Calyx Hunter's - Soil - Jedi Death Star - 2014

Thanks for the kind words Teldren, Trichomes and budnoob2

The buds dried way too fast. I should've had intermittent fans on timers not constant air flow. I learn so much every time. This morning I put my buds into 24 pint sized wide mouth mason jars and added a medium sized 62% Boveda Humidipak to each. I didn't have enough jars so I put the rest into a large freezer zip lock with a Boveda pack. The buds look very airy and not dense. The crystals however look amazing. I got this all stored in a cool dark place and we'll see how well it cures.

I have a FoodSaver wide mouth mason jar vacuum sealer on the way from amazon. I will vacuum seal the jars when I get the chance. I have so much that it needs to be stored long term and I'd like to do the proper two month cure.

I would think that since the Humidipak is porous that you will get some bleed through. Plus under vacuum there is no humidity to be concerned with anyways as there is little to no air in which to have any humidity. It might be fun to watch though, especially if you lower the vacuum faster than the Humdipak can compensate, I would expect it to balloon or even burst open.

Here's my bounty and I don't really care about weight as I'll have enough to smoke for my wife and I for about a year
23 Pint sized Mason Jars with medium 62% Boveda Humidipacks in each
1 Freezer Ziplock bag with a Boveda pack

Bounty.JPG

I tried a nug last night. It snapped right off of main stem but left my fingers really really sticky. It smoked smooth but still had chlorophyl taste. The high was soaring but not long lasting. A few more weeks of cure needed.

:cough:

Yo SemperHi! The 40% claim has to be BS or everyone would be growing it and it'd be winning Cannabis Cups. I really enjoyed growing JDS it has amazing growth characteristics. I've been smoking it all day and it needs to cure longer but dans it keeps me feeling really good for about two hours.
Have fun watching your JDS babies grow. I'll be subscribing to your grow if you get a journal going. I hope you do

Check out the Hindu Kush seedling in my multi strain grow. Its the craziest seedling I've ever seen. It also has such amazing symmetry.

I'm not great with blogging but I did start a journal it's in my signature. I guess 40% aside these babies are some of the best seedlings I have ever seen.

The JDS skeletons show my simple and easy nattyflux with only 4 weeks of veg.

You can see how Topping and LST kept the structure of my girls low with multiple even top colas

IMG_28009.JPG

IMG_28018.JPG

IMG_281010.JPG

IMG_28097.JPG

IMG_28088.JPG

IMG_280710.JPG

IMG_28067.JPG

IMG_280511.JPG

IMG_28049.JPG

IMG_28039.JPG

IMG_28024.JPG

I hope you all don't mind that I took my skeletons out of the closet :rip:

Even low growth with tops that all think they are main colas is always my goal when I Top and LST

Since we are paying $$$ for electricity does it not make sense to save as much time as possible?

Growing is my hobby and passion and I love it but I still don't want to waste time and money doing it.

It will be super fun growing outdoors this Spring and Summer. Maybe I will try Light Addicts Flux when I can play outdoors with no cost for the light.

I find the GLR very intriguing as it could save money and lamp life. GLR should be a great way to use your new LED.

I 100% agree with your philosophy CH! That is the main reason I use GLR. GLR allows the plants to reach sexual maturity at their own pace while consuming the least amount of time and resources.

Back
Top Bottom