no branch. I bought a rack, but ended up hanging 90% of my harvest. The only stuff that went into the rack were all the little "oops" nugs that got cut off during triming and a few smaller branches with no way to hang.

Your drying environment is pretty good karl, one thing I take into consideration when drying is that the outer portion of the buds dry more quickly than the inside and the stick, if I think they are drying too quickly and un evenly I will jar em, let the moisture redistribute through the bud, and put em back out to dry....just me, and if I waited for the stem to snap my bud would be ruined!, or way less quality....just always keep in mind exactly what you're trying to accomplish , act on those ideas and you will be fine!

Exactly what I do. Hang them. When they are getting dry, jar them. If they are still too wet in the jar, I'll pour the jar onto a screen and let them dry another day or whatever they need. The rack can be useful for this since they get cut off the stems before going into the jar.

Side note, does anyone know is baby praying mantis walking around on your plants is OK? I'm seeing about 5 of these little tan guys doing their thing.. I mean, if they eating some bugs that shouldn't be around my plants i'm all for it. if not ill squash the little buggers :laughtwo:

Keep 'em. Praying Mantii are one of the best predatory insects you can get! Plus they look cool! AFAIK, they are carnivores, so they won't hurt your plants at all.

I love your big outdoor bush. She looks a little unusual, but she's still beautiful :)

Hell yeah OG get them regs going brotha, should be dry by today, you have any samples tasted? Liking the high you are getting brotha?! Really got my money on the blue dream for a male, such a nice structure.. Love the lst I got going on her, waiting on the sour boggle to get going, starting to see noticeable growth every day, beginning to push out her second set of leaves. Really want to see how this girl grows, as I have plenty of her seeds. Been a very busy week, got a little time to get some pictures up. Thanks for stopping by Hiker! Yeah she looks very odd, My purpose of making her look really weird is so she isn't noticed by the street. a lot of people know what the normal pot leaf looks like, with her pushing out all these different finger leaves and me cutting the tips off, she looks like a regular ol' plant, but her smell cannot be masked AT ALL, so danky.. :thumb:

here's some pictures. Should have some time this weekend for a better update, I cut down plat kush 2 days ago, and put all the rest of the small indoor plants into darkness. they are still alive just waiting for some free time to get them documents, trimmed, and dried properly.

IMG_22307.jpg

IMG_22284.jpg

IMG_22296.jpg

IMG_22259.jpg

IMG_22266.jpg

IMG_22248.jpg

IMG_22238.jpg

IMG_22224.jpg

IMG_22203.jpg

IMG_22215.jpg

IMG_22142.jpg

IMG_22181.jpg

IMG_22164.jpg

IMG_22174.jpg

Gotta give it up for California sun fall, Enjoy, thanks for stopping by, :peace: CA215
IMG_22399.jpg

IMG_223711.jpg

As you can see, pictures above are outdoor, topic title is beginning to stray. 39 pages of information to be reviewed by others, and myself. Very glad I joined the group around here at 420magazine, without the help of you all these lungs wouldn't be smoking these tasty homegrown buds! Would like to give a quick shout out to end these couple months with a bang, OG1969, mcloadie, shottafire, dutch, skunk pilot & moutaingoat, appreciate you all stopping by and offering links, opinions and all around support, and keeping me active on the thread :thumb: Ya'll are some great growers and can't wait to keep spreading the information, at the beginning of the journey I was anticipating some good meds and came into this with the intentions of learning and experimenting, and ended up with just that, meds to burn on, plenty of great information to keep me going on my grows for the next, well, decades, until, I, die! I will grow his magical plant :thumb: & hope you will all follow along on my future journeys :peace: & again, thank you all :Namaste:

So, here is the last of the indoor, laying their beautiful selves on their rack. :yahoo:
IMG_228410.jpg
IMG_228510.jpg
IMG_22876.jpg

The next journal will be started soon, 3 new female strain additions added in today that we will leave as a surprise, a couple more lst bending experiments (been going really crazy with this) & we should be buttoning up with big betsy throughout the next month or two as well. I've started planting my outdoor vegetable garden aswell, might keep up with that aswell typing up what im phing my water for what veggies and what not.. Might just help me make my organic vegetable game top notch as i'm trying with my MMJ :laugh:

IMG_22789.jpg

I will wait to ask for the thread to be closed until I get my next journal started with the link posted.

Thank thy ol' great;

420 Magazine

IMG_22886.jpg

CA215 :peace:

Hey CA215, may I ask how you added photos to posts so that they show on the page and so you don't have to click a link to see them? I'm pretty new! Good job on the journal. Check out my first journal if you've got time :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom