CA215's MMJ

Your still juicing//:thumb:That's awesome.
I tried it way back when we first talked about it.My problem was the juicer.
It was one of the 40 dollar B&Decker one's.It would not juice or puree or what ever you want to call it.lol
Basically it would just grab the leaf and shoot it in to the catch try.
I think one of those Bullet's or ninja's would work great for that.
I'll get one one day.:high-five:

Oh yes my friend, we love our juice. When defoliation comes around we are going to really be getting our juice game on! Void a few lower branches for a friend. I am also using the B&D cheap ~40$ unit.. and I understand where you are coming from..

What I have found is you want to put a big load of leaves stuffed through the loader, almost forcefully packed, so you can slowly ease the handheld plastic pusher down onto packed leaves, Slowly being key here, easing the leaves onto the spinning grader blade allowing for a nice spinning shave. I was throwing in fruits and leaves in attempts of getting some juice made quickly, nope, you really need to take your time with these cheap units.

Pack it from the top, and take that plastic push and give it an easy, slow, consistent steady downward push.. I think I have just done it so many times that I've got this technique down :)

I have even tried re juicing the pulp (which SUCKS!).. But you are 100% right, any other juicer would probably be better LOL.

Getting a post put together while cleaning the house :high-five:

OK,Im gonna give it another shot following your suggestion's.Sound's like it will take some trial and error.
I still have a few bag of good leaf in the freezer from my last attempt.
Would frozen trim make a difference?
Get your shit done brother..Im in no hurry.:lot-o-toke:

Every time I tried to use frozen fan leaves it didn't work out too well.. my leaves always get a little soggy when I thawed them out=hassle in the juicer and a little gross. I still have yet to figure that one out :hmmmm: I tend to try and used the freshest, greenest leaves from the garden :)

:Namaste:

Well, I have been trying this process out for the last few days, "rosin tech". Few weeks back we tried it with herb and didnt get the best results, felt like I was really being wasteful with my medicine. Once I tried it with my collected kief from our grinder, I was hooked.

You will need your kief/collected trichomes, a hair straighter, some parchment paper, and patience.

I've commandeered my girls hair straighter for the past 3 days, with the results from the process I have yet to get in trouble, this stuff is tasty! :laugh:

I simply set the straighter at 3/4ths and allow it time to get nice and hot, collect my kief into a pile on the parchment. Preferabbly, you will want to collect your kief and keep it together as much as possible, the bigger mess on the parchment the more likely you will have contaminants and un pressed kief bouncing around. You want to set the kief with a good placement on the hair straighter to where you will be able to apply a great amount of pressure, press out those juices! Once you hear a sizzle, hold it for 3-4 seconds and release.. the smell you will get will remind you of vaped herb.. real tasty.. You will then open up the parchment to be amazed at what you have made lol.

Regardless of what your results are with this technique, it is cleaner than smoking chemically extracted oils and waxes and I am happy with it. Very safe also, just don't burn yourself. Any small contaminants are not a big deal in my eyes, if you are smoking joints&bowls a few pistil hairs or pieces of herb are not a problem. The taste is something you need to try on your own, really reminiscent of some killer melty hash.
P10125521.JPG
P1012585.JPG
P1012555.JPG

Peel off the pressed kief in the center, you dont want to be smoking this, give it a second press? hungry?
P1012556.JPG

P1012566.JPG

Different strains act differently under heat. I also like pressing smaller amounts for a more refined end product.
P1012588.JPG

P1012527.JPG
P10125901.JPG
P1012545.JPG

Give it a try if you'd like, do some more research on it also there are tons of people posting about it, I wanted to get this up for you all to begin your own adventures. :joint:
Stay safe! :peace: CA215

Damn man,don't get much easier then that.:thumb:
I always make dry ice hash with all my good trim,which is basically kief,and was looking for something (other then pressing and topping my bowl) different to I can do with it.This will be perfect for me.
I do have a chunk left (pressed)and want to try it but I think I'll wait and process so trim on Monday.(Ice shop closed)
I would imagine I would have to let it dry out for a few day's before putting a straight iron to it tho.
Thank's CA..:thumb:

Hey CA:)...I just got caught up on your journal....i have to say that was about the easiest catch up i have had i a while:)...very to the point my friend:)......i have heard some talk about the rosin extraction but had no idea what it was and how easy it seems to be:)...Thank you very much for that info:).....
Now a question:)....now tell me more about weezing the juice from the fan leaves....do you mix it with some other liquid or drink it neat?......i have never juiced anything so i am not very up on the benefits or use:).....my last 6oz of trim i used to make canna coconut oil and then filled capsules and use them for daily pain relief.....2-3 capsules first thing in the morning lasts me almost 8-9 hours....no real high to speak of but the pain benefits out weigh the need to be high;)
Anyway my friend i am glad i finally made it over here....and if you dont mind will be pulling up a chair:).....subd

Damn man,don't get much easier then that.:thumb:
I always make dry ice hash with all my good trim,which is basically kief,and was looking for something (other then pressing and topping my bowl) different to I can do with it.This will be perfect for me.
I do have a chunk left (pressed)and want to try it but I think I'll wait and process so trim on Monday.(Ice shop closed)
I would imagine I would have to let it dry out for a few day's before putting a straight iron to it tho.
Thank's CA..:thumb:

Super simple, we can all be our own concentrate supplier :) I think you are going to start having a blast with as much kief you'll be rollin' in! I think a pressed piece of kief would work better at keeping contaminates out as it wont be so sandy, more like a piece of water hash.. set that pressed puck in a 25 micron pressing screen in between parchment and give it the squeeze!

And with the dry ice extracted resin, yes sir, I would wait a couple days letting it sit out to dry. I have noticed, our ssh#4 phenos resin sizzles when pressed out, surely she needs the jar opened for a couple days. If your resin has moisture, with the sizzle that's heard you'll see the parchment almost looks wavey like it's been wet. Just something I have noticed. And, wet resin seems to be easier to collect that 2 month cured heads.

Hope you're kickin' that cold brotha, hang in there :surf: :joint:

Wicked pictures. That is some very clean kief. :bravo:

Enjoy that! :cheer:

Thank you Les! Surely, I did :) within minutes of making any rosin, it's gone :laugh:

Nicely done CA. OG

Og, thank you sir. Looks like the weather reports were right... Rain since around 2am this morning non stop, keep it coming!!

Hey CA:)...I just got caught up on your journal....i have to say that was about the easiest catch up i have had i a while:)...very to the point my friend:)......i have heard some talk about the rosin extraction but had no idea what it was and how easy it seems to be:)...Thank you very much for that info:).....
Now a question:)....now tell me more about weezing the juice from the fan leaves....do you mix it with some other liquid or drink it neat?......i have never juiced anything so i am not very up on the benefits or use:).....my last 6oz of trim i used to make canna coconut oil and then filled capsules and use them for daily pain relief.....2-3 capsules first thing in the morning lasts me almost 8-9 hours....no real high to speak of but the pain benefits out weigh the need to be high;)
Anyway my friend i am glad i finally made it over here....and if you dont mind will be pulling up a chair:).....subd

Hello Green Dreamz :Namaste:! Haha glad you enjoyed and it wasn't a pain! My past journal were very, jumbled, trying to keep my posts short(ish) n' sweet! Also glad to bring the simplicity of rosin to ya'll, I am really enjoying it.

For juicing of fan leaves, yeah I usually tend to mix them with veggies/fruit that look to be on their last couple days.. I always juice wilted older stuff to avoid throwing it into the compost and being wasteful, although all our pulp from the juicer goes to the compost bin , or, if the k9's will enjoy it they'll get a healthy fibrous snack :Namaste:

I like to use oranges, apples, lemons, persimmons, bananas, any fruit really, celery, spinach, lettuce, carrots, any vegetables you enjoy. I have read when making juice, you should try and keep the colors the same, matching your cannabis leaves with some granny smith apples, celery, possibly some yellow meyer lemons.. you don't want to go crazy with something like peppers, beets, carrots, celery, fan leaves.. what I am getting at is it takes experimenting, some people might like a real green tasting drink, in that case shoot for more veggies in your mix. For myself it was hard at first to drink down a real green juice, so I started with the majority of my jucing consisting of fruits while I would incorporate a leaf or two of lettuce, then work my way up from there. After a year+ of juicing I can down the darkest green/brown mixes I can make :laugh: We have experimented with mixing a lot of different colored items, when you get a mucky looking brown slush I still find it a little harder to ENJOY, and that is the key here, you need to be enjoying the juice, not forcing it down. (even though I still force down some drinks I make LOL, it is going to happen)

I also like making cannabis capsules and they have been part of my daily regimen for months now. We use a crock pot or double broiler to extract in coconut oil for about 8-10 hours.. I never know how potent they were until my grandfather took 2 home... scared him away from cannabis entirely haha. One thing I have been experimenting with is adding cinnamon into the mix.. it makes for some great tasting spicey cannabis burps once those caps crack open inside your gut lol.. :joint:

Hope some of that helps ya GD! Thanks for subbing up, hope it doesn't disappoint. CA215

Amazing close ups CA. Sharp shooter all I can say broda!
Innovative technique using the ceramic heater.
Positives Vibes your way
:peace::peace:

Dani! Thank you much brotha, glad you enjoyed the photos! Positive vibrations right back at ya :surf:
Hope that DE is treating ya well :Namaste:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having issues uploading but was able to get some through. I gathered some super silver haze kief into a ball and placed it on a 25 micron pressing screen, sandwiched between parchment, and proceeded to give it the 4-5 second press at approximately ~330F. The quality of the final product increased a ton, while the yield diminished quite abit. The dab was surely worth it, probably one of the cleanest rips in my times of using mmj.. very appetizing! Here was the result, I am missing some of my favorite micro shots, will continue to try and get them uploaded.

P1012597.JPG

P1012604.JPG

P1012608.JPG

rosin25u_1.jpg

rosin25u_2.jpg

rosin25u_3.jpg

Half collected on TI dabber
rosin25u_t1.jpg

rosin25u_t2.jpg

rosin25u_8.jpg

rosin25u_6.jpg

rosin25u_9.jpg

rosin25u_7.jpg

Got a nice veg/flower tea brewing for the tent, updating soon :Namaste:

Dab looks super clean CA, nicely done, going to have learn that one from you, peace OG

Yes sir that was a killer clean rip. I will surely be experimenting more with this once I have a bit more resin my in possession.
I cannot wait to try some dry ice extracting prior doing the rosin stuff.. that's got to be key here :Namaste: Surely we can get you up to speed on how I was making water hash also in that time buddy! Take care OG hope your week is rolling along smoothly :surf:

I gave the rosin tech a shot and think it's gonna be a hit.lol.:rofl:
I got round up my pic's and I'll post in my journal.We need a good Kief Rosin tech thread..lol
Thank's again CA..:Namaste:
Not a problem brotha Killer update J6K! I have to second the Kiefy rosin page, that would be an awesome photo gallery a year down the road ;) Take care!

True Science over here broda

Love what your doing.

:allgood:
:passitleft:
Thanks for the kind words Danish hope to see you also getting in on some of your resin!!
Got to stop by your journal brotha hope that DE if working in your favor dude! :joint:

4-8 single shot of the plants. Gave them a top coat of super soil on the 4th & I have been giving them a tea every 4 days with Epsom/calmag in between teas. Seeing some increase in gnat activity. May have went a little strong on the last tea, next watering will consist of plain water and sns209 for the gnats. GDP and PC, noticing some purpling of old fan leaf stems & branchy structures, and a bit of a fade down low which is concerning as they are both close to the same liniage. Which means I really need to get these dialed in before the both suffer. Will keep up the efforts :surf:

BJ
P1012640.JPG

PC
P10126311.JPG

GDP
P10126551.JPG

Green mojo for these plants. Keep up the positivity, stay vigilant :thanks:CA215

looks very nice there, as usual CA, peace have a good one OG
Thanks OG! They seem to be slowing down on their stretching and beginning the pistil pumpin' n buddin'
I shall retrieve some photos :surf: Have a great evening brother killer weather right now, love this 70f.

Beautiful lady's CA..:Namaste:
That Phantom Cookies look's like a perfect bush..:thumb:
J6k, Thanks much buddy! :thanks: She is stretching nicely. I need to get in there and adjust the lst to keep these girls under control, planning to give them a lower trimming tomorrow, which should be end of week 2.

Truly hope everyone is having a great week, we all need some positivity in this world so remember to let the small things slide..
Peace, CA215

Definitely one of my worst photo ops, note to self, I cannot rush pictures. Still battling issues with the plants, some yellowing down low on the PC and GDP. The BJ is not taking well to that last compost tea. Getting another bubbling tonight in hopes of correcting some issues, giving them a lower/inner trim tomorrow at lights on. Everything is starting to put off some resin and are smelling a little funky, yeehaw :Namaste: Peace all stay vigilant. CA215
GDP
P10126661.JPG
P1012671.JPG
P1012674.JPG

PC
P1012682.JPG
P1012686.JPG
P1012687.JPG

BJ
P1012695.JPG

Back in tent, I have been cycling them around counter clockwise.
P1012702.JPG

Bless. CA215

Back
Top Bottom