CA215's 1st Indoor Grow Tent 600W HPS & MH 48X48X78

How many plants should be in my grow tent? (48"x48"x78")

• 1-2

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 5-6

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 7-8

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Shouldnt have put 5 options ;(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey CAl I too have went back to the BPN three part worked great on my first grow but I started at like a 1/4 strength and worked my way up a seedling, new clone or not a mature plant cannot use all the nutes, the flushing will remove alot but let the soil dry up and then start back at the lower end of the dosage not agressive growth, tried that on this crop with another nutrient and it did a number but most of the plants were saved. Slowly build up nutes every other or every third feeding depending on how the plant looks, Peace ready for some pics good or bad look at mine they were in bad shape but shaping up now. OG

Tonight is my water night so ill post pics tomorrow, ima get some munchies and will give everything a view, thanks for the info bro!

Just be patient bro. Next time you might want to either cut the soil by using a peat base such as sunshine or promix hp and always add some extra perlite if you can helps with soil compaction and gives the soil a looser more aerated environment for the roots to soak up the oxygen it needs to flourish.

Yeah, beginners f up, I actually got perlite from MG and it had some sorts of nutrients in the perlite aswell? So you know, all this reading about everything having to be spot on, I don't think ive done a good job, probably introduced too many different fertilizers and such. Well see how it turns out but I still got hope

-CA215

Hey there CA215, as stated above be patient and dont over do things, it is easy to do to try and fix something. Flush really good and give them a few days to see how they respond. Not a newb, BUT I DID THE DAMB SAME THING. It happens every now and again roll with it and after the flush, restart the nutes at a 1/4 strength and progress from there. Look forward to pic's. we all like pictures of girllies, Peace and best of luck, OG

Update 2-10-13.

Things are looking well. Was going to flush last night with just water but I didn't.. I put under a 1/4 per gallon and it seems like it did wonders. Plants are looking a lot less withered and have a lot of new growth. I think on a couple of my fim jobs I may have went a little too far down and made my plants ugly (or lightweight toped them).. been doing very minor defol on on the PK and platinum og. Heres some pics from this morning!

IMG_031415.jpg

little sprout.. only one popped so far out of the 6 I germinated
IMG_031615.jpg

plushberry
IMG_031212.jpg

IMG_030715.jpg

purple crack
IMG_031114.jpg

IMG_030817.jpg

purple kush(my experimental plant)
IMG_030615.jpg

IMG_030318.jpg

platinum og kush
IMG_030515.jpg

IMG_030016.jpg

and last but not least the rascal og
IMG_031017.jpg

IMG_030915.jpg

Hope I got the pictures with the right strain, this was a quick update just wanted to get some pics up!!
Getting ready for the work week.. gunna be a long one.. nothing like working a good 60+ hours....... YEARIGHT.

-CA215 :peace:

Heres some of the room. Anything look wrong?

exhaust
IMG_027319.jpg

ghetto intake
IMG_026627.jpg

IMG_026829.jpg

little flip on fan I got for high temps
IMG_027219.jpg

exhaust coming out
IMG_027626.jpg

IMG_027725.jpg

And the Blue Planet Nutrients, this stuff was packaged so nice.. props
IMG_024627.jpg

Be safe everyone! Have a good day.

-CA215:peace:

Update for record keeping. 2-12-13

Last night I started freaking out, noticed a white looking mold on my experimental Purple K.. This is the clone that was having the weird black spot activity on the older fan leaves. I ended up cutting all the mold leaves off and the black dotted f'ers.. Before doing research and figuring out that's a bad idea..

Thinking all my plants might have this issue now because I was touching the plants and moving it as its my experimental.. flinging spores right into the fan.

So I went out and purchased some 0% skim and some distilled water. I'm looking for a damn spray bottle but cannot find one to save my life. Going to have the girlfriend head out and look around the hair salon for a nice one.

Im reading that this white powdery mold cannot be cured, you just have to battle it. Only a week over the grow and I gotta battle this stuff for the next 3-4 months?! ahh man. Im almost contemplating starting over with some new clones, and cleaning this damn tent top to bottom, TWICE! I think my intake at the bottom of my tent could be an issued with it pulling air from the hallway right outside my room where family/dogs are pretty acting. Could this be knocking up pollen off shoes/on carpet?

Ill do some more research!! Appreciate any help.

A small dehumidifier should help some. And try the skim milk and water solution but I would always wash with clean water and I would not do this when your lights go off I would do it before lights come on. If you do it when lights go off your humidity might be a problem. Do you have a fan blowing on and around your plants. they should be lightly moving around from the circulation in the tent.

make sure that your intake is covered with something too. I sent a pm too.

I would run this one out and learn from your mistakes this time around so next one will be all the better!

cheers buddy!

Quick update, 2/14/13

Got up this morning around 4am (1.5hr before light cycle) and gave the plants a good spray with a 10:1 water milk spray with a small drop of soap, aswell as another low dose (1 tbsp. bpn per 4 gal) and had two fans running to make sure they were dry before lights came on. I am still seeing some PM on the purple kush, only one attempt so well keep at it.

I gave some of the fan leaves the bonsai cut to see if it would encourage more growth with the new. I was using the PK as my experimental plant but have now started doing different stuff with all the plants. I want to try different methods with this first grow as an attempt to find a good structure for my next harvest.

Attempting some lst on 2 of the 5 clones (purple kush & platinum og kush) and have fimmed just about all of them. I'm still trying to keep everything to a minimum as I don't want to encounter and big problems from my actions, just some tweaks every here and there.

I have some neem oil I will be trying to use after a couple more milk/water sprays. And am also thinking of putting about a tbsp. in my next flush aswell to promote strength. Has anyone attempted this?

Any input greatly appreciated!

tommy, shotta, going to check out your grows holms'es

I will get some pictures up here a little later. I got LAID OFF!!! So I am now back right at my tents side. Got some unemployment paperwork to attend to, and some applications I have to send out. (I would rather be working than sitting on my arse on unemployment trust me).... (but it would be nice to see these babies grow up) HAH!

Stay blazed :tokin: Here's what I got from the dispensary last night. Two nice quarters to help the time go by.

Mind Fuck
IMG_035622.jpg

Purple Frost
IMG_036027.jpg

-CA215:peace:

Good going on getting up early to spray. Expirementing is the best way to Learn as well.

I am not sure on putting any neem in the growing medium. I'm afraid I don't know enough about that to say you should or shouldn't.
If it were me I would avoid putting that in my plants through the roots. Now spraying with neem in veg is what I would do to prevent further problems in flower. Once they are flowering I do not spray much of anything. The plants in flower will be more susceptible to mold or powdery mildew. So just keep an eye on them and keep the air flowing through the plants.

2-14-13 Quick flix update. Opened up the tent to take some pics.

Here's what Ive been experimenting with
IMG_038016.jpg

sketch purple kush
IMG_037516.jpg

IMG_037712.jpg

purple crack, tied her down today
IMG_038117.jpg

IMG_038215.jpg

rascal og with some stretching unknown seeds
kiuu.jpg

plushberry dead last, looking really healthy though.
IMG_037413.jpg

and heres the platinum og
IMG_037014.jpg

Sorry pictures suck! I need a dang camera

Looks good, the only thing I would suggest when doin lst is to tie sum string around the bottom of the stem and through the pot, opposite to the way uv trained the main branch, it sort of acts like a counter weight and stops the plant from up rooting,
DSC_05293.jpg

Iv had the main stem trained in a full circle so it meets bak on itself but thats with outdoor plants with months veg, ul have loads of fun with it, on the other hand iv had to throw plants away cos theyv completly snapped but u just got mess about with it and ul pick up your own techniques and dont worry if u snap a few its al part of learning, looks really good tho just watch em fill out into a bush

Forsure tommy, ima get in that tent and mess with them right now. Ill figure something out. OG, im running 450 mh right now, and neither. ive been battling this heat lowering it.. cant even get it that close. I ordered a new 6 in 400cfm fan but it wont be here for a couple days. So well see how that works, Im going to hook that mofo up close with some duct close to the light somehow, should make it way easier in the long wrong and help me avoid some problems.

Hoping to see that I did an ok job with the lst but no suprises if I may have failed once or twice, all's good

Smoke up fellas im bout to get 'Mind Fucked' :bongrip:

-CA215

Back
Top Bottom