Calyx Hunter's - Soil - Jedi Death Star - 2014

Better greenhouse it if you grow outdoors here. Early and late seasons screw everything up out here. Snow in early October is a killer.

I've thought about it. I'll be doing two Autoflowering strains for the outdoor grow. If they are started in a week or two they shoud be finished by middle of August roughly. They are Auto Ultraviolet by Samsara seeds and Auto Northern Lights by Vision Seeds. I cannot friggin wait til there is no longer a threat of freezing nights. Looks like next week may be in 30's WTF!

Thanks again for the OG clones and shower pan liner idea Teldren you deserve mad +reps

I've thought about it. I'll be doing two Autoflowering strains for the outdoor grow. If they are started in a week or two they shoud be finished by middle of August roughly. They are Auto Ultraviolet by Samsara seeds and Auto Northern Lights by Vision Seeds. I cannot friggin wait til there is no longer a threat of freezing nights. Looks like next week may be in 30's WTF!

Thanks again for the OG clones and shower pan liner idea Teldren you deserve mad +reps

NP dude ideas are not great if you keep them to yourself.

I dried the JDS for about 5 days then its been curing with Boveda packs in mason jars since. Its flavor and high are getting better every day. Its a very medicating smoke making whole body very comfy.

Day_140.JPG

Day_715.JPG

Day_10_LSTa.JPG

Day_10_start_LST.JPG

Day_1211.JPG

Day_16_moved_to_tent.JPG

Day_2114.JPG

Day_248.JPG

Day_30_2nd_12hr_night.JPG

Day_33_5th_12hr_night.JPG

Day_36_8th_12_hr_night.JPG

Day_44_after_16th_12_hr_night.JPG

Day_44_16th_12_hr_night.JPG

46_18th_canopy.JPG

Day_49_21st_day_of_flower1.JPG

Day_50_total_22nd_day_flower.JPG

Lush_n_green.JPG

58_and_30_canopy.JPG

58_and_30_large.JPG

62_and_34c.JPG

69_and_41a.JPG

69_and_41b.JPG

74_and_46a.JPG

b152.JPG

IMG_067122.JPG

IMG_067424.JPG

IMG_27445.JPG

harvest46.JPG

Bounty.JPG

Cool timeline perspective CH! How do those Bovedas work in the plastic ziploc bags? Do you double bag? I know that they're not that airtight and was wondering how they were working out for you. I'm thinking of going that route for my two large colas rather then breaking them up for the time being.

Cool timeline perspective CH! How do those Bovedas work in the plastic ziploc bags? Do you double bag? I know that they're not that airtight and was wondering how they were working out for you. I'm thinking of going that route for my two large colas rather then breaking them up for the time being.
The ziploc is not the best choice but I had more than I had expected and didn't want to purchase more mason jars. Its interesting though I've put two Boveda packs in the ziploc and the buds in there are actually more dense and hard than in the jars. The bud in the jars with the packs is still soft and sticky. So I think ziploc for fast cure which is not the best choice and jars for long cure. I've been smoking on buds from the bag and they are good. I really feel the higher than normal CBD. I'd love to get my JDS nugs analyzed for content %'s.

Calyx, Great post with the run through like that! Just wanted to say well done again! Great going! :)

Thanks Light Addict! I learned many things during this grow. I'm already applying some of the little tweaks in my new grow. I'm having so much fun and its an honor to have you in my grow room.
Thanks for the detailed response CH, much appreciated! I think I'll try double bagging the ziplocs and see if that helps with any moisture loss as I really want to keep these colas in one piece for as long as I possibly can.

No problem Colorado High! Its why we're all here, to help each other by sharing our experiences whether successful or not. I learn more when people share their mistakes. I still think your recovery from the rusting in the soil was amazing. Way to pull through!

The aroma of the Jedi Death Star had me perplexed as to what it reminded me of. Now that some cure time has made the aroma more complex I think I have nailed it.

Jedi Death Star smells like you cleaned a greasy engine with Pine Sol. It is a sweet and subtle pine mixed with motor oil and earth.

Awesome job and breakdown dude. I just got some of the humidipaks in the mail. Bought them after I seen you using them what a great addition. :bravo:

Thanks man. They really work well. I use one in the container I smoke from as well and it turns crumbly dry weed back into perfect soft and sticky nugs that smoke three times as long. No more lettuce, or orange peels, or balling up bread in our jars.

I want to do an experiment. I've cured all my weed in mason jars with the Boveda Packs. I want to remove the packs from half of the jars and vaccuum seal them. I'm curious over a few months how Boveda Packs would cure compared to a vaccuum sealed jar.

Better greenhouse it if you grow outdoors here. Early and late seasons screw everything up out here. Snow in early October is a killer.

The wife and I are considering getting one of those cheap amazon.com greenhouses. The evening winds rip through our yard and it'd be nice to extend the grow season by a few weeks.

It has been about 1 month and 3 weeks of cure and the nugs just keep getting better. The smoke is very medicating as JDS is a 1:1 THC CBD ratio. It really is an equal body and head high with the head high being very mellow. The buds smell of sweet pine and subtle motor fuel. The smoke is very smooth but relatively flavorless. The nugs are fluffy which I don't like. I believe it is a result of my crazy fast dry then attempt to slow it all down with the Boveda packs. I will change my dry method for next harvest.

Less talk more Rock! :rocker:

Da_Nug.JPG

It is very enjoyable but I need some variety. I've been smoking the Jedi Death Star exclusively for over a week now. I think I will be stopping by the dispensary on the way home.

Back
Top Bottom