CA215's 1st Indoor Grow Tent 600W HPS & MH 48X48X78

How many plants should be in my grow tent? (48"x48"x78")

• 1-2

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 3-4

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 5-6

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • 7-8

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Shouldnt have put 5 options ;(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking forward to your progress bud! here to help if possible!

shotta, much appreciated brotha.
Working on posting around the forum abit more to get that post count up.
Just incase theres a prom PM is one click away!! :thumb:

Take care, thanks for visiting the thread!

-CA215 :Namaste:

cant wait, also found an old post for a question i asked a while ago about size fans and filters needed and i got given this equation,,

1. To determine the ventilation required in m3/hour, multiply the area of the room (m2) by 125. For example a grow room of 5m x 2m = 10m2 so the required extraction rate would be 10 x 125 = 1250m3/hour.

so i think most 4 inch fans are 183 m3/h so a 4inch fan will be enough for that grow tent

Set up the tent today, got everything situated but I am having some problems.
I was keeping a steady 43-46% rH but now since I have moved the load into the tent its been steadily dropping and is now at 34%!? Should I pick up a humidifier? Any DIY info out there?
Clones are looking OK. The PK is looking quite withered (hopefully just from the topping and transplant) and was hoping to get some BPN to them but it never showed, hoping tomorrow will be the day my babies get some nourishment!! The Platinum OG is looking very odd, weird grey/brown dots, some bigger and some smaller. Too close too the MH perhaps? I've raised it about another foot since its been in vent. Trying to find a good height so i'm experimenting. The Plushberry which is my most anticipated is getting little burnt tips, more signs of having the lights too close so I backed em up. Both Purple Crack and Raskal OG are looking top notch!:cheer:

Hooked up my exhaust not too long ago, this thing kicks for 4"!! Sucking fresh C02 right through the front of the door.

Lets see if I can get this picture thing to work, did a little research on the forum a bit ago :goodjob:

Heres what I had set up before the tent arrived. Day after transplant.
11762.jpg

Tent in its place.
4868.jpg

From back left to the right. Purple Kush, Purple Crack, Platinum OG(middle), Plushberry, Raskal OG
5671.jpg

Did I have the 450Ws' too close?
7498.jpg

6573.jpg

Overall of the Platinum OG
8391.jpg

Purple Kush looking withered
11763.jpg

PK
13201.jpg

Purple Crack (I like this one)
12271.jpg

Hello, my name is CA215
15158.jpg

Ahhhhh this rh is killing me wtf!!
14177.jpg

(btw the low 64 was me f*ckin around with the thing outside, making sure it was doing its job!)

Hope this pictures turn out!!

-CA215:peace:

cant wait, also found an old post for a question i asked a while ago about size fans and filters needed and i got given this equation,,

1. To determine the ventilation required in m3/hour, multiply the area of the room (m2) by 125. For example a grow room of 5m x 2m = 10m2 so the required extraction rate would be 10 x 125 = 1250m3/hour.

so i think most 4 inch fans are 183 m3/h so a 4inch fan will be enough for that grow tent

Yeah man this 4'' 165cfm is doing work. It moves some air bud! Hope this will help create that atmosphere I most definitely need!! I have another one that will be here tomorrow and some clip on fans. Carbon filter and speed timer should be here also. And I have my finger crossed for those gallons of BPN!!

A small humidifier would do the trick. But before you add one make sure you have everything in place first like carb filter clip on fans etc etc. Also the speed controller will let you play with it a little. once the plants get a little bigger that should help bring the rh up in the tent as well. so you have a 600 watt ballast with a mh bulb right now? I would dim it down if you want to keep it close. personally I would turn that bitch on high and raise it high as well. your plants need to get bigger before you push them.

as far as the plants go they will take off just lay off the water for a bit. The weird spots on the leaves are probably ph related but I could be wrong. Give them a few days. keep us posted.

keep em green

Ideally I would get 1 6" inline fan, a carbon filter, air cooled hood or cool tube. no intake fan just make sure the environment the tent is in is comfortable in the low 70's if you can. and get rid of that hot air with ducting out and away from the room. the tent will have negative pressure and pull in fresh air through its intake vents on the bottom of the tent. When I did my tent I kept c02 boost bags in there. never knew what my c02 ppms were but the tent worked good.

hopefully that helps you a bit

Ideally I would get 1 6" inline fan, a carbon filter, air cooled hood or cool tube. no intake fan just make sure the environment the tent is in is comfortable in the low 70's if you can. and get rid of that hot air with ducting out and away from the room. the tent will have negative pressure and pull in fresh air through its intake vents on the bottom of the tent. When I did my tent I kept c02 boost bags in there. never knew what my c02 ppms were but the tent worked good.

hopefully that helps you a bit

This works perfect thanks for the clear explanation. I should be getting the rest of my equiptment today. Ill get something jivin' and throw some pics up. Im going to use your advice. I wanna run that 600w, I want to see these babys grow! Moving the lights up higher and higher until I can get a steady 75F with the exhaust pulling right above it. I am keeping my bedroom window cfracked about half an inch and it is feeling sufficient. I was freezing my ass off last night tho, Tent dropped to about 61F... SO I still have some work to do, I might just put the exhaust fan on the timer, and leave the tent door cracked at night with the oscilating fan still running.. we'll see im going to be making some tweaks today. Will post more pics later!! I need to go check on my sprout lings!! Hoping they popped!:thumb:

ON TRANSIT TO MY PAD, yessssssss...

Carbon Filter
240CFM Inline fan
Speed timer
BPN 3 part, yes!! I live so far away shipping took quite awhile but I got the gallons so hopefully this will get me through a grow or two.

Stay up my fellow tokers!!

-CA215 :peace:

i had problems at the begnining with heat and very low humidity, i just put a bowl of ice in there and let it evaparate , increased my RH % by 10, might be worth doing as a quick fix untill you get a humidifier or maybe a bucket of water instead of a bowl as the grow space is bigger than my tent , got told you want the humidity as low as possible during later flower tho to prevent bud rot/moulds

100_38952.JPG

Im quite tight with money right now, So I think Ill go run out to the kitchen and set something up like that tommy!! Thank you!! Im running like 39% rH so im sure that will help!! Been off since Wednesday of this week, hopefully I wont get fired/laid off.. I mean, it would be nice then I would be able to see this grow thoroughly, but then again I haven't seen my first PG&E bill HAH!!! Still waiting for that tax return also!!

Last night I had gotten all the equipment, Gfs mom works at the post office and I was able to have her bring me all my goodies without waiting until tomorrow, worked out pretty good. After a great sleep I am up and ready to start getting everything set up TITSSSS! Bought a few extra rolls of duct tape which you can never go wrong with.

Plants got their first BPN feeding last night. Knocked all dosage down to about 75%, and gave both smaller clones a very lightweight dosage just to be on the safe side. The seeds I was germinating poped but were fully out of the seed, got a little bored yesterday and ended up putting them in leftover foxfarm mix in dixies at the bottom of the tent. Still running 450 so hopefully that wont fry em. If these don't want to sprout I will attempt my white widow and blue dream seeds. And if those don't work I will be placing a seedbank order nonetheless :geek: Already have my strains picked out!!!

Will have some more picture here a little later once I get everything set up accordingly!!!

Much love 420mag, I'm thinking I'm getting addicted to you :Namaste:

oh yeh nice work on venting to your attic :thumb:
Thanks bro! Wasn't sure if it would work properly but it seems like its doing the job.. It might get worked around today.. I may be taking a different approach since my carbon filter is here. I went cheap and got the smallest one and damn, this thing is TINY as F!!!! Hopefully it serves its purpose!! :high-five:

Im quite tight with money right now, So I think Ill go run out to the kitchen and set something up like that tommy!! Thank you!! Im running like 39% rH so im sure that will help!! Been off since Wednesday of this week, hopefully I wont get fired/laid off.. I mean, it would be nice then I would be able to see this grow thoroughly, but then again I haven't seen my first PG&E bill HAH!!! Still waiting for that tax return also!!

Last night I had gotten all the equipment, Gfs mom works at the post office and I was able to have her bring me all my goodies without waiting until tomorrow, worked out pretty good. After a great sleep I am up and ready to start getting everything set up TITSSSS! Bought a few extra rolls of duct tape which you can never go wrong with.

Plants got their first BPN feeding last night. Knocked all dosage down to about 75%, and gave both smaller clones a very lightweight dosage just to be on the safe side. The seeds I was germinating poped but were fully out of the seed, got a little bored yesterday and ended up putting them in leftover foxfarm mix in dixies at the bottom of the tent. Still running 450 so hopefully that wont fry em. If these don't want to sprout I will attempt my white widow and blue dream seeds. And if those don't work I will be placing a seedbank order nonetheless :geek: Already have my strains picked out!!!

Will have some more picture here a little later once I get everything set up accordingly!!!

Much love 420mag, I'm thinking I'm getting addicted to you :Namaste:

Hows things going buddy? Do you have any cfls for your seedlings I say this because it is much less stressful for seedlings and if kept close almost touching the plants and a small fan blowing around they grow really well and can get a good start. Hope you dont need to buy more beans. those things are expensive. but I would love to get my hands on a few as well regulars only as I want the male pollen.

cheers buddy

Hows things going buddy? Do you have any cfls for your seedlings I say this because it is much less stressful for seedlings and if kept close almost touching the plants and a small fan blowing around they grow really well and can get a good start. Hope you dont need to buy more beans. those things are expensive. but I would love to get my hands on a few as well regulars only as I want the male pollen.

cheers buddy

:thumb: Ditto that

cheers buddy

:thumb: Ditto that

I do have about 4-6 sets of T5 brackets but none of them have power cables. I was thinking about getting those wired up here after this grow or in the meantime, So then next grow I'll rig a veg room up with about 6x T5's then throw em under my 600HPS for flower. This should work I just need to do research on re wiring, Or have my electrician buddy give me a hand.

Thanks for the input ya'll! Much appreciated! Ill get pic up here soon, Got all the new equipment set up, I just want to let the clones grow abit longer so there is actually something to show. They all have new growth, lime green sprouts coming up everywhere, especially on my favorite Purple crack!! I been doing a lot of FIM (well attempting) and LST on 2 plants. I am using the Purple Kush as my hardcore experimental plant where I am doing all my FIM and LST, and I've done a little FIM to the Purple crack. I just really need a product to smoke at the end of this and don't want to cause issues with every single plant!!, hah :Namaste:

Also, I heard when you fim and what not it slows down the growth time, So hopefully the Plushberry and Raskal OG can make a sprint to catch up!!

Once again thanks for the input fellow 420mag goers!!

-CA215 :peace:

I feel like I shouldn't have fed the plants bpn the other day. Im wondering if the foxfarm soils were a little hot to begin with. I am backing off with feeding for a waterings, give them a good flush tonight and see if they turn around. Don't have a ph meter yet I ordered the Oakton ecotestr with some 7.0 calibration fluid, should be here in a couple days. I totally should have saved my money on these damn pool test strips, so unreliable!!

Hey CA215, You may want to install a vent thru the roof for your exhaust. I know it can be a pita but, any moisture that you feed into the attic can cause mold, water condensation from warm air meeting cold air causes water drips that can run down the rafters and water stain your ceiling. You wouldn't want to feed your bathroom fan directly into the attic for the same reason. Other than that... NICE.

I feel like I shouldn't have fed the plants bpn the other day. Im wondering if the foxfarm soils were a little hot to begin with. I am backing off with feeding for a waterings, give them a good flush tonight and see if they turn around. Don't have a ph meter yet I ordered the Oakton ecotestr with some 7.0 calibration fluid, should be here in a couple days. I totally should have saved my money on these damn pool test strips, so unreliable!!

Hey CAl I too have went back to the BPN three part worked great on my first grow but I started at like a 1/4 strength and worked my way up a seedling, new clone or not a mature plant cannot use all the nutes, the flushing will remove alot but let the soil dry up and then start back at the lower end of the dosage not agressive growth, tried that on this crop with another nutrient and it did a number but most of the plants were saved. Slowly build up nutes every other or every third feeding depending on how the plant looks, Peace ready for some pics good or bad look at mine they were in bad shape but shaping up now. OG

Just be patient bro. Next time you might want to either cut the soil by using a peat base such as sunshine or promix hp and always add some extra perlite if you can helps with soil compaction and gives the soil a looser more aerated environment for the roots to soak up the oxygen it needs to flourish.

Hey CA215, You may want to install a vent thru the roof for your exhaust. I know it can be a pita but, any moisture that you feed into the attic can cause mold, water condensation from warm air meeting cold air causes water drips that can run down the rafters and water stain your ceiling. You wouldn't want to feed your bathroom fan directly into the attic for the same reason. Other than that... NICE.

Good one. I never thought about that.. I think its starting to warm up a little around here, hopefully it isn't too cold up there.. Ill be sure to check on that often though, Don't want to be replacing any sheet rock, Appreciate it!! How do I give 'props'? :peace:

-CA215

Back
Top Bottom