Calyx Hunter's - Soil - Multi Strain - 4X4 Tent - 600W HPS

Your MH and HPS comparison is intriguing. I feel there are many variables to mention.
Did you compare a 400W MH to a 1000W HPS? Yes
Were both of the bulbs brand new with 0 hours on them? Yes
Were both used with a Digital Ballast? Both magnetic actually
Were both used with the same hood and reflective capability? Same umbrella canopy with vertical bulb placement. Same distance to light, might have been my mistake for resin quality drop?
Were both grows with the same strains? Both my pineapple
Were both grows using the same medium and nutrients throughout? Yup Lucas + liquid koolbloom and molasses every other non nute feeding
Did both have the exact same environmental conditions including temp and humidity? Temp no, the 1000w is 5c warmer at canopy, humidity roughly same

For any valid comparison every detail needs to be comparable. So many things can contribute to resin production in those final weeks.

Anyone hear about jamming toothpicks through branches to scare the plant into producing more resin in the last few days before harvest? I hear it activates the plants defense mechanism.

Lol just answered within the quote.
Toothpicks in the stock? I definitely didn't hear of it. Like poke below the buds? Or just anywhere?

Back on the bulbs. I have 2 new sunmaster 1000w mh bulbs and 1 used and 1 new hps sun master. Was thinking on swapping bulbs at the end weeks I've read before. And seeing resin from my old grows.

Sorry I fucked up. Environmental conditions were quite bit different now that I think about it.

When I ran the mh, I had fuck all for ventilation maybe 75cfm, now I have well over 300cfm.
When I had the mh I didnt have reflective shit on the walls.
Mh didn't have as many fans blowing air. Was 3 now 6. PC fans, I'm broke lol can't even afford a fan right now.
Bulb was same distance, maybe that's why resin production is down. Let me finish up these next 2 rounds, and fuck it I'll do a side by side back2back grow mh vs hps. Also taking time to consider boiling roots, always side by side to compare lol. Be another 5 weeks ish.

By then I should have my light distance covered, and yellowing. So I can have better conditions to compare.

Sorry back to back posts. I have to do some research on using mh in my magnetic hps ballast. The guy who gave me the ballast said they ran mh or hps. But its magnetic and no switch.
I know how to read wire diagrams and wire ballasts. And I know 1000w are wired differently then 400s and 600s. Just there is no damn info on magnetic ballasts. That I can find. I'm competent enough to install a rocker switch if needed I just can't find out where. Lol I got 1kw ballasts so if I fry something I could replace it, buuuut I'd rather not burn my house down.

Maybe I'll make a post see if some of the old skool magnetic ballast guys can shed some light.

Lol just answered within the quote.
Toothpicks in the stock? I definitely didn't hear of it. Like poke below the buds? Or just anywhere?

Back on the bulbs. I have 2 new sunmaster 1000w mh bulbs and 1 used and 1 new hps sun master. Was thinking on swapping bulbs at the end weeks I've read before. And seeing resin from my old grows.

Damn Stumped you cover your bases well. I'm curious then on how the MH could've yielded better. Maybe we're all just following along with the whole HPS is better for flower thing.

Yes toothpicks jammed through the stalks. I've heard jamming them through the stem anywhere on the brranch a few days or up to a week before harvest will cause the bud to use its defense mechanism and produce more resin. I kind of want to try it on a few branches. It could another myth or it could be the 8th wonder of the world. I must say I am a little skeptical about the boiling water to the roots thing.

Day 63 total
Day 33 of 12/12
Day ~ 25 of flower

I purchased some Fox Farm Bush Doctor series nutrients yesterday. I got the Sledgehammer and the new Bembe. They both have a very sweet and pleaseant fragrance. I got the sledgehammer due to my GWS issue. I irrigated both the Great White Shark and Lemon Kush with 2 tsp Tiger Bloom, 2 tsp Sledgehammer and 2 tsp Bembe per gallon.

I clipped Cyclops off of the Diamond Girl. It was too weird and low and I didn't like it sapping her energy just to be entertained by a freak show.
Day63a.JPG

Rogue got to nibble just a little bit. He purred.
Day63b.JPG

Shhhhhh I've only seen the movie once. My step-daughter had a huge thing for Thorin (and Filli and Killi (Mitchell from Almost Human)) after the first hobbit.
We saw Smaug in iMax. I braided my beard dwarvish. She put on elvish ears and and took photos with the movie posters.

I was going to ask why you mentioned Middle Earth, then I looked at my screen name, duh!!!!

Ahhhh are you guys speaking english?? God I'm old............:circle-of-love:

No just trash. It was too young and not developing and it wasn't worth any hassle. It was interesting to look at and I hoped it would form some super cola but alas the freak was not growing well. The few tops I have left on the Diamond Girl are starting to look good. Maybe now that they aren't being sapped by the Cyclops conjoined twin they'll really take off.

Day 64 total
Day 34 of 12/12
Day ~ 26 of flower

I just irrigated the Hindu Kush with 2 tbsp FF Big Bloom, 2 tsp FF Sledge Hammer and 2 tsp FF Bembe per gallon. I used 2 gallons.

This grow is so dang fun! I'm doing minimal training and allowing my light to penetrate deep and keeping up good airflow. Smelling dank

Here's my droopy back corner OG before irrigation yesterday. I think letting go til droopy is ok. BUT NO LONGER!!!
Day64a.JPG

Hindu size comp
Day64b.JPG

Hindu size comp 2
Day64c.JPG

I adore the growth of the Hindu
:adore:
Day64d.JPG

OG and Hindu sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g
Day64e.JPG

back corner OG Kush top trichome closeup
Day64f.JPG

Hindu top closeup, yeah she's still hairy. Those middle eastern girls, boy I tell you what...
day64g.JPG

The lineup
Day64j.JPG

the picture labeled, "back corner OG KUSH top trichome closeup", dude those calyxs are looking so nice and plump. if im not mistaken thats a calyx growing out of a calyx right in the center right? love when that happens, you know your gunna have some nice dense nugs. looks great!

The dimmable ballasts have a dial on them. If yours don't have a dial, you wouldn't be able to dim without modifying.

OK, I didn't know that it decreased your wattage when dimming your lights. I run mine on bright since I am in flower, so is this using 600 watts? or is it using more watts due to being on super bright? I am running the XtraSun Dimmable Digital Ballast 600 Watts.

OK, I didn't know that it decreased your wattage when dimming your lights. I run mine on bright since I am in flower, so is this using 600 watts? or is it using more watts due to being on super bright? I am running the XtraSun Dimmable Digital Ballast 600 Watts.

Post a picture of your ballast dimming knob. There should be labels for each wattage setting. Here's mine which I've only used at 600 Watt. Oh and never change the wattage while your lamp is on.
Solis_Tek_600W1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom