Calyx Hunter's - Soil - Multi Strain - 4X4 Tent - 600W HPS

@ ~ 30 days of flower, today, I have decreased the light cycle by 30 minutes for a 12.5 dark and 11.5 light cycle. 12.5\11.5 for last half of flower

I did this to trick the plants into finishing. This is experimental.

I have a philosophy that I live by. Nature has evolved cannabis to what it is today. Sure selective breeding practices have been in place for about the past 20 years with cannabis but it has evolved for millions of years in nature. Which process do you think has played a bigger part at what is available today, nature or selective breeding by humans. Nature wins hands down.

In nature the cue for cannabis to mature is the decreasing day light hours. I use what nature has instilled in the plant over millions of years of evolution to benefit my garden.
History and earth biology play a huge part in how I decide to manipulate my cannabis plants. If we follow what nature has laid out before us we will grow with purpose and understanding. We can provide everything the plant needs to grow and mature just as they have for millions of years.

I wonder if there is a planet out in the universe with a population of intelligent beings very similar to humans that medicinally use a plant that is similar to cannabis. I bet the leaves look like their hands.

OK maybe cannabis selective breeding has been around for longer than 20 years and it is probably closer to 2000 years but my point remains. Evolution and nature have played a bigger part in cannabis growth patterns than humans have.

@ ~ 30 days of flower, today, I have decreased the light cycle by 30 minutes for a 12.5 dark and 11.5 light cycle. 12.5\11.5 for last half of flower

I have a philosophy that I live by. Nature has evolved cannabis to what it is today. Sure selective breeding practices have been in place for about the past 20 years with cannabis but it has evolved for millions of years in nature. Which process do you think has played a bigger part at what is available today, nature or selective breeding by humans. Nature wins hands down.

In nature the cue for cannabis to mature is the decreasing day light hours. I use what nature has instilled in the plant over millions of years of evolution to benefit my garden.
History and earth biology play a huge part in how I decide to manipulate my cannabis plants. If we follow what nature has laid out before us we will grow with purpose and understanding. We can provide everything the plant needs to grow and mature just as they have for millions of years.

I wonder if there is a planet out in the universe with a population of intelligent beings very similar to humans that medicinally use a plant that is similar to cannabis. I bet the leaves look like their hands.

very well said.. hope the extended dark period works out for you.. i'm late but i'm subbed

There you go, waxing all poetic and shit :)

You aren't wrong. In the 20,000 or so years we have been carrying this herb around the globe, there have been some change in photoselectivity and other traits where human intelligence made conscious selections based on "wholistic" human understanding. In the last 200 or so years the decisions have been based on a "scientific" understanding of the world where observations less to conscious selections based on human understanding of individual elements. This scientific approach often leads to an approach where humans kill the forest "perfecting" a tree.

I agree that these human selections often ignore the natural wisdom of nature's selections in the millions of years of co-evolution of human and cannabis.
:bravo:
I applaud your choice to use nature as a guide to scientifically select an approach to perfecting this domesticated herb.

very well said.. hope the extended dark period works out for you.. i'm late but i'm subbed

Thank you Tamir and Welcome! The show is just getting interesting so you picked a good time.

There you go, waxing all poetic and shit :)

You aren't wrong. In the 20,000 or so years we have been carrying this herb around the globe, there have been some change in photoselectivity and other traits where human intelligence made conscious selections based on "wholistic" human understanding. In the last 200 or so years the decisions have been based on a "scientific" understanding of the world where observations less to conscious selections based on human understanding of individual elements. This scientific approach often leads to an approach where humans kill the forest "perfecting" a tree.

I agree that these human selections often ignore the natural wisdom of nature's selections in the millions of years of co-evolution of human and cannabis.
:bravo:
I applaud your choice to use nature as a guide to scientifically select an approach to perfecting this domesticated herb.

Thank you sir and your response is on point and perfectly eloquent. Don't get me started on what humans have done to this planet or I'll never stop. We are a plague. I digress to more optimism.

I watched an epsiode of Dual Survival last night and there is this new awesome survivalist named Matt. I respect him so much. He and Joe came across a wild native jungle species of pineapple and they started macking on the fruits. Matt stopped them both as they ate til there were two fruits left. Matt says they should not take everything from this plant as they need to leave enough for it to reseed. Then he says something along the lines of "If we provide for nature, nature will provide for us." Matt is an absolutely beautiful human being. If more of us were like him we would leave the world a better place.

Life in all its forms is completely miraculous.

Day 69 total
Day 39 of 12/12
Day ~ 31 of flower

I irrigated the HK and DG with 2 tsp Tiger Bloom and 2 tsp Microbe Brew per air bubbled gallon

The OG Kushes look like they are finishing already. Trichome shots!

The Great White Shark looks bad. The leaves are rusting, browning at the veins and drying to crispy. The buds look ok but I'm contemplating yanking it so no disease or mold develops.

OG Kush
Day69a.JPG

OG Kush
Day69b.JPG

OG Kush
Day69c.JPG

Hindu Kush still hairy and calyxes just starting to grow
Day69d.JPG

Day69e.JPG

Day69f.JPG

Day69g.JPG

Beer holder
Day69h.JPG

Lemon Kush
Day69i.JPG

The Diamond Girl is insanely covered
Day69j.JPG

Those pictures are awesome!

In the beer holder photo, I see branching low to the soil.
Did you bury the crown a little deeper in transplanting?

Thanks Radogast. I've never heard the term bury the crown before. I think I know what you mean but can you explain it for me?

I used those stupid Rapid Rooters to sprout and when transplanting I wanted to bury them as they would kind of wick moisture in a strange way when in soil and left exposed. When exposed they kind of get dry and hard. In burying the top of the Rapid Rooter then adding hydroton I did get a little higher up the main stem than I wouldve wanted. The Hindu was a short and stalky beast so I had little wiggle room. Here's a look back at the Hindu at Day 20 just before transplanting
Day_20b1.JPG

nice Calyx! Question I hope you don't mind me posting it here... I have some meds curing and noticed a visible white mold so I discarded those. The question is looking at the others under a 60x I can see tiny single webs that pop once squeezed and I inspected several does that mean they should be discarded as well? I can't tell if its resin that is making those elastic clearish white lines. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

nice Calyx! Question I hope you don't mind me posting it here... I have some meds curing and noticed a visible white mold so I discarded those. The question is looking at the others under a 60x I can see tiny single webs that pop once squeezed and I inspected several does that mean they should be discarded as well? I can't tell if its resin that is making those elastic clearish white lines. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.
Mold is a spore, any bud that came in contact is potentially contaminated. Definitely not trics making elastic strings, not sure what. I wouldn't risk it espically if they were curing in same container. You gotta dry till the outside is crispy and stems are not wet.
That sucks man.

Thanks Radogast. I've never hearhhe term bury the crown before. I think I know what you mean but can you explain it for me?

I used those stupid Rapid Rooters to sprout and when transplanting I wanted to bury them as they would kind of wick moisture in a strange way when in soil and left exposed. When exposed they kind of get dry and hard. In burying the top of the Rapid Rooter then adding hydroton I did get a little higher up the main stem than I wouldve wanted. The Hindu was a short and stalky beast so I had little wiggle room. Here's a look back at the Hindu at Day 20 just before transplanting

By crown, I mean the part of a plant where the top of the roots grow out of the main trunk and a small bit of the trunk above.
When re-potting, the crown is the original soil line before potting. (some people ( British ?) use crown to refer to the whole plant above ground, so if gets confusing)

You answered my question. The Hindu is BOTH low branching in the way it grew and lower branching by being buried a little deeper during re-potting.
Looks great to me, I just wanted to understand the shape. There is a lot of interesting variations in the way the different Cannabis strains grow, and even hire they respond to different changes in light.

People who "flux" lst their plants here on 420 magazine boards say they bury up to 3 nodes with no problems. I'm sure it was safe for you to plant a little deeper :)

totally with you on this one. its when i started my first grow that i realised how amazing nature is but how criminally understated its workings are. it is just so humbling, we can never recreate an environment without the help of the environment. its a beautiful karma thing. so I am the same that I always ask myself what does nature do to the plant. that the lighting idea is a great start. really keen to know the results.

Wet numbers are in for harvest. Your method plant is in second place for overall weight. And first place for "prime" bud weight. First place was one of the untouched plants by 30g.... Buuuuut 50g of the whole plant was popcorn not prime buds.
If this was in person I'd shake your hand sir. Good game.
Not that I was expecting you to be wrong, just cool see data and confirmation. I'll be updating my journal today with pics and total numbers, once I finish ma coffee.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom