Calyx Hunter's - Soil - Jedi Death Star - 2014

Nice me and my friend just got White Rhino, Tangerine Dream, and Bubblegum for them. CH I got 4 OG Kush clones in dixie cups if you want them. I decided to run 6 Grape Apes so I am going to pitch them unless you want them.

Day 86 total
Day 58 from flip
Day 50 of actual flower
I irrigated with just distilled water last night with a new pump technique. It was way easier. I also used the pump to remove the drainage. My next grow will have many advancements in indoor soil farming. I've got ideas stacked on ideas.
Getting real close to harvest. Lots of yellowing going on which is good. I defoliated some more. I used some LST wire to prop up alot of the center colas as they are laying down because they are lazy fatties. These pictures are not the greatest quality. I was not feeling overly inspired but update pics are here
86_n_58a.JPG

86_n_58b.JPG

86_n_58c.JPG

:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

Hot Damn!
Looking chunky CH!

well done!!
:thumb:

The first photo really shows the cola's girthiness!
Another week of flushing?
What are trichs telling you?

Hot Damn!
Looking chunky CH!

well done!!

The first photo really shows the cola's girthiness!
Another week of flushing?
What are trichs telling you?

Thanks Vick!
Yes sir, one more week of flushing. I noticed my drainage still has a decent amount of brownish color. I wish I could afford an EC meter.

I splurged yesterday on a $20 imicroscope that fits onto the iPhone 4. I could not hold the thing steady enough and this is the best I got
86_n_58d.JPG

which pretty much says nothing. I'll try again tonight when the light is still on and I have the patience. I think ambers are just starting.
Great questions Vick +rep

Yeah those little snap on phone dealio's are pretty rad.
That's just it though, holding it steady enough to get the shot.
Try pulling a nug off, then you can really get up and in it with the photos.
Then of course you'll have the pleasure of testing it when it's dry!;)
:yummy:

oh and thanks for the reps brother!

I would like to hear more about the irrigation technique.

It still needs to be refined but here's an explanation. I found a small in-line 12vdc water pump and I scrounged up a 12vdc transformer and got it powered and running. I got a 5 gallon bucket and as I added each gallon I drew a water line with a sharpee so I can tell as each gallon runs through. I got 20' of 3/8" vinyl tubing from Home Depot and hooked up the pump. Now I can flip a switch a water my girls like its from a garden hose. It is a vast improvement over filling a tiny watering jug 1000 times. removing the drainage is as simple as reversing the tubing and putting the intake into the trays and the output tube into the bucket. I probably saved an hour or more of my time watering with this little setup. The only problem is that I am using a switch on a power strip that is only 3 feet long so I have to move the power strip around with me. I will run wires up the length of the output tube and install a switch near the watering end so I can control the pump power with the flip of a switch. Tube clamps will help too as I had the output tube slip out of the bucket when I wasnt looking and just drain away onto the floor. With a few improvements I will be in watering heaven.

For my next grow I will also build a drain table that is slightly slanted so I can have all drainage empty into a bucket.

Some say that necessity is the mother of invention. Well I say laziness is the mother of innovation.

That's exactly how I water my garden.
Like you I got fed up with the amount of time it took filling and pouring.
So I rigged a little 100 gph pump to about 7 feet of garden hose, then right into a HD watering wand.
Works like a charm, and I've been feeding like that for the past 3 grows.
That is until I build my top feed watering rig for the next one!!

wiw!

Some say that necessity is the mother of invention. Well I say laziness is the mother of innovation.

well put..

I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about these. How long do you think until I should harvest?

This one is weird. The trichs all look dented on the same side. Anyone know why?
a195.JPG

b152.JPG

c135.JPG

d105.JPG

e36.JPG

f108.JPG

g52.JPG

The HPS spectrum may make it difficult to see :hmmmm:

That's exactly how I water my garden.
Like you I got fed up with the amount of time it took filling and pouring.
So I rigged a little 100 gph pump to about 7 feet of garden hose, then right into a HD watering wand.
Works like a charm, and I've been feeding like that for the past 3 grows.
That is until I build my top feed watering rig for the next one!!

wiw!

well put..

Hey Vick! Can you post a pic of your watering rig? I'd like to see it. Thank you if you actually have enough time to do that for me.

Hey Vick! Can you post a pic of your watering rig? I'd like to see it. Thank you if you actually have enough time to do that for me.

I haven't built my drip system yet. Bought everything I need to make it, but that's about 2 weeks away from construction.
I'll take a photo of my hand watering wand and pump when I get home tonight if that's what you meant..

I haven't built my drip system yet. Bought everything I need to make it, but that's about 2 weeks away from construction.
I'll take a photo of my hand watering wand and pump when I get home tonight if that's what you meant..

Yeah I'd like to see your current watering wand. Thanks man! :high-five:

It's kind of funny that I will probably be taking the same evolutionary irrigation steps that you've taken. Watering jug, done. Watering wand, in progress. Top feed drip system, in the future.

The OxygenPot System that Light Addict is trying looks like it may be in my future as well.

Here's a photo of my watering wand setup.
pretty straight forward.

wand_1.jpg

I attached a ball valve at the end of the wand.
Just throw the pump in the bucket/res. Double check to make sure the valve is SHUT,
then lean it upright in the corner. Plug it in, and go to it.
I took off the spray baffle, because I hated the flow it gave me.
Learned to control the flow with the ball valve.
You'll get pretty good at it after a while.
But nothing beats automatic feeding!
You're definitely heading in the right direction my friend.:;):

:morenutes:

wand_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom