Calyx Hunter's - Soil - Jedi Death Star - 2014

Day 90 total
Day 62 since flip
Day 54 with flowers
I will let the girls go one more day. I have cold shocked them the last two nights and WOW they look amazing! I've seen a few purple Calyxes and some reddening of leave stems. The buds took a nice healthy step and they look better than they did yesterday. Because of the improvement I'll wait another day. On some mature areas I can see approximately 10-20% amber trichomes. I feel another night of cold will really snap them to the finish line. Anybody else excited for Game of Thrones tomorrow?
IMG_067424.JPG

IMG_066921.JPG

IMG_067021.JPG

IMG_067122.JPG

IMG_067218.JPG

IMG_067323.JPG

IMG_067521.JPG

IMG_067619.JPG

IMG_27445.JPG

IMG_27505.JPG

IMG_27486.JPG

:rocker:

Calyx they are stunning! The yellowing of the leaves is about perfect the plants are racing towards senescence!
Congratulations! Enjoy!

Check out the ambers on the last trichome pic! Also check out the red stems and leaf apexes. Tonight I'll let it get really cold in there for the final night.

Harvest is complete.
I worked for 13 hours in the grow room yesterday trimming. I am really going to look into powered trimmers. My neck still hurts and my hands still stink. I filled the entire drying rack and even saved some of the best trim. I have the drying net rack hung in the tent with a Hepa Filter, Oscillating fan and 105 cfm axial fan still running the exhaust. Our lovely low Humidity Colorado weather will be nice for drying. I'll flip the buds over in a few days and they will probably sit in the net rack for a week or two. I'll keep my on the dryness and when it's all pretty much dry it'll all go into mason jars with Boveda Humidipaks and then I'll vacuum seal them.

Anyone care to make a guess on total dry weight? My original goal is 1 pound. Let's see how close I get.

Pic quality sucks but you get the idea of what I went through yesterday
harvest46.JPG

Harvest is complete.
I worked for 13 hours in the grow room yesterday trimming. I am really going to look into powered trimmers. My neck still hurts and my hands still stink. I filled the entire drying rack and even saved some of the best trim. I have the drying net rack hung in the tent with a Hepa Filter, Oscillating fan and 105 cfm axial fan still running the exhaust. Our lovely low Humidity Colorado weather will be nice for drying. I'll flip the buds over in a few days and they will probably sit in the net rack for a week or two. I'll keep my on the dryness and when it's all pretty much dry it'll all go into mason jars with Boveda Humidipaks and then I'll vacuum seal them.

Anyone care to make a guess on total dry weight? My original goal is 1 pound. Let's see how close I get.

Pic quality sucks but you get the idea of what I went through yesterday
harvest46.JPG

Congratulations on your harvest!

Thanks Light Addict, PeeJay, Vick and RelaxedLester! If you guys are in Colorado anytime soon hit me up! I'd be glad to share the fruits of my labor.

It's obvious that the Colorado economy will improve from legalization initially. What I'm curious about is how CO residents able to grow leagally for personal use will in turn affect the cannabis market. Do you think enough people will start to grow their own that it will eventually reduce the positive impact that the cannabis industry has on our economy?

I think that the overall impact from personal grows on the cannabis industry will be quite positive. There will always be a certain segment that likes to get their hands dirty while the rest relax and enjoy. The main benefit from personal grows is turning on, pun intended, the unenlightened masses to the wonders of cannabis and educating them on the facts, rather than the myths, of cannabis. Only then can it be truely accepted by society as a whole as it should have been from the very beginning.

Calyx Great job on both the grow and the journal. I really enjoyed them both and look forward to your next. I am going to be intereseted to see what you bring down once it dries. In my opinion there is nothing like enjoying anything that you produced yourself!

I think that the overall impact from personal grows on the cannabis industry will be quite positive. There will always be a certain segment that likes to get their hands dirty while the rest relax and enjoy. The main benefit from personal grows is turning on, pun intended, the unenlightened masses to the wonders of cannabis and educating them on the facts, rather than the myths, of cannabis. Only then can it be truely accepted by society as a whole as it should have been from the very beginning.

Yes! I totally agree. I think many people will start to grow their own. I think the horticultural supply industry will explode.

Back
Top Bottom